Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:58 PM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:50 PM.
Default The Princess Challenge
THE PRINCESS CHALLENGE

This is a challenge with which I've had a lot of fun myself, so I want to share it with you.

Description
The goal of this challenge is to make the prince fall in love with you and to become a princess. Will you be a conniving schemer or a kind-hearted do-gooder? The choice is yours and you can win either way. Your decisions will have an impact on your reputation, your traits and your future, however, so choose carefully!

This challenge has a lot of text, and I’ve used spoiler tags so that this post wouldn't be so messy. You can but don’t need to read everything in advance, it’s completely up to you. Reading it will make the challenge easier, but it’ll be more fun if you don’t read it beforehand. The text consists of four main parts: the rules, the daily schedule, the random events and the descriptions of the different destinies that your sim may have.

Setting up
-You live in a castle with five other princess candidates. Create all of the other candidates and your own sim in CAS and move them in. They need to be young adults. Pick their traits randomly. Your own sim’s aspiration must be Successful Lineage.
-You may build the castle yourself or use a premade one. There are a lot of nice castles in the gallery! The furniture may be fancy (it’s even recommended!). Also make sure that there are enough skilling objects for everybody: a couple of easels, different instruments, chess tables, skill books and so on. You need to use a money cheat to be able to afford everything. You may also freely use money during the challenge. It’s recommended not to have other fun-building items than skilling objects and skill books on the lot, because the princess candidates would then probably use them too often.
-Create the royal family in CAS: the king, the queen and the prince, who is their only child. You may choose their looks and traits or randomize them. Pick a lot for them and move them in, it doesn’t matter whether there is a house there or not, you won’t be visiting them during the challenge.
-Set lifespan to long.
-In the beginning, take your sim to visit the royal family and introduce yourself to them (but don’t try to become friends with them etc.). That way you’ll know them and be able to invite them to your parties.

Rules and instructions
-The challenge lasts three weeks. You need to consult the schedule at six a.m. every day to know what happens that day.
-You cannot control the other candidates unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. Exception: You may occasionally make them clean or repair objects, but you also have to take part in those activities yourself.
-When you’re required to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.
-You may not call the prince, the queen or the king, chat with them or to invite them over unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. You are also not allowed to interact with anybody else in the world except your own household.
-Cheats and mods that give you an advantage over a person who doesn't use them are not recommended.

Aspiration points

The number of aspiration points you have at the end of the challenge will determine your sim’s fate and whether you’ve completed the challenge successfully. You will gain and lose aspiration points during the challenge. I recommend using this very helpful mod to quickly add or subtract aspiration points: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534747 . If you don’t want to use that mod, you can also keep track of your aspiration points manually on a piece of paper. You will probably also gain aspiration points from completing whims, that’s ok and even recommended. Your sim’s aspiration must be Successful Lineage (so that you can’t complete it during the challenge). It is also ok to spend aspiration points if you want to buy rewards. Just remember that the number of aspiration points at the end of the challenge determines whether you've been successful, so be careful not to spend too many of them!

Schemer / Kind-Hearted points
These are the other points you will get during the challenge. Every time you get one, keep count of how many you’ve already got. You can have both Schemer and Kind-Hearted points at the same time.

Tips
-All skills are useful, but the following are the ones you’ll especially need to be successful in the challenge: Cooking, Gardening, Charisma, Violin / Piano / Guitar, Painting, Logic, Mixology.
-It's a good idea to buy expensive furniture. The most expensive bed is helpful, for example, because you won't need to sleep that long every night.

You can stop reading now if you want and go start the challenge. Just remember to check the daily schedule (below) every day at 6 a.m! You can also keep reading if you wish. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

THE DAILY SCHEDULE

Week 1: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 1: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 1: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 1: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 1: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 1: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 1: Day 7 (Saturday)

Week 2: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 2: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 2: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 2: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 2: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 2: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 2: Day 7 (Saturday)

Week 3: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 3: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 3: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 3: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 3: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 3: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 3: Day 7 (Saturday)

RANDOM EVENTS
When the daily schedule asks you to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. You need numbers 1 to 12. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.

THE RESULTS AND THE DESTINIES

When the challenge is over, check how many aspiration points you have as well as how many Schemer and Kind-Hearted points you have. Then find your corresponding destiny below.

