Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 8:48 PM
How to Create Custom Content on Mac?
Hey everybody. I've been playing sims 3 for a while now, & i've downloaded so much custom content, & now i'm interested in actually making my own objects or hair or whatever else there is i can create.
I've got a desktop Mac, which is a Leopard. It's version is 10.5.8, & it has 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (whatever that means)
it has 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (whatever that means as well).
I have been thoroughly searching the internet, & i have not been able to find anything that sounds like english or anything that is english but i cannot make sense of, that explains to me how to create my own custom content. I would like to know if can even run any programs that will allow me to create my own custom content, & if my computer is up for creating many many beautiful sims 3 things

And if there is actually something, can it please be explained to me in very very very plain english? :D
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:11 PM
The majority of the tools are written so that they don't have to be installed, so you can run them on OS X using Mono. This doesn't include TSRW, but you can clone, edit and create new cc with s3oc/s3pe. There may have been some issues getting S3OC to read the game files, been a while since I tried that so I can't fully remember. The cheapest and easiest route is to use Mono. Unless of course you have a windows OS currently not licensed on another computer because you could then use dual boot which would give a bit better performance with the tools.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580

Blender and Wings both work for OS X and both are free, however you need Blender (or Milkshape) to assign joints. If your new to meshing it would be worth your time to learn in Blender since there are plugins for that, plus Blender has a pretty good wiki with tutorials.

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

Go through the list of things that plasticbox has listed, and if you can't quite understand that and install mono then it might be hard for you to create cc. Installing mono and running an application through it-via-terminal is quite easy, much easier than creating cc IMO.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 4:36 AM
i've already seen this link, but i didn't realise all mono does is provide a platform so i could use the programs >.< thanks though, it's clearer now :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2013 at 7:13 PM
same prob could you make a youtube vid of how to do it then post the link on here
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 1:58 AM
Default How to simpiley make Sims3 CC was that english enough mate?
well it depends on how Use you are to very complicated things i would use my ipad or iphone and use a 3D modeling app or just use my computer but i have one on my ipad and i forgot it's name for example if you wanted hair... just try modelling it on a human body shape on the app if you want to use your computer just use meshlab but on the ipad it's less giberish and more english lol but srsly after you've coloured all of it in you should downlode it on to your os x or Windows but to publish it on Mod The Sims............................ idk no srlsy idk..... soz and to add it to your game i kinda guess......... put it in your mods folder and see what happens soz tired