Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 5:43 PM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 7th Feb 2017 at 5:54 PM.
Help! Sims 3 Create a World error upon saving...
Hey, I am on this forum looking for help mainly a solution to fix this problem. So what I am having an issue with is CAW, I have tried finding my answers in other people's forums, but sadly no luck finding a forum that is about the exact problem I am having so I made my own forum, any help is accepted, though I would like anyone who tries to help NOT to add any links, because I am cautious and don't trust links that people that I don't know send, so only rule for this forum is please no links and I don't want people saying they are having the same issue or smack talking, please only post stuff that can be helpful, after all I am looking for a solution to the problem, not sympathy. Anyways...

This is my problem:
I love to create worlds on CAW, but sadly I am never able to try my worlds in game because of this problem, sometimes when I go back to my existing worlds to edit them in CAW I get a message upon trying to load the world, the message looks something like this, Error loading world or World files are corrupted, can not load, this is vary annoying and upsetting, since a lot of worlds I have tried to make took a lot of time and effort to complete. I do not place any spawners, trees, or custom content when I make worlds in the CAW dashboard, the only things I add are roads, terrain paint, lots, and of of course I use the terrain sculpting tools, everything else I can do in game and that is what I normally plan to do build on the lots and all that in game.

Now for more details to try and give people as accurate of a explanation as possible to make it easier for them to try and give me a solution to this problem:

for one my computer works fine with high demanding software such as sims 3, CAW, and any other 3D demanding software, so I don't believe my computer is the problem. Secondly when I do successfully complete a world, I of course go to the game to play it and yes it does load... the first time, sometimes what happens is it will NOT load when I go back to the save file after getting off and returning to the game another time. Thirdly I have made custom content before and added it to my game with no problem and I am well aware of how you save worlds and then put them in your game, I made sure when I got into this that I read the Sims 3 website's full tutorial on how to do everything in Sims 3 CAW.

I am looking for a solution to fix this because it is upsetting when my world files get randomly corrupted and I can not use them or edit them. Please help.

Once again please I do NOT want anyone posting on this forum that they are having the same problem, ONLY information and solutions on how to fix it so that maybe I can get help and be able to use my CAW software with out all this chaos, and hopefully if people follow the rule on, ONLY posting helpful information and solutions, NOTHING about them having the same problems, other people will be able to quickly and easily get a solution and this problem will then no longer be a big issue. Thanks for your time!

I would also like to add I was having these problems BEFORE I even got into modding and the problem is mostly in the CAW not Sims 3 In-game.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 6:44 PM
If you use a period when naming your world you will not be able to reload a saved game the second time you try to open it. So make sure you are not naming your worlds something like 'world 1.0'. The period is a full stop in computer lingo.

The only other suggestion that I have is that if you have a lot of Store content or CC installed to make sure you remove that - only install the minimum that you need for your world.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
If you use a period when naming your world you will not be able to reload a saved game the second time you try to open it. So make sure you are not naming your worlds something like 'world 1.0'. The period is a full stop in computer lingo.

The only other suggestion that I have is that if you have a lot of Store content or CC installed to make sure you remove that - only install the minimum that you need for your world.

I never use any type of punctuation when naming my worlds, normally the names of my worlds only consists of maybe up to two words, I also don't use any custom content until I am sure that I am happy with the results of the world I created either as I stated in my post. Thanks so much for the info I will keep that in mind in the future although I don't really do that ever, but thanks for trying to help!

also if that is your cat that is in your profile picture, it is adorable :3 XD