Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 12:34 AM
Default Roommates Issues
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue before, I searched and came up with nothing.

I sent my Sim to University and put her in a co-ed dorm room. Things are going well since I added a buffet table and hired a maid. But for some reason, the roomies are NOT showering. Is there anything I can do about it or does my poor Sim have to live with stinky roommates?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:29 AM
Oh gosh that reminds me of Sims 2 so much! (I wonder if it is intentional?)

I always University in the home world so I'm not sure...

If it is not make sure they can all properly route to said showers? I'm not sure what else to tell you sadly. Dunno if your sim can like encourage them to do it personally.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:33 AM
I would say things are working as intended there. I mean, have you actually ever been to Uni and lived in or visited a dorm?

Okay, but seriously inactive sims' autonomy in Uni World is pretty much fried, they just don't react to their own needs as well as in other worlds. One strategy I've seen described, and tried it myself a few times, is to periodically use NRaas MasterController to Max the Motives of all inactive sims in Uni World every morning at 6am or something. While making the other sims more pleasant to be around, oddly enough I never saw any changes in the end as to how many did well in classes and graduated. Go figure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:49 AM
I made absolute sure all the Sims could get into the showers, so I don't think that's the issue. I think they're just stinky Sims, lol.

Lol, oh yeah. I've spent my fair share of time in dorms at Uni. It's a mess and a half.

I tend to use the testingcheatsenabled. I did the "make everyone happy" on the mailbox and things were fine for a little bit. Then they all stunk again.

I'm pretty sure none of them graduated because my Sim left Uni, then went back and all the same ones were still there.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:39 AM
When inactive sims in Uni finish a degree, they move onto another one. Many of them are accumulating credits in multiple majors at the same time. They don't usually leave just because they have graduated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 5:18 PM
That's interesting. Much easier than how my Sim has it, lol.