Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2015 at 9:33 AM
Default Problem with floor mirror reflection
Hi ,

I'm trying to convert a floor mirror I like from TS2 to TS3. The problem is that, in despite of all my efforts, the mirror reflection doesn't work correctly (see attached screenshots). I really don't know how to fix it :/. I tried to remake the object several times, without any success...

Can someone help me please ?

Jim.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th May 2015 at 3:04 AM
you can fix the reflection with TT3, however I have had nothing but problems when trying to use that feature the program keeps shutting down on me. Give it a try though, maybe its just my system
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:20 AM Last edited by TheJim07 : 7th May 2015 at 5:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by metisqueen30
you can fix the reflection with TT3, however I have had nothing but problems when trying to use that feature the program keeps shutting down on me. Give it a try though, maybe its just my system

Thank you very much for answering . What is TT3 exactly ?

EDIT : I found TT3 and downloaded it. When I open my package file, the program crashes ^^'.
Inventor
#4 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:55 AM
I doubt I can help you, but if you upload it I'll take a look at it.
Could be useful to know what object you have cloned for comparison.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:51 PM
I attached the file. To create this object, I cloned the "Mirror Floor Moderate". I tried to clone the "Mirror Floor Country" but the result was the same.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TheJim07_Mirror_AdeleExquisiteMirror.rar (271.8 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
#6 Old 7th May 2015 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Arsil : 8th May 2015 at 7:41 AM.
The MODL is fine and - in game - if you look at the mirror from afar it works
(also when you said in the screenshot that it worked when it can't be placed
it made me think that the low def mesh was working), so the problem must
be in the MLOD (not the shadows, the one with group 0x00000000).

Comparing the S3PE's preview of that resource with that of the original object I spotted 2 differences:
- in yours there's no joint reference defined (see screenshot)
- in yours there's one extra entry in the TGIBlockList (a texture, easelPainting_reveal...)

I've added the joint reference with S3PE's Grid but still doesn't work (maybe you haven't
assigned the vertices to the joint with MilkShape or the software you use for meshing?).

I wasn't able to understand if that extra texture is used or not (I guess not).

I noticed one of yours TXTC looks corrupted (or at least S3PE can't parse it).

EDIT: in the screenshot I wrote MODL but I meant MLOD.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2015 at 7:34 AM
Well I don't know what to do about that :/
Inventor
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 9:46 AM
I'm not sure anymore about what I said about the MODL being correct. Maybe it's the distance
that gives the illusion that the mirror is working, not the use of the low definition mesh.

I cloned the original TXTC changing what needed to be changed but it still doesn't work.
But I noticed something: if you look at the mirror from the side or through another mirror
here's what happens: <see screenshots>

Is the mirror reflecting the face/texture behind itself?
Could the face/texture behind the mirroring face be the problem?
Or the fact that there are parts of the mirror behind its frame?

You should also correct the group00. Copy the one of the original mirror trying to adapt it to the size of your mirror.
Otherwise the drop shadow is wrong (I think).

I also tried to create a texture for the mirroring surface but me and Gimp don't go along well
when it comes to edit channels (the color components decompose/recompose doesn't seem
to work or I don't understand how to make it work).

Sorry but I'm already sick of it, I never enjoyed meshing. I hope a true mesher helps you.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:32 AM
Anyway thank you very much for your help
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJim07
Thank you very much for answering . What is TT3 exactly ?

EDIT : I found TT3 and downloaded it. When I open my package file, the program crashes ^^'.

Yes that's exactly my problem..don't know why Inge hasn't come up with a solution. Unfortunately the only other thing I can think of is cloning this one mirror (however I can't remember the name but I will ask my friend who helps me with meshing) that the reflection is always right for some reason (according to her) I will ask and post the name of it