Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Weather atmosphere _Update

by chris997 Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 9:27 AM - Updated 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:11 PM by -Maylin-

576 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 541 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 24
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#551 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 3:32 PM
Ummm.... In my game.... It only shows a square in the sky..... Why it does'nt show all? I download it for a long time and it did'nt work.... But i reasearch about it.... But it still not working! Coul you help me?!?!?!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#552 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:59 PM
Chris I don't know if you still check the site, but I wanted to say thank you for creating and sharing this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#553 Old 30th May 2014 at 7:46 AM
I was having trouble with the effect showing up too, till I read one of the earliest posts which recommended keeping 'Fade Distance' and 'View Distance' at Extra Large. It's worked fine since. The clouds and the sky are just beautiful! Kinda grey most days, but I love those days. Still a thousand times more life-like than the plastic-blue we were used to, ha ha!

When you're playing, click the three-dots button, go to the gear-thingy and then look for Lot View Options. 'Fade Distance' and 'View Distance' are both in there. Set them both on Extra Large. Also, don't forget, the little blue weather bulb object has got to be placed OUTSIDE your house, not inside. Hide it under a shrub or something using a cheat. Sorry if I sound like an old Schoolmarm, but these are the sort of hand-holding instructions I need when I can't figure something out, so I tend to go a bit overboard giving instructions to other people, ha ha.

I haven't noticed it interfering with Seasons at all. I don't think this mod changes the look of the sky to reflect what weather the Sims are experiencing, but it really doesn't matter; it's still so much better, who cares!! 'Partly cloudy' can mean bright sunshine, or it can mean all sorts of horrible weather for Sims (and humans in real life!) so . . . .

I think this is a gorgeous addition to our game, Chris! Thankyou.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#554 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
Very creative;-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#555 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
Really looks fantastic, takes the game visuals up a notch.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#556 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:43 PM
Amazing! Sio much better than a flat blue sky. Thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#557 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
Thanks muchness !!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#558 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:25 AM
Does it work with Ultimate collection? I'm too scared it could ruin my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#559 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 8:15 PM
One of the best uploads on modthesims, thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#560 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:49 PM
Thank you! Very cool!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#561 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:16 AM
never noticed that before thank you !! I play the sims 3 most and I am glad to have similar effects in the sims 2 as well!
Theorist
#562 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psarole
Yes, thats exactly what I mean.

Edit: I got it to work
On the lot I went to the lot vieuw settings and put them to the highest vieuw

I just reinstalled the game in a W8.1 OS. I had the same problem which gets solved by doing this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#563 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:43 PM
What was the previous version's file name? Last time I used my game, some parts of the sky looked realistic like this and some looke normal, but I didn't install this mod. Now I have to do it to fix it, but I want to find the previous file's name version to delete it, because I don't like it, the sky looks too dark Somebody help please
Test Subject
#564 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:53 AM
Are there any other recolors of this besides the ones listed here? I've had other ones and I don't remember from where.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#565 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:52 AM
loooooove this thanks !!!! good job!!!!
Test Subject
#566 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:07 PM
I have a problem over here I have The Ultimate Collection and it just doesn't work in my game. I place it with moveobjects and then I click on the sky but nothing happens, it remains the same. Then I tried to go to neighborhood and to the options where you can select the landscape view (idk if it's spelled like this I have the german version) but I can't change the view size it stays on 'off' so i don't know what's wrong I really need help
Test Subject
#567 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frgth
I have a problem over here I have The Ultimate Collection and it just doesn't work in my game. I place it with moveobjects and then I click on the sky but nothing happens, it remains the same. Then I tried to go to neighborhood and to the options where you can select the landscape view (idk if it's spelled like this I have the german version) but I can't change the view size it stays on 'off' so i don't know what's wrong I really need help

Try deleting it and reinstalling it again. I have a copy of it on my desktop in case something happens. It should work. I have the Ultimate Collection, too. I'd like different recolors though. These are horrible and they cut off a lot of the view. There's one that gives your sky a nice look but it's not functional. http://poppet-sims.tumblr.com/post/37728860631
I love this one as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#568 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:14 AM
I have a problem the sky doesn't change, to red or more blue, is always with gray clouds, I did the light radiance thing too. :/ ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#569 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 1:11 PM
Thanks this looks good.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#570 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 5:15 PM
I'll always love yooou~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#571 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:23 PM
Where can I buy it i catalogs? I can't find it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#572 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 6:26 AM
Thanks!I should try this out with UC.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#573 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:49 AM
Thank you for this and your time spend creating and answer to questions.
Lab Assistant
#574 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:23 PM
For some reason this doesn't work for me, I use moveobjects to place it on the other side of the street, and then choose the month, but no weather ever appears.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#575 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:53 PM
Thank you!!!
Page 23 of 24