> 6000 aspiration points

5500-5999 aspiration points

5000-5499 aspiration points

4500-4999 aspiration points

3500-4499 aspiration points

3000-3499 aspiration points

2500-2999 aspiration points

0-2499 aspiration points
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
Here are some of the screenshots I took on my first playthrough. My princess candidate Katharine is evil and willing to do whatever it takes to make the prince fall in love with her. The candidates live in a beautiful castle I found in the gallery, it's called Simderella's castle (designed by Karrterr12).

The princess candidates held a chess tournament on the seventh day. The beautiful but vicious Katharine is the second girl from the right. Adalyn, the girl on the left, seems to be just as determined to win: you can see her cheating when her partner is looking away...

Needless to say, the girls didn't always get along so well and weren't afraid to show it.

Finally! The princess candidates got to meet the prince during the second week. Somebody might think that Katharine's flirting looks a bit too desperate here, but lo and behold, it seems to be working!

... and here she is, the proud winner of the prince's heart! The other candidates don't seem to be too pleased about it, especially since Katharine is not the kind of girl who plays fairly.

If you'd play this challenge, what kind of a princess candidate would you be? Would you be completely ruthless like Katharine, or would you prefer not to resort to unfair methods and scheming?
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
I'm so doing this. The winner will be my starter on the disney legacy!
Have to get my origin working first, though --'
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:14 AM
Like all of your challenges, it's AWESOME! Gonna try this really soon, as I have crammed 4 challenges in one save maybe I can squeeze one more?
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:49 PM
Yay and thank you, I can't wait to hear how it goes! As always, I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:11 PM Last edited by LadyRiane : 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Here's a picture!
Challenge Accepted!
Hey! I am already having fun with the preparations Thank you so much for the idea!
Creating different types of princesses (including Jasmine from Aladdin ) is probably the funniest part.

Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:03 PM
how do u download it.
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 7:06 PM
@LadyRiane, I love your princesses, and they all look like they really want to win! Please keep us updated.

@kourtneyann10, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean, because you don't need to download anything to play the challenge.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 4:06 PM
Lovely challenge! I might start this when I have my Disney Legacy founder + heirs Then again, that might take a really long time sigh. Anyway, I wanted to ask, how do we obtain schemer/kind-hearted points? Thank you!
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 6:29 PM
@hirondelle09, thank you, I'm glad you like it! You get Schemer / Kind-hearted points based on the decisions you make during the challenge. You don't have to worry about this in advance, the challenge will tell you in a straightforward way when you get a Schemer point or a Kind-hearted point, you'll just have to keep count of them when you do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 4:41 PM
Default Something I don't understand
Quote: Originally posted by Aislynne
THE PRINCESS CHALLENGE

This is a challenge with which I've had a lot of fun myself, so I want to share it with you.

Description
The goal of this challenge is to make the prince fall in love with you and to become a princess. Will you be a conniving schemer or a kind-hearted do-gooder? The choice is yours and you can win either way. Your decisions will have an impact on your reputation, your traits and your future, however, so choose carefully!

This challenge has a lot of text, and I’ve used spoiler tags so that this post wouldn't be so messy. You can but don’t need to read everything in advance, it’s completely up to you. Reading it will make the challenge easier, but it’ll be more fun if you don’t read it beforehand. The text consists of four main parts: the rules, the daily schedule, the random events and the descriptions of the different destinies that your sim may have.

Setting up
-You live in a castle with five other princess candidates. Create all of the other candidates and your own sim in CAS and move them in. They need to be young adults. Pick their traits randomly. Your own sim’s aspiration must be Successful Lineage.
-You may build the castle yourself or use a premade one. There are a lot of nice castles in the gallery! The furniture may be fancy (it’s even recommended!). Also make sure that there are enough skilling objects for everybody: a couple of easels, different instruments, chess tables, skill books and so on. You need to use a money cheat to be able to afford everything. You may also freely use money during the challenge. It’s recommended not to have other fun-building items than skilling objects and skill books on the lot, because the princess candidates would then probably use them too often.
-Create the royal family in CAS: the king, the queen and the prince, who is their only child. You may choose their looks and traits or randomize them. Pick a lot for them and move them in, it doesn’t matter whether there is a house there or not, you won’t be visiting them during the challenge.
-Set lifespan to long.
-In the beginning, take your sim to visit the royal family and introduce yourself to them (but don’t try to become friends with them etc.). That way you’ll know them and be able to invite them to your parties.

Rules and instructions
-The challenge lasts three weeks. You need to consult the schedule at six a.m. every day to know what happens that day.
-You cannot control the other candidates unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. Exception: You may occasionally make them clean or repair objects, but you also have to take part in those activities yourself.
-When you’re required to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.
-You may not call the prince, the queen or the king, chat with them or to invite them over unless it says so in the daily schedule or the random events. You are also not allowed to interact with anybody else in the world except your own household.
-Cheats and mods that give you an advantage over a person who doesn't use them are not recommended.

