Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:25 PM
Default Same neighbor look thru telescope.
Hi: I am playing a scenario where my girl looks thru telescope to meet new male partners. She successfully made enemies with Gabe O'mackey first and to end up being his friend. The problem is that everytime she looks thru telescope same guy shows up and as an experiment she invites him over and start looking thru telescope. Funny she sees Gabe again thru telescope... What's up with that? I saw a mod here that would take care of that but, unfortunately the file can not be extracted cause it's corrupt. I even tried 7 zip same thing it says its corruped. I would like to know which bhav I have to tweek to have random male neighbors showing up on the look thru interaction. I am very new to bhav modding but I suppose I have to find where all the bhav's are located and make a package and tweek that or those behav's if I'm right. It's very anoyying to have same neighbor showing up everytime. Many thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:22 AM
You need to upgrade WinRAR in order to open the file, it is not corrupted.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:25 AM
The sim who runs over to slap them has the first instance number in the neighbourhood. And yes, that simply means you need to update WinRar.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:23 PM
The game uses the first valid neighbour it finds then stores the Nid in the telescope to ensure the same neighbour will always be used by the telescope.
The opcode to change (Look Through - Find Look Subject) is in the telescope semi-globals; group 0x7FFEA664, instance 0x0000201B.

CJH_LookThruTelescope (less than 1kb) is the code extracted from A&N which ensures the neighbour chosen is one that your sim would want to perve at, age and gender appropriate.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The game uses the first valid neighbour it finds then stores the Nid in the telescope to ensure the same neighbour will always be used by the telescope.
The opcode to change (Look Through - Find Look Subject) is in the telescope semi-globals; group 0x7FFEA664, instance 0x0000201B.

CJH_LookThruTelescope (less than 1kb) is the code extracted from A&N which ensures the neighbour chosen is one that your sim would want to perve at, age and gender appropriate.
Thanks a lot Chris! I will try this.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

Hi Chris: I got the file and I tried it. There is no other than look thru menu on the telescope,so she looked at some few different women which are not her sexual preference. I don't get it..is there supposed to be a menue of sims showing up for her to choose ? or how does it really work I wonder,cause she has male gender preferance more than female but she got three fugly maxis ladies ,one from vacation destiny showing up and fighting her.