Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Plague Info Inquiry
Posting here because I don't know where else to really ask and it's a relatively simple question... because after extensive googling I can't find an actual clear explanation of each of the acronyms when I ask the batbox for plague info (I've caved and attempted to install the neighbourhood decimating non-broken version of Realistic Sickness again and am trying to keep an eye on my sim's plague info to decide whether this mod is for me in the long-term). I do have a basic understanding of how plague processes as I have done the reading on plague info before trying to decipher it, but I'm really bad at acronyms. Which values are labelled as what on the batboxes' plague info? Which values are most important to my purpose. (I can see which one is actively going up and down before the disease updates every six hours, but I can't figure out which value they effect when it updates in particular.) Thanks for any help you can give.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This might help:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5200.0.html

Thank you, but I have read that multiple times. Maybe I'm just really dumb this week but even after reading that I can't puzzle out what values the acronyms correspond to giving, does that make sense? Like...

SH: No idea, but I have figured out it's a set value I think?
LD: Lethal dose??? Am I right?
CS: ???
CT: ??????????????
RP: I'm assuming recovery points or something like that? Like, this is what goes up or down based on activity, comfort, ect? And then it affects some other value every six hours, and it appears it's going into the CS value I think, so am I trying to theoretically get this to 0 to cure my sims? But what are the rest of the things.
PHC: ???????? Noticed this going up and back to zero at the six hour calculation mark a few times I think?
UNK: ?????
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:32 AM
CT refers to whether it's contagious or not - morning sickness and food poisoning cannot be "caught" by other sims, hence that value for those two is -1. Positive values mean that other sims can catch the illness from the sick sim, the higher the value the more contagious it is.
You're right about LD - if the severity hits that marker, the sim will die. Technically, the LD of a cold means that if the severity hits that, the sim will contract pneumonia, however even without the Real Sickness mod installed I did have a sim die from one. As far as I remember, the only things I had in were the batbox and Cyjon's Faster Disease Processing. I need to run more tests on that one with a fully vanilla game and see what happens!
CS = current severity - this changes upon each cycle and if you're monitoring it, that's how you can tell whether a sim is getting better or worse.
I think (don't quote me on this, I'd need to check) that SH refers to the type of sickness, eg cold, flu, morning sickness etc.
RP is recovery points. You see it increase when a sim is sleeping/sitting (more noticeable when sleeping), and decrease when they're more active.

Having not looked at those for a long time, I can't be any more help on decoding.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
CT refers to whether it's contagious or not - morning sickness and food poisoning cannot be "caught" by other sims, hence that value for those two is -1. Positive values mean that other sims can catch the illness from the sick sim, the higher the value the more contagious it is.
You're right about LD - if the severity hits that marker, the sim will die. Technically, the LD of a cold means that if the severity hits that, the sim will contract pneumonia, however even without the Real Sickness mod installed I did have a sim die from one. As far as I remember, the only things I had in were the batbox and Cyjon's Faster Disease Processing. I need to run more tests on that one with a fully vanilla game and see what happens!
CS = current severity - this changes upon each cycle and if you're monitoring it, that's how you can tell whether a sim is getting better or worse.
I think (don't quote me on this, I'd need to check) that SH refers to the type of sickness, eg cold, flu, morning sickness etc.
RP is recovery points. You see it increase when a sim is sleeping/sitting (more noticeable when sleeping), and decrease when they're more active.

Having not looked at those for a long time, I can't be any more help on decoding.

Thanks, that's a lot of help.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:24 AM
Elsewhere at MATY, somebody asked Pescado about what the abbreviations mean in the batbox readout:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg162424
Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
SH: Symptom Hash
LD: Lethal Dose
CS: Current Severity (if CS >= LD, you = dead)
CT: Contagiousness
RP: Recovery Points (positive means your sim is recovering, negative means it will get worse)
RHC: Recovery Hour Count (recovery points are subtracted from severity when this count hits 6 or so)
UNK: Your guess is as good as mine.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:31 PM
Isn't UNK what comes up when something is unlinked?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Elsewhere at MATY, somebody asked Pescado about what the abbreviations mean in the batbox readout:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg162424

Thank you. I dug around on MATY and couldn't find that.
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Isn't UNK what comes up when something is unlinked?

UNK is showing the eighth property from the token which should be the disease id (UNK usually means unknown)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Thank you. I dug around on MATY and couldn't find that.

It's buried deep in the support thread for the Lot Debugger - not easy to find.