Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaSTable Eiffel Tower (Icarus_Allsorts style) & CaSTable Arc de Triomphe

by AussomeDays Posted 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:43 PM - Updated 6th Dec 2015 at 6:11 AM by AussomeDays : updated code to fix elevator issue

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:19 PM
thamks you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 6:27 PM
This is very cool! thank you for sharing the results of your experience. And Icarus is awesome isn't he? Going to pop over now to thank him as well. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:42 PM
Default Updated Arc de Triomphe light map
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to note that the self-illumination _IMG file for the Arc de Triomphe has been redone and added to the packages. Sorry I jumped the gun and uploaded things before checking this more thoroughly. For some reason, I thought it was gonna be one of those difficult fixes that would fight me every step of the way. Turns out I just have addle brain syndrome.

For anyone who has already downloaded, just re-download and replace the old copy (delete the compositorCache.package for good measure). Here's what it looks like at night with the engravings:

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 5:27 PM
Wow! It looks so pretty at night Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:37 PM
I have the Paris custom world, willl these work there? If so do these go in the Overrides folder? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyra74
I have the Paris custom world, willl these work there? If so do these go in the Overrides folder? Thanks!

Hi!,

As far as I know, these should work in any world. If there's already a tower, you'll need to delete it and replace it with this one. This is technically a new object, even though it does use some resources from the original. I believe it's fine in the Packages folder, but if you think something may be conflicting, the Overrides folder would be the next logical place to put the package file(s).

Thanks,

Amanda
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 11:13 PM
When running this in Delphy's Dashboard, I get a notice about conflicts with icarus_allsorts' Eiffel Tower.
Is that something I should worry about, or can I ignore it?
I'm using icarus' default replacement, but from what I understand, yours is a new object, so there shouldn't be a problem.
But I've might have missed something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
When running this in Delphy's Dashboard, I get a notice about conflicts with icarus_allsorts' Eiffel Tower.
Is that something I should worry about, or can I ignore it?
I'm using icarus' default replacement, but from what I understand, yours is a new object, so there shouldn't be a problem.
But I've might have missed something.

To be honest, I haven't used both of them at the same time. As far as the object itself, it probably wouldn't break anything having it in the same world with the Icarus model, but there is going to be script code that conflicts between the two, so functionality could be wonky for one or both if the game gets confused when trying to decide which code it thinks is the correct one.

You can certainly try and see what happens, but I highly recommend making a save beforehand in case something doesn't go as expected, just in case!

Amanda
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 1:46 PM
Thanks for replying!

Okay, so to make sure I understand it all correctly, does your Eiffel Tower have the same functionability as Icarus?
I don't have to have both yours and icarus'?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
Thanks for replying!

Okay, so to make sure I understand it all correctly, does your Eiffel Tower have the same functionability as Icarus?
I don't have to have both yours and icarus'?

If I'm remembering correctly, I think they pretty much work the same way, so yes, you would only need one. The code for this version is basically Icarus' code, but this version is recolourable and also has different names for the various levels that you can choose to go to. I believe Icarus also changed the entry/exit points to the four feet as well, so that works the same.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 5:57 PM
Oh I see!
Thanks a lot for the feedback