Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2014 at 11:07 AM Last edited by shmovese : 24th May 2014 at 5:57 PM. Reason: [solved]

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default [solved] Easy way to identify if a CC is a default replacement (with s3pe)
I am curious if there is an easy way to identify if a content is a default replacement without the need to install and fire the game (e.p. if the filename doesnt provide "ND", no creators name and one is uncertain where it was downloaded / or the creator retired and shut down the blog and the description isnt available anymore...). so does anyone know if its a feature of any existing tool? thank you in advance

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th May 2014 at 1:55 PM
Open the file in S3PE. If it doesn't contain a CASP resource for CAS content, or an OBJD resource for objects, it's a default replacement. If it does contain those resources, it could still be a default replacement, but it probably isn't, and if it is then it's probably a badly made one .

The exception is recategorisers, which are default replacements which have to contain an OBJD/CASP.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2014 at 2:06 PM Last edited by mikey : 24th May 2014 at 2:17 PM.
To the best of my knowledge, no such tool exists, so the simple answer to your question is No. Is it possible to check if some CC is an override without starting the game, Yes. By using S3PE and searching fullbuilds or deltabuilds for the TGI of the CC in question (TGI = Type, Group, Instance)

Here (MTS) we require resources to be listed, as well as limiting overrides to only the actual resource(s) needed for the override, ie - CASP, OBJ, XML, ITUN, etc. Though many sites do not require this and the CC could be an entire clone rather than just the needed resource, making it difficult to determine if it's a "new" CC or an override. The best way is to read the creators description, provided that you can find the creator, or that the creator actually took the time to list that info.

Depending on how much information you have to work with, it might be easier to load the game to find out if it's an override as opposed to searching for the resources in the Fullbuilds/Deltabuilds.

Edit: sniped again by nysha, sigh
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2014 at 5:53 PM
okay thank you both! as i said sometimes the creators description is (POOOOF) away and to be true i really hoped there is a possible "hint" in s3pe. it is really hard for downloaders like me when used to this side and its rules for uploading creations (in terms of informations that need to be given) to get cc anywhere else. reliable creators of course always give these basic informations but as i said sometimes its been a while and creators retire/ blogs get deleted...

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>