Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM Last edited by AalyahReed : 5th Mar 2018 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Not Recognizing Engaged Sim Couple Is Broken Up
Hi

UPDATE: I downloaded a mod that allowed me to force a break up between Cassandra and Don, after all the drama. So this can be considered solved!

I'm having trouble breaking an engaged Sim couple up, and all the suggestions I have found online are not working. So I'm turning to the forum for help.

I'm trying to break up Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario. I followed the suggestion to have her catch him with another Sim, in this case, Nina Caliente. Both Don and Cassandra got little icons above their heads that looked like a sword through two wedding rings. As there was no other available option to break them up, I assumed the icons meant their engagement had ended. Just to be sure, I checked to see if Don had the option to propose to Nina Caliente, and he did. That, and the fact that Cassandra was no longer listed in his relationship panel as his fiancé made me certain they were no longer engaged. I checked Cassandra's relationship panel, and it confirmed it. However, both Don and Cassandra were still wearing their wedding rings. I read online that this is a glitch that can sometime happen with breakups or deaths, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Now, when I tried to get Cassandra engaged to her boyfriend Tristram, there is no proposal option; just the option to move in, even though their relationship is at 100. So I had her move in. But Tristram has not been given the option to propose to her by the game. And now, it says she's engaged to Don Lothario in her relationship panel again! I tried having Cassandra kiss Tristram in front of Don, but Don had no reaction to it. He wasn't jealous. Then I tried having Cassandra argue with Don to get the relationship down low enough to where I would get the option to break up, but the option never appeared, and Don went home.

What do I do? Is there a way to make the game recognize that they are broken up? It seems that on Don's end, he is no longer engaged, but on Cassandra's end, she is? I would appreciate any advice you might be able to give, because I have trouble-shooted this for awhile now and I just can't figure it out. And I believe dear Cassie deserves to end up with somebody who treats her right, instead of Don Lothario!

Thank you!

~AalyahReed~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AalyahReed
Hi

UPDATE: I downloaded a mod that allowed me to force a break up between Cassandra and Don, after all the drama. So this can be considered solved!

I'm having trouble breaking an engaged Sim couple up, and all the suggestions I have found online are not working. So I'm turning to the forum for help.

I'm trying to break up Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario. I followed the suggestion to have her catch him with another Sim, in this case, Nina Caliente. Both Don and Cassandra got little icons above their heads that looked like a sword through two wedding rings. As there was no other available option to break them up, I assumed the icons meant their engagement had ended. Just to be sure, I checked to see if Don had the option to propose to Nina Caliente, and he did. That, and the fact that Cassandra was no longer listed in his relationship panel as his fiancé made me certain they were no longer engaged. I checked Cassandra's relationship panel, and it confirmed it. However, both Don and Cassandra were still wearing their wedding rings. I read online that this is a glitch that can sometime happen with breakups or deaths, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Now, when I tried to get Cassandra engaged to her boyfriend Tristram, there is no proposal option; just the option to move in, even though their relationship is at 100. So I had her move in. But Tristram has not been given the option to propose to her by the game. And now, it says she's engaged to Don Lothario in her relationship panel again! I tried having Cassandra kiss Tristram in front of Don, but Don had no reaction to it. He wasn't jealous. Then I tried having Cassandra argue with Don to get the relationship down low enough to where I would get the option to break up, but the option never appeared, and Don went home.

What do I do? Is there a way to make the game recognize that they are broken up? It seems that on Don's end, he is no longer engaged, but on Cassandra's end, she is? I would appreciate any advice you might be able to give, because I have trouble-shooted this for awhile now and I just can't figure it out. And I believe dear Cassie deserves to end up with somebody who treats her right, instead of Don Lothario!

Thank you!

When you had Casandra catch Don with another sim, what you got was a memory of catching Don Cheating, that is not the same as breaking off the engagement. At that point I think it was necessary to have Casandra actually break up with Don in some active way through a social.

Me I just use The Sim Blender and remove the Enagement from the Sims, much easier. Espicially since I play with a No Jealousy Mod.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.