Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:23 PM
Default Being blocked from posting a thread in Sims 2 object creation
I'm getting this error when I tried to post in that section.

Quote:
omglo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 4:06 PM
No one can help me out with this?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 4:34 PM
Hi Omglo!

There are a few reasons why this could happen but I think it might just be a specific link you’d followed. Could you link that specific URL in this thread so we can take a look at it?

In the meantime i’ll also check what it could be. If i find anything I’ll let you know here!

Thanks!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 4:43 PM
Hi, the issue is that I can't start a new thread in Sims 2 object creation. I click the green button that says "post new thread" , and I get sent to the page saying I don't have permission to post there. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=114

I am able to post replies to other people's threads in that section, and I can start threads in other sections.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 9:55 PM
Hi Omglo!

You don't seem to have any restriction issues on your account. The only thing that it could be is that once you go to that page, that you might not be logged in. Could you check if once that page appears that says you don’t have the permission to see if in the top right you’re still logged in? If not, then its just a matter of reloading that exact page and the site should log you in again/recognise your account again
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, that's not it. I just tried it again, and got the same message. Then I logged out, logged back in, and nothing changed. I even just tried logging in from a different browser and that didn't help either.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 10:04 AM
Hi there,

So it appears that for Creators only, in that specific subform, there was a "Can Post Threads: No" flag set. I have no idea how that got there, but either way, it's fixed now, so you should be able to post threads.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for letting us know about this issue!

Regards,
T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Site Helper
#8 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 4:46 PM
(That "funny" is due to Creators being the only ones not allowed to post in a subforum about object creation.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 8:00 PM
Thanks for fixing it.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 4:09 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered