Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 3:39 PM Last edited by MistyNotes : 8th Jul 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: updating chapters
Default 10 - dark YA story
This is my first real venture into writing without pictures from the game in quite some time. The main character is Seth, the villain of Valley. This is the story of events in his life when he was a high school sophomore and it can certainly stand alone, although you may get a bit more meaning from it if you know Valley.

I will be publishing it on my blog.

Warning - there is some profanity. It'd probably be rated PG-13 if it were a movie.

He wanted to be a drop of water. He wanted to fall into the basin and slip down its drain. He wanted to disappear.

The tiny stars above him grew brighter and wavered and fell one by one until finally, finally, he curled up and slept.

He brought his fists down again and again. The fire roared around him, white and orange and yellow and red, and his skin cracked and bubbled and turned black and fell away.

He had started the herb garden last year. Something to keep him busy, keep him out of trouble. That was what his mother said. She watched him sometimes, from the kitchen window.

The air shimmered above the asphalt. Engines rumbled and roared. Bass thumped from the open window of a nearby car. His sternum thumped along with it as he walked across the parking lot.

"How about you? Who would you curse?”

“The darkness.”

They skirted a butterfly bush growing near the wall.

“Darkness? How would you curse the absence of light?”

“With a flamethrower.”

He wanted to say that not all bears were created equal, that some bears had drunk Scandinavian wizards riding on them, that he didn’t want to fight these bears.

Burnt match smell. Birthdays. A whole cake just for him, decorated like a garden. White flowers, green grass, blue sky, bright orange sun. Like an eye of fire.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 10:52 PM
Default Updated after quite some time
So - I'm not dead!