Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:26 AM
Default How To Make More Than 5 Floors (The Sims 3)
Hi Everyone.
As you all probably know, in the Sims 2 there was a cheat that allowed you to set the maximum stories you are able to build. (sethighestallowedlevel XXX) But in the sims 3, I can't find anything about that.
I have heard about the cheat where you make it LOOK like there is many levels, but i am attepting to create Hogwarts, and I need to ACTUALLY make many levels!
Can anyone help??
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:02 AM
There are four ways you can fake it:

1. Use constrainfloorelevation false to make the bottom floor as high as you want, then build four floors higher.
http://www.gawkk.com/the-sims-3-bui...utorial/discuss

2. Build the first five floors then raise the ground inside it and build five more floors on top of that ground. Raise the ground inside that and build the last five floors on top of that ground.
http://en.kendincos.net/video-jttrn...in-sims-3-.html - Note: Ignore that ad that claims you are the one-millionth visitor and have won a $1000 Walmart spree

3. The ugliest solution is to raise a section of land very high, build 5 floors, and then paint the land that is holding it up.

4. You can build five floors and pretend they are tall using the following skyscraper windows by Cyclonesue
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...dows/id/916947/
You might need an account at that site to dl it.

Edit:

If you have a sim with many lifetime points then I suggest using them to purchase 2 teleporters. One goes right in front of the base entrance and the other goes right to the floor you intend to be lived in, optimally on an upper ledge that can be accessed from outside so that the sim need only warp onto the ledge and walk inside the building.

Why did the creators not allow us to build more floors? In TS2 we were also limited until an expansion gave us a way to build more. TS3 is milking the cow, you know. Perhaps it is even so that there is code for more floors and it will be unlocked by a later expansion, perhaps Late Night.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:58 PM
Shoosh, looks like Late Night might give us more floors, all the pics I've seen so far feature high buildings, though we know pics and videos don't always represent what we get.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:26 PM
well guess we can safely say that EA is still milking the cow, cause the townhall video clearly stated that we will not be able to build above 5 floors without using a cheat which there supposedly is somewhere. I am yet to find this cheat anywhere on the net in any search engine...ugh...
dodgy builder
#5 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 12:56 PM
I'm looking for the same, have anyone seen any?
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigathon
Hi Everyone.
As you all probably know, in the Sims 2 there was a cheat that allowed you to set the maximum stories you are able to build. (sethighestallowedlevel XXX) But in the sims 3, I can't find anything about that.
I have heard about the cheat where you make it LOOK like there is many levels, but i am attepting to create Hogwarts, and I need to ACTUALLY make many levels!
Can anyone help??

Me too! I hope they get it figured out soon! lol I got so far on my Hogwarts before I realized there just wasn't going to be a gryffindor common room