Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Testers Wanted: Genie Maid Updated 20th December

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 137 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 89,740 Views
Uploaded: 18th Dec 2004 at 9:55 PM
Updated: 16th Jan 2005 at 10:49 AM
UPDATED 21th December

****NEW: While it isn`t a update to the maid herself, I`ve uploaded a new version of the changes to the fridges, giving a new "left over turkey" option. The sims on selecting this option will get a cooked turkey out of the fridge (each turkey serves 6). While in the current version the maid will not use this option, I might (depending on demand) be posting a new version in which she does soon. ****
(Download the Turkey_pizza_fridge.zip)

This is a early version of one of the NPC's I`m working on.

A Magic Cornucopia, with a genie maid inside. When there is something which needs cleaning, she will appear, clean and then disappear.

The first time it is activated. There can be some problems with her jumping around. Either wait for her to finish her first set off cleaning and then when she appears again, she will be fine. Or with a clean house, get a sim to "Rub" ("Activate" in the earlier version I attached) the cornucopia.

When activated/rubbed by another sim, if the house is clean, she will either not appear at all or appear and then disappear straight away.

While she will not chose to do anything else but clean, Another sim can interact with her, ie... talk to her.

Known problem: If a sim is eating a snack, the maid will keep appearing and disappearing until the sim has finished the snack.

*New version.* VERSION 0.2

New features:
* Turn on/off (stop the genie appearing when turned off , unless you get a sim to "rub" the cornucopia)
* After she has cleaned everything, if you have a coffee maker (plain coffee maker) and there is no coffee already made, she will make some.
* She now appears close to where you place the cornucopia

****Another small update.**** VERSION 0.21

This is more of a test version than the others in that I haven't tested it myself that much.

It adds three new features.
*First it makes a change to the more expensive fridges, add a new option of "left over pizza" which gives a endless supply of pizza slices. (watch out for the christmas special of "left over turkey", coming in the next day or two.)
*The second change is that the maid will get a platter of pizza out the fridge when she has finished her cleaning and making coffee. (In this version each platter only has one slice on, I will be changing this tomorrow.)
*She will also walk back to the cornucopia before disappearing, and when a sims rubs the cornucopia, they will walk next to it first.

I know cold pizza isn`t very healthy for the sims, but it`s better than them not eating.

Known problem: I know there is a small problem with the animation when a sim gets the platter out of the fridge in that they close the door before the platter appears in their hand, I will work on this for future versions

For the test version download version 0.21. If you have problems with that, download version 0.2