Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2019 at 10:45 AM
Default Placing custom Sims as townies
I was wondering if there's a way to do the thing I put in the title. I have some custom Sims, and I want to place them in the world, but not as part of my active household. I'm trying to give a shot as a project, you know, something like a love story, meeting the other in town and stuff.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th May 2019 at 11:27 AM
You just make your Sim family and put them in the town. Or you use MC command centre mod, click on a townie sim while using the cheat full cas, go into cas and change them.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2019 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
and put them in the town.

I don't think the OP knows how to do that. As I'm very new to the game myself, I haven't tried it; I do understand that it's possible, though not the process involved.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2019 at 12:05 PM
You might find this mod interesting if you're looking to replace NPCs as well: NPC Control.
It allows you to assign the NPC roles to the Sim you choose, rather than the game choosing for you.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
#5 Old 26th May 2019 at 12:58 PM
Sims that you've downloaded either from websites (and had their tray files into your Tray folder) or from the gallery, will show up in your Library
to open the Library your need to click on the Polaroids icon on the top right corner of the game
then you select the household that you want (if you can't see them check the box on the left that says "include custom content" ) and you can then place them where ever you want in the worlds.

to cheat so they don't have to buy the house you're placing them in you go:
ctrl+shift+C to open the cheats console
type testingcheats on (enter)
type freerealeatet on (enter)
(ctrl+shift+c to close the cheats console)

and all houses will be free to place them in.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th May 2019 at 9:37 AM
Manage Worlds (upper right corner) will take you to the 'hood' screen where you can place more houses/households (in the upper left corner is a button to switch worlds so you can place new houses/households anywhere in that save). You can also switch which household you are playing, if you want. Note - time & seasons keeps passing so if you leave Fred in one house at Friday 9am in Summer and switch to Ted, it will be Friday at 9am in Summer).
You can enter lots (occupied or not) to check them out, add stuff, totally remodel them or just plain bulldoze the house & place a new one (yes, even if sims live there - they have to pay for it though). You can also evict sims from houses and let them be homeless.

Manage Households (also upper right corner, when viewing the 'hood' screen) is a feature I just love (I just started playing ts4 last month). It lets you do a variety of things to manage the households in your saves. You can delete sims that you don't want or move them from one household to another or to their own household (the create a new household button is above the other window). If a sim is in a household with other sims and you want to delete that one sim, you can select the create a new household button and split that sim off to the new household, then delete that household afterwards. This is where you can set a household as unplayed and let them be townies.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 2:25 AM
I edited all the townies and made sims of people I know. I made or downloaded a whole bunch of families, and then used MCCC to pick homeless sims from the "tray". Not sure why MCCC calls my gallery a "tray", but it works.

Sims are better than us.