Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:41 AM
Default Removing unwanted ages from Hair with the Hair Binner
I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly, so please bear with me!

Do I need to remove the toddler age from each of the recolour files? I haven't touched the mesh itself, but I have to update something like 60 different hairs (no idea why people put super long teased hair on toddlers <ugh>) and many of them have up to 40 recolours. Will I need to run each of the recolours through the hair binner? Or do I just need to do four?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 1:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Apr 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Which hair binner are you using? If it's Cat's binner, you simply untick the ages you want to remove (but keep them in a row, so don't delete the child hair but keep the rest, or you'll end up with a hair that disappears and doesn't show up again).

And yes, you'll have to remove the age from all the recolors. You don't need to do anything to the mesh (recolors are referenced to the mesh, so if there are unused resources in the mesh file, the game won't care).

If you use SimPE, you have a couple of extra options:
* Find the PropertySet for the toddler age (Age: 0x00000001, often named PU, PM or PF).
Option 1: Edit the "Age" and "Gender" categories for the toddler age to 0. This disables the toddler age, but at the same time makes it easy to reset, for instance if you change your mind and want that super long hair on toddlers at a later point.
All you have to do to fix it is to set the Age to 1 and Gender to 1 for Female or 2 for Male (3 for unisex is rarely used in hairs). Or redownload the original hairs.
Option 2: Delete the "PropertySet" for the toddler age. This option is difficult to reset.

These options don't remove the extra resources, but are equally effective as the hair binner. You'll still have to edit all the recolor files, though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which hair binner are you using? If it's Cat's binner, you simply untick the ages you want to remove (but keep them in a row, so don't delete the child hair but keep the rest, or you'll end up with a hair that disappears and doesn't show up again).

And yes, you'll have to remove the age from all the recolors. You don't need to do anything to the mesh (recolors are referenced to the mesh, so if there are usused resources in the mesh file, the game won't care).

If you use SimPE, you have a couple of extra options:
* Find the PropertySet for the toddler age (Age: 0x00000001, often named PU, PM or PF).
Option 1: Edit the "Age" and "Gender" categories for the toddler age to 0. This disables the toddler age, but at the same time makes it easy to reset, for instance if you change your mind and want that super long hair on toddlers at a later point.
All you have to do to fix it is to set the Age to 1 and Gender to 1 for Female or 2 for Male (3 for unisex is rarely used in hairs). Or redownload the original hairs.
Option 2: Delete the "PropertySet" for the toddler age. This option is difficult to reset.

These options don't remove the extra resources, but are equally effective as the hair binner. You'll still have to edit all the recolor files, though.

Thank you so much!! This perfectly answers my question. There's a ton of work to be done in that case, but I recently re-downloaded all the hairs in my folders so possibly it won't hurt as much as I think. Thank you again @Simmer22!