Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated - Placeable Fish - Koi Fish Group

by Bakie Posted 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM - Updated 28th Aug 2021 at 1:37 PM by Bakie

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
You mean in the lots in the new Get Famous world? As in the other worlds it's still working in my case. I Haven't tested them in Del Sol Valley yet.

That they're are sunken into the ground is "normal" as in the water they will appear below the water surface with sometimes a dorsal fin above it.
That you can't grab them afterwards could be because of the lot you placed it on. Even before we had the terrain tools, EA's lots weren't completely flat. This could cause an object to be placed half inside the ground with only a small part of the footprint sticking out of the terrain which makes them impossible to be grabbed/deleted/moved a second time.
The sledge hammer should remove it anyway though if you first click en hold on another object placed on that same ground, before draggin a rectangle over the ground.
Of course these Koi fish shouldn't be placeable on the ground in the first place as they belong in the water. But I made them that way so you could make some aquarium without water with them. When you do use a pool, you can remove them by using the eyedropper tool or the same way as I described with placing them on the ground and removing them with the sledge hammer.
When selecting the pool and deleting it it will get deleted with it too.

Be sure if you want to grab them, to be right above your lot and not in an angle looking at it, as that will make the change to grab them smaller as the footprint that's grab-able is totally flat.
You can also use a plant underneath it, so it's easier for you to find it back, or if you're using it for a custom aquarium without water, make the room first. So if you delete the room, the fish will get deleted with it.
Thank you. I had the button to place the camera directly overhead ticked, so I wasn't at an angle. I was actually trying them on version 1.44. I haven't tried since I finally got internet access to update, lol. It might have been that the lot wasn't completely flat. I do plan to put them in a pool, the ground placement was a test, as the first time I tried to place them in a pool, I couldn't see them at all. I'll keep testing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 6:59 AM
Thank you for this! I just love koi fish!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by midge719
Yes in del sol in the pinnacles, the first lot facing the city, but what's weird is there is a skyline glitch, sometimes when you go to build mode or cas and come back and it's glitching the fish work, when you reload the game they have vanished, I have also been getting a lot of exceptions, I took the file out and tried again, less exceptions this time, put the file back in more, I love this mod, I also know this mod is not at fault because I have used it loads of times since release, no problems, just wish EA would get their act together and fix whatever is causing animations not to work. Thank you Bakie for everything you make and do for us all, very much appreciated. Also please excuse my English it's not my native language.

Your English is perfectly fine! I make a lot of mistakes in English myself too, also in my videos, but people seem to understand it anyway, so no worries!
I have Exceptions myself too, but I can't really fix those, also because most of the time I don't understand the exception files.. :P
The problem with the dissapearing animations is definitely something that happened after a patch somewhere this year as I can remember people telling me about them before.
And thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate it!

Quote: Originally posted by AyamePasse
Thank you. I had the button to place the camera directly overhead ticked, so I wasn't at an angle. I was actually trying them on version 1.44. I haven't tried since I finally got internet access to update, lol. It might have been that the lot wasn't completely flat. I do plan to put them in a pool, the ground placement was a test, as the first time I tried to place them in a pool, I couldn't see them at all. I'll keep testing.

You do sometimes need to wait a few in game minutes, so a few seconds before they spawn. Simply pressing the 3 for fast forwards might help. Besides that having your game up-to-date as well as playing with graphical settings at least on medium is important too. But as you did already saw them the other time, that might not be the problem. Trying another lot if you can't see them in your pool, might help.
Quote: Originally posted by sophinalynn
Thank you for this! I just love koi fish!

Me too and you're welcome!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:24 PM
Thanks so much for making this possible, now I can put moving fish in my pond
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th May 2020 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venus4ever
Thanks so much for making this possible, now I can put moving fish in my pond

You're welcome!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 5:30 AM
I was just about to do a Japanese home in my game and saw this. Perfection!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
I was just about to do a Japanese home in my game and saw this. Perfection!!!
Haha, give them a good home!

Page 2 of 2