Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 19
Field Researcher
#151 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I didn't know there was such a thing or I would have implemented that already.

I just found out myself. My Directing branch Sim received the ability.
Test Subject
#152 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 7:33 AM
i dunno if maybe someone can help me with a problem. I have the box in game but just like the mood manager, treasure box, gardening gnome, wand, functional nectar barrels and guns i cannot interact with them in game i can only buy them in buy mode. is there something more i need to do other than put them in sims3>mods>packages folder
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#153 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 7:30 PM
@twiggy_the_stick_gurl: You have framework failure. Follow the instructions from the Package Tutorial and remove all framework stuff from the TS3 installation directories. If you can't figure it out yourself, start a thread in the Game Help forum.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#154 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:21 PM
This is brilliant! I love writing as much as I love using the computer, and this mod should be in the original game! Thank you for taking the trouble and sharing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:05 PM
This is one of the most useful and enjoyable mods I have ever used, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:39 PM
It looks like the Steam version of the game has the different version number, and a few mods get the mod script found message when they should work with the non-Steam version. Four of the mods I have installed don't work, this one and your mood fix are two of them. It is a shame cause I have wanted a non-computer way to write, but it looks like us Steam players are out of luck with some mods.
Original Poster
#157 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damiankesser
It looks like the Steam version of the game has the different version number, and a few mods get the mod script found message when they should work with the non-Steam version.
The mods scripts found thing is just a friendly reminder that there are non-EAxian scripts in the game. It doesn't tell you something about compatibility.

Quote:
Four of the mods I have installed don't work, this one and your mood fix are two of them.
How exactly are they not working? The thing about the mood fix is that you shouldn't exactly notice it anyway BTW.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 9:31 PM
Mine doesn't work, none of my sims will use it. They give the usual 'can't reach it' tantrum no matter where I put it.
Original Poster
#159 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by makibird
Mine doesn't work, none of my sims will use it. They give the usual 'can't reach it' tantrum no matter where I put it.
I will look if I can re-enact that, but I have never seen that. Put the pad into a sim's inventory for now and try to start the interaction from there.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:00 PM
Hi. I've downloaded this mod a few weeks ago (it's totally awesome), but I wanted to know if it's compatible with the latest patch (the one that came out today), and if not if it's gonna be updated. I assume it is, but I just want to be sure before taking any risks. Thanks!
-Cutepuppy
Original Poster
#161 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:20 PM
@cutepuppy101: I suggest you check the upload post, i.e. what's stated there under compatibility. And as long as I'm active on MTS, I will keep my mods updated.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:32 PM Last edited by cutepuppy101 : 1st Feb 2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: typor
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@cutepuppy101: I suggest you check the upload post, i.e. what's stated there under compatibility. And as long as I'm active on MTS, I will keep my mods updated.

Thanks. I just realized that it said on the overview page that it was updated. I'm kind of oblivious like that. Anyways, keep doing what you're doing.
Test Subject
#163 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 10:20 AM
Just a quick check about version compatibility (and sorry to ask such a dumb question).
Checking the upload post I see that the latest game version stated is 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0, however the most recent update just shows as "2011-02-01 - Version header changed to current code version. No code changes were needed" I'm not sure what this means, and I was really hoping it means that the mod didn't need updating to still work for the latest patch (1.19 /.../6.2). Is this correct? and if so, maybe you could make it a bit clearer on the upload post for other people like me.

Thanks, and thanks for such an awesome mod. I really hope I can use it.
Original Poster
#164 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBell
Checking the upload post I see that the latest game version stated is 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0
That's the change log you're referring to. You can find the currently supported game version if you look what's stated under compatibility.

Test Subject
#165 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:05 PM
Thank you. I cant believe I missed that. I did look right down the post trying to find it and somehow missed it completely. Now I feel really silly!

Thanks again for your (super quick) answer and for your mod.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 11:23 PM
This is amazing, I've been wanting something like this forever. Is there any chance you might consider adding the "Write Stakeout Report" for the Ambitions Investigator career? I have a technophobic investigator who would love you forever if you did.
Original Poster
#167 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
Is there any chance you might consider adding the "Write Stakeout Report" for the Ambitions Investigator career?
I really hope you're just making an assumption here, because that interaction was already implemented in the first public version of this mod.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#168 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:47 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, I was making an assumption. I downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to actually use it yet. Thanks again!
Original Poster
#169 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
Oh, I'm so sorry, I was making an assumption.
Very relieving. I probably don't need to debug it then. No need to be sorry, though.

Test Subject
#170 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 3:57 AM
This mod won't even show up in my game. I've tried deleting and redownloading it and also deleting the caches and it still won't work. It tells me right after loading that the script has been found, but when I go into the game and try to purchase the scribbling pad, it isn't there. Anything I can do that I may have missed to make this work? It sounds awesome, and I'd really like to use it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#171 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:12 AM
I love this item to death and I was wondering if the 'chat online' interaction could be added as 'write letter'?
Original Poster
#172 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teapotanathema
This mod won't even show up in my game. {...}
Any chance that you only looked in "By Room" sorting? If so, either try the "By Function" sorting or redownload and try again.

Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
I love this item to death and I was wondering if the 'chat online' interaction could be added as 'write letter'?
No, but I could write a new interaction for that. Don't hold your breath, though. I already have a lot on my list, and I'm not exactly comfortable with adding stuff without getting stuff off the list first.

Test Subject
#173 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 12:09 AM
I will check this. Thanks.
Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 9:32 PM
It's there, and working like a charm. Thanks very much for the excellent work!
Test Subject
#175 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 8:17 PM
I've been using this for a while now. My only complaint is that it raises writing skill ridiculously fast, allowing level 10 to be attained in a day or less!
Page 7 of 19