Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 8:17 PM
False Info
Lies and Propaganda eh...
Ea will not make EP's for TS3 making it cost consumers 100's of dollars
until TS4 is released.
EA will not capitalize on user made content by just recoloring it and selling it as
as EP, (see Kitchens and baths)...
TS2 will be released as a single boxed set to clear up space on your computer table...
Playing Video games all day and drinking coffee will be the top career in TS3...
TS3 will run on a pentium 300 512 of ram and a 5600 on full settings...
Taking a drive in your car will cost you 30000 simolians due to the high price of gas in the new true to life economic system...
You can fire your boss..
You can pay into a weekly lottery that you will never win...
You can win the lottery and have 99% of it taken away for tax purposes...
Snow storms will net you the day off work/school...
Everything you do/eat will cause cancer..
You can play video games in TS3...
You will now be able to mortgage your house when the market crashes...
There will be 259000 channels of crap to choose from on TV...
Paris Hilton will not be famous...
You will be able to merge downloads into one big file rather than having
2500 smaller files...

Am I a smart A$$ or what.. For all intended purposes I'm just joking around
I for one am looking forward to TS3 and am going to miss TS2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:33 PM
Dude, this sounds like real life.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:34 PM
How do you thank a post?

Nice one!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:45 PM
well it's suppose to be a "sim" on real life; Isn't it?
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:15 PM
"Taking a drive in your car will cost you 30000 simolians due to the high price of gas in the new true to life economic system..."

I wouldn't be surprised though if you're thread gets moved to Wild Speculation since this is not real info.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:12 PM
Why do we have 2 different forums now? So confused...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:16 PM
For tidyness.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:42 PM
:laugh: Haha, if only.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:20 AM
Why is the section of this forum called Lies & Propaganda anyway? Most of the info seem to be true, correct?
#10 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:21 AM
Yeah, it's sorta offensive if they're serious because I spent several hours collecting only confirmed Info for my threads.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:33 AM
I think I spent a good hour or so creating my photos thread here. But I was just curious because I don't see how any of those magazines would be lies. If anything, it was even mentioned that some things were pending on if they were going to make it in the final release or not, like the clothes shop currently being a rabbit hole.
#12 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:34 AM
Its a thing pretty much from MATY (More Awesome Than You) but mostly, the guy who runs it.. =3 Don't take it seriously. <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:00 AM
I'm sorry I started this...
lol
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:08 AM
No, don't be sorry, I just wondered, that's all. I'm not complaining at all. I was only confused.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Yeah, it's sorta offensive if they're serious because I spent several hours collecting only confirmed Info for my threads.

Yeah how is that "lies and propaganda"? Ah well...
#16 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:29 PM
Lol. It's "lies and propaganda" because all of EA's ads have shown things we won't get or make it seem like we can do things we won't be able to do. Therefore, a lie. And the propaganda part is because of course they're using that material to get us excited about the game so we'll buy it. Like Nekochanpurr said, I think the phrase originated at the MATY site. It's a good caution though. Take a look back through all the adds for the Sims 2 and expansion and compare to what we actually can do in the game.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:24 PM
I agree and it now makes sense as to why the title.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:06 AM
It was meant as a joke/joking around. Please submit and keep this sense of humor going.
I didn't mean to mislead only to give a sense of camaraderie and fun.

Apperently TS3 has a new mod out, tax evasion...
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:51 PM
Haha that's a good list of information Buzz. I'm looking much forward to the Sims 3 now I know this... Shame there's no global warming issues in the game though. Maybe an expansion pack...
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 11:01 PM
*Sims can have trait of social consciousness, or normal, in which they can be enviromentally sound, or total wackjobs