Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2015 at 6:46 AM
Default Removing functions from objects (total beginner question)
Hello everyone,

I have a have a quick question (and I bet it's not that complicated) but I don't know where to start searching for answers.

How do I convert an existing Sims object with functions in just a decorative one?

I wanted to add the "UFO-car" to a diving lot (I wanted to plant stranded aliens in my world and thought it might be fun). And to avoid someone grabbing it I thought it might be best to remove it's functions. Might also be usefull for parked cars in CAW, who knows.

Like I said in the topic - I'm a total beginner and it might be possible that I just complicate things, but an answer would be much appriciated (even if it's just "look here noob, we discussed this already").

Greetings from Germany
Mööpi

Edit: FYI: I tinkered a bit with TSR Workshop (texture adding/editing mostly) and have some dangerous halfknowledge in S3PE and s3oc. Thought I might add that.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th May 2015 at 9:11 AM Last edited by Arsil : 18th May 2015 at 9:56 AM.
Hello ^^
I think the easiest solution is to override the OBJK of the object assigning it the class of a decor object.
Now that I think about it, you can probably use the class used by UL decorative cars.
Give me a minute...

In the meantime, check this similar thread : http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...986#post4744986

...oh, deco cars simply don't have any class.

You first have to clone the object with S3OC (using the renumbering option) and edit the OBJK of the clone,
otherwise if you change how the "official" ufo-car works you'll probably screw up the game.

Cloning the object is overkill, since it will create copies of every resource, while all you need is only a new
OBJD and OBJK (maybe also VPXY and FTPT if the footprint has to be changed too),
but usually modders don't care about that (on the other hand, having a copy of all
resources can come in handy if you decide to edit them later).

Well, this may only confuse you, so don't think about it.

Then, you open the new package with S3PE, right click on the OJBK resource, select "Edit OBJK" and untick the "Script" checkbox,
click save, commit changes and save the package.

You may also need to edit the footprint of the cloned car (or place it with "moveobjects on")
since you can't use the parking anymore (I think). But before doing that try to place it as is.

If you need more help, I'm here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2015 at 9:58 AM Last edited by Mööpi : 18th May 2015 at 10:10 AM.
Thanks

if it works with moveobjects on, it's fime by me. It's just for show anyway

I think this will help ... or I'll create a package that crashes my game ^^

Edit: Aaaand ... it didn't.

Thanks again!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2015 at 11:39 AM
Ok, looking at it a bit I thought "damn ... it's stuck in the ground" but it turned out to be a good thing. For me at least.

Attached you find a quick screenshot. It does what it is intended for and the original is still working. I call that a success

Maybe I'll try to add the beauty stuff from the other thread you linked. There must be some way to screw this up ^^

Thanks again!
Screenshots
Inventor
#5 Old 18th May 2015 at 11:53 AM
With NRaas Debug Enabler you can probably move it up or down, even underwater.

Check if Sims can walk/swim through it. If they do and that's a problem for you let me know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2015 at 12:17 PM
Actually I wanted to surround it with stuff so something like that couldn't happen. Corals, junk, etc. I did realize that the Sims don't actually swim over objects, more like find a way arround. This, and that the "can't go there" screaming is as annoying as when it happens on land.

I'll check that, but atm it seams it does what it's supposed to do.