Aspiration points

The number of aspiration points you have at the end of the challenge will determine your sim’s fate and whether you’ve completed the challenge successfully. You will gain and lose aspiration points during the challenge. I recommend using this very helpful mod to quickly add or subtract aspiration points: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534747 . If you don’t want to use that mod, you can also keep track of your aspiration points manually on a piece of paper. You will probably also gain aspiration points from completing whims, that’s ok and even recommended. Your sim’s aspiration must be Successful Lineage (so that you can’t complete it during the challenge). It is also ok to spend aspiration points if you want to buy rewards. Just remember that the number of aspiration points at the end of the challenge determines whether you've been successful, so be careful not to spend too many of them!

Schemer / Kind-Hearted points
These are the other points you will get during the challenge. Every time you get one, keep count of how many you’ve already got. You can have both Schemer and Kind-Hearted points at the same time.

Tips
-All skills are useful, but the following are the ones you’ll especially need to be successful in the challenge: Cooking, Gardening, Charisma, Violin / Piano / Guitar, Painting, Logic, Mixology.
-It's a good idea to buy expensive furniture. The most expensive bed is helpful, for example, because you won't need to sleep that long every night.

You can stop reading now if you want and go start the challenge. Just remember to check the daily schedule (below) every day at 6 a.m! You can also keep reading if you wish. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

THE DAILY SCHEDULE

Week 1: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 1: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 1: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 1: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 1: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 1: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 1: Day 7 (Saturday)

Week 2: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 2: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 2: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 2: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 2: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 2: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 2: Day 7 (Saturday)

Week 3: Day 1 (Sunday)

Week 3: Day 2 (Monday)

Week 3: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Week 3: Day 4 (Wednesday)

Week 3: Day 5 (Thursday)

Week 3: Day 6 (Friday)

Week 3: Day 7 (Saturday)

RANDOM EVENTS
When the daily schedule asks you to roll a random event, use random.org or roll dice. You need numbers 1 to 12. If it’s an event you’ve already rolled during the challenge, roll again until you get one that you haven’t had already.

THE RESULTS AND THE DESTINIES

When the challenge is over, check how many aspiration points you have as well as how many Schemer and Kind-Hearted points you have. Then find your corresponding destiny below.

> 6000 aspiration points

5500-5999 aspiration points

5000-5499 aspiration points

4500-4999 aspiration points

3500-4499 aspiration points

3000-3499 aspiration points

2500-2999 aspiration points

0-2499 aspiration points

So I'm German and I tried to understand everything but there is one thing I dont understand: what are these random events and the daily events and the random.org?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freakinsims
So I'm German and I tried to understand everything but there is one thing I dont understand: what are these random events and the daily events and the random.org?

Random.org is a site that lets you randomize stuff. You put in the numbers from 1 to 20(? idk how many are there) and it randomizes the number.
As for the events, they are just there to spice up your gameplay so you don't get bored(thanks for making them btw Aisly, I would die)
I hope that is helpful enough.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:40 PM
Thank you for the explanation, @TeckieSimmer!

Today I happened to find some nice dresses and crowns (made by NotEgain) that I think would be perfect for the princess candidates. Here are the links for those interested:
http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/102...rows-nest-dress
http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/102...928/crows-crown

Talented modders have also created some nice medieval clothing and hairstyles (here on MTS and elsewhere) that would suit the princess candidates well, too.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freakinsims

Hi! Lass mich dir behilflich sein

Die daily events findest du unter "THE DAILY SCHEDULE". Du befolgst einfach die Anweisungen, die für jeden Sim-Tag angesetzt sind. Das Ganze dauert dann 3 Sim-Wochen.
An manchen Tagen gibt es keine speziellen Anweisungen, sondern die random events. (zu finden unter "RANDOM EVENTS" ) Davon gibt es 12 Stück. Um herauszufinden welches der Events stattfindet kannst du entweder würfeln, oder einen online Zufallsgenerator wie http://www.zufallsgenerator.net/ oder halt die Seite random.org benutzen.

Falls du noch mehr Fragen hast helfe ich dir gern Viel Spaß beim Spielen!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:27 AM
I can't talk to anyone other that the other canditates but what about the help you mention? Can I befriend/romance them? what about the other canditates, romance? Thinking it could be pretty intresting whilst I try for the prince. And what about the aspiration points I "accidently" gain? Sometimes I go ahead and tell a joke and that was just what she wanted or something else. Is that allowed and will I count these in too?And may I try to get more points by doing things she wishes for on purpose? I'm planning on using paper.(or maybe this is compliting *whims*? And how do I change traits? # Random event 8: How do I make a guy flirt with me if I don't control him? #Random event 9:Am I acctually to go and talk badly about the other girl? Start a rumor or whatever action is available? This also goes for #Random event 12.
(sorry for crappy grammar -I'm European)
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 9:42 PM
@ninalill, here are some answers to your questions, please tell me if there's anything else I can help you with.

I can't talk to anyone other that the other canditates but what about the help you mention? Can I befriend/romance them?
I'm not sure what you mean by the help, sorry!

what about the other canditates, romance?
You may do that if you wish. Better to keep it a secret, though, so that the prince won't find out.

And what about the aspiration points I "accidently" gain? Sometimes I go ahead and tell a joke and that was just what she wanted or something else. Is that allowed and will I count these in too?And may I try to get more points by doing things she wishes for on purpose? I'm planning on using paper.
Yes, you may, and you count these points, too. In fact, it's even recommended to try to complete as many whims as possible. If you use paper, you can just check how many aspiration points you have accumulated by the end of the challenge and add them.

And how do I change traits?
You can use the full edit mode of CAS to do so, for example. Here are the instructions: 1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the cheats console. 2. Type testingscheats true in the cheat console and press Enter. 3. Type cas.fulleditmode and press Enter. 4. SHIFT + right click on selected sim. 5. Select the Edit in CAS option. Now you can change the traits.

# Random event 8: How do I make a guy flirt with me if I don't control him? #Random event 9:Am I acctually to go and talk badly about the other girl? Start a rumor or whatever action is available? This also goes for #Random event 12.
The random event descriptions are there just for flavor, you don't need to act them out (unless you want to, of course, and can find a way to do so).
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Wolfy99 : 31st Dec 2014 at 5:39 PM. Reason: Adding
Hi... just quick question. I'm doing this and I'm afraid I have run into a bit of a problem. You see, one of the other candidates... one of the other candidates kind of *died* of embarrassment. What ever am I to do?! For now I'll jut play with 4 other candidates.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfy99
Hi... just quick question. I'm doing this and I'm afraid I have run into a bit of a problem. You see, one of the other candidates... one of the other candidates kind of *died* of embarrassment. What ever am I to do?! For now I'll jut play with 4 other candidates.

Oh. That's not supposed to happen...
I'm not Aislynne and I don't know if you should take this suggestion, but you have these options:
1)restart the entire challenge(which is okay, unless you got really far in the challenge, then it kinda sucks)
2)replace the candidate(because she doesn't matter, it's about your main sim, right?)
3)keep playing like nothing happened(probably what I would do, 'cause I'm too lazy to do anything else)

I don't know if I helped(I really hope I did).

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 11:12 AM
Hi, thanks for the ideas, I don't really want to start again because I'm doing a blog on it so I suppose it's whether I can be bothered to make a sim or not LoL, I think for the time being I'm just going to do without the candidate until I can be bothered to make a new candidate.
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 12:12 PM
I agree with @TeckieSimmer, you can pick any one of those three choices. If continuing with one less candidate seems like the best option to you, go ahead! I don't think it will have any negative impact on your challenge. In fact, I think that if some of you want to play a completely ruthless princess candidate, you may even deliberately try to kill another candidate that way.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:34 PM
I have one question, which is probably silly... lol
I am on the day where the Queen has asked all the girls to practice charisma. I know we are not suppose to control the other sims, however, am I suppose to make them practice once and then let the cards fall where they may OR do I continuously make them practice speech throughout the day??

Thanks!
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 6:40 PM
LadyLestat, that's not a stupid question at all! The rules let you choose either way - make them practice it once or throughout the day. I myself made sure everyone practiced it for at least two hours, but after that, they were free to stop whenever they wanted to. Except my own candidate, that is. I made the poor girl work from dawn to dusk. :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 7:45 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!
I am loving this challenge so far. It is really well done and creative. If I ever get a mic for my computer I will do a Lets Play of it!
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:32 AM
so doing this <3
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:26 AM
I uploaded a house called "Princess Challenge" to the gallery and included a link to this page. If you get a chance, check it out - I'd love to know what you think! The username is PMSmom29. Fun challenge!
Page 1 of 5