Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:59 PM
Default "Read X Books"; "Finish Reading X Books"
Do you need to keep track of which books your Sim reads when these Aspiration goals come up? My Sims--esp. the nerds--read autonomously all the time, but don't seem to get any credit for it. I've started directing them to read a certain book ("Crisis Barn", for example, or "First Unicorn" for the kids), making a note of which book I've chosen (yes, my name is Veil, and I'm an addict), and directing them to that book again under the "Read" menu.

Is this necessary? Is there an easier way to do it? My Nerd/Astronaut/Space Ranger now has to "Finish Reading 8 Books", and it seems that will require an awful lot of Nerd behavior from yours truly....

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:24 PM
For some stupid reason, sims won't finish the books I make them read unless I make them read the same book multiple times. They just set the book down about halfway through most of the time. I hate it! Did I tell you to stop reading? NO! Get on your butt and finish that book!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:43 PM
Yes they have to be new books. Rereading books will not count towards it. One way to find out which books you haven't read is to line the books out on the floor and click on them. If it says to read instead of re-read then your sim hasn't read that book yet. Or you can purchase totally random new books. My genius sim has a huge collection of poetry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:49 PM
OMG, @TamiraA that was so helpful I could kiss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Theorist
#5 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:00 PM
If you have a bookshelf, you can also click "Open" to show a grid of all the books and click on them that way to see which ones say "Read" or "Reread".

Mine never finish books either unless I've stacked a bunch of Read actions for the same book.
They've also never autonomously finished a book.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 5:23 PM
I've noticed the putting down of a book too. If you have the reward that speeds up reading they will drop it just before they finish, grrrr. I also noticed that a book that has been read partly before the goal came up, won't count. (Note: I am not talking about rereading a book).
I just open the bookcase , click the books to see if it says read or reread and move a bunch of unread books to their inventory.