Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 4:40 PM
Default Testers wanted - New site feature - feeds!
Hi all,

I'd like to use this thread to introduce a new feature - feeds! You might have noticed that there is a new "Follow" button located next to usernames on the download pages, and on profiles. This allows you to add to a list of people you want to follow, much like Tumblr does.

Basically what I wanted to do was something similar to the "Favourite Creators" but in a more easy to easy version that also applies to thanks, posts, threads in addition to downloads. So you can follow people who are helpful on forums too.

To help participate:

1. You must first follow people using the buttons.
2. Next, go to http://www.modthesims.info/feed/

This will give you a list of activities that the people on your list have done. Additionally, if you report feedback here, I will enable access to a seperate "feed" tab located on the profile pages that enables you to see an individuals feed, much like you can see individual posts or threads, just rolled into one.

The aim here is to encourage thanking, downloading and posting based on a social manner, so you can also go thank the downloads that your followees thanked too!

Please let me know feedback, comments, etc in this thread.

Regards,
T

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:05 PM
Psst @simsample this one is for you.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM
This looks excellent so far, thank you. It was also very cool to see the threads that creators whose cc I like had thanked. This helps me find even more cc to download...

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:27 PM Last edited by simsample : 13th Nov 2018 at 10:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Psst @simsample this one is for you.

Cool, so my favourite creators are automatically followed, and now I can follow other simmers too!

Is there any way to find out who is following you (apart from checking someone's profile)?

ETA @Tashiketh
Am getting an error when I try to follow non-creators:

Looks like the URL has the user number missing; for example I'm seeing this link:
http://www.modthesims.info/favourit...o=addcreator&u=
when I hover over the 'follow' button for this user:
http://www.modthesims.info/m/9797582
But on creators it gives me the profile number, for example:
http://www.modthesims.info/favourit...eator&u=2168990
for Leefish.

ETA again: Yes, if I manually populate the URL by copy pasting the user's number into that incomplete URL, then I can follow a non-creator.
Screenshots
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:07 AM
I have been playing with this a bit more - is it possible to have a link to the post as well as the thread in the feed? Some threads are huge.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:38 AM
@simsample I could have sworn I fixed that before, but... it's now re-fixed. I still need to build the "Followers" page. (Although technically you can see it as part of the scorecard)

@leefish Good idea on the post link. That's now fixed.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:51 PM
Ah yes, working perfectly now.
Site Helper
#8 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:38 PM
So your list of activities from people you are following only has one page? If it has a page 2 or beyond, I can't see where to find it, nor how to get more entries onto that page. (But only that page.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:23 PM
@Ghost sdoj If you scroll to the bottom you should see this:

And then you should be able to scroll further.

If you can't, then check that you aren't blocking any scripts for that page.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#10 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:32 PM
As far as I can tell, I'm not blocking any scripts. But I'm not seeing the "loading new entries."

Of course, I also have several entries at the bottom of the list that are a day old, so that might also be a factor?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:31 AM
Are you following people who are posting? If you follow Tashiketh, can you see his posts from a few days ago?
Site Helper
#12 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 6:55 PM
Yes, I'm following several people who have posted quite a lot, including you, Inge, and Gargoyle Cat.

I just tried Chrome and got the "loading more entries" at the bottom (although it took a few minutes to load everything) so this looks like it's an issue with Microsoft Edge.

dodgy builder
#13 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:44 PM
Interesting feature. Since I watch both 3 and 4, is it possible with more description on the posts, so I don't have to go checking each time? If a post appears in 3, but I would only be interested if it appears in TS4 for instance.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I just tried Chrome and got the "loading more entries" at the bottom (although it took a few minutes to load everything) so this looks like it's an issue with Microsoft Edge.

Hmm, @Tashiketh might be interested to know that.

@Volvenom You can see which community forums the posts are in:

Not so clear for downloads, though...

Global Mods for Sims 2, 3 or 4??
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#15 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hmm, @Tashiketh might be interested to know that.

@Volvenom You can see which community forums the posts are in:

Not so clear for downloads, though...

Global Mods for Sims 2, 3 or 4??

Yes quite, but not always apparently
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I've add in more description to the entries, as well as which game it's for and the parent forum title. I also added in a "You've reached the end of the feed".

@Volvenom I'm guess you'd somehow like to filter by specific games, right?

Site Helper
#17 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:11 PM
@Tasiketh It's still not working like that in Microsoft Edge. But it does work in Chrome.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 8:01 PM
I'll take a look on a Windows 10 machine and see if I can get it to work. Thanks

dodgy builder
#19 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Thanks for the feedback! I've add in more description to the entries, as well as which game it's for and the parent forum title. I also added in a "You've reached the end of the feed".

I'm guess you'd somehow like to filter by specific games, right?

That would be lovely :lovestruc
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#20 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM
I second being able to filter by game. I play TS2 only; I have exactly zero interest in knowing which TS3/TS4 items people I follow might have liked or which game aspects they're discussing or whatever.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
@Tasiketh It's still not working like that in Microsoft Edge. But it does work in Chrome.

It should now be working correctly in Edge.

Site Helper
#22 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:21 PM
My internet was down for a while, so I just got back. Yes, it's working correctly now.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 11:33 AM
Hi all!

Sorry for the delay on this. I got sidetracked with other projects.

Anyway, I've added the ability to select specific games you want to see the feed for. This persists across both the larger feed, and the profile only one. You can access the settings by clicking the icon in the top left of the feed window. It defaults to showing all games.

Please go have a look and let me know any changes / improvements!

Regards
T