Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:35 AM Last edited by MarcyRoars : 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:16 AM.
Default "Turn On > This Room" doesn't exist with lights?
I know the title probably doesn't make sense, but what I'm basically trying to say is that I noticed a lack of the "This Room" option when turning lights on or off. It's either that specific light, or all lights on the lot.
This kinda bothers me. It's not a huge deal, but the closer I look the more it seems like the minor things are lacking. Same goes for congratulating a family member if they got a promotion, etc.

That aside, the whole light thing seems kind of annoying to me. I like to manually manage all the lighting in the house. Has anyone else been bothered by this?

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:45 AM
Me! And also the warm lighting options are way too yellow for my taste.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
I noticed this too - it is a little annoying and I hope someone adds the "this room" option for turning on/off lights via a mod. I prefer to manually turn off the lights in each room in my Sim's house according to what the room's occupants are doing. Right now I'm using the auto lights feature and then I just manually turn on or off lights individually.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 5:22 AM
I noticed this too. This could be patched in I expect. Rooms are now more specific rooms then ever before, with the way you can move them around, resize them and save them as blueprint. So I assume that the code to determine lights per room is already there too.
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:29 AM
I miss the Sims2 system of autolights: since I always liked all lights on, so I could see the whole lot easily, a room only became dark if it contained a sleeping sim, and no waking sims. Otherwise the room stayed light. In Sims4, 'autolight' means the room is dark all the time unless a waking sim is in it. This gives me a lot with dark patches for bedrooms. Okay, I'm picky; but I do like to see the whole lot. After all, I'm the player here!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I miss the Sims2 system of autolights: since I always liked all lights on, so I could see the whole lot easily, a room only became dark if it contained a sleeping sim, and no waking sims. Otherwise the room stayed light. In Sims4, 'autolight' means the room is dark all the time unless a waking sim is in it. This gives me a lot with dark patches for bedrooms. Okay, I'm picky; but I do like to see the whole lot. After all, I'm the player here!

I agree. What I liked about The Sims 2's lighting system was how lights remained on until all the Sims in the room were sleeping. Or if the entire household was sleeping, the entire house.
At least that's how I remember it. Sims 3's lighting system was also very nice!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:58 PM
It's too bad that they didn't include "for this room only" feature like they had in the Sims 3. It seems half done.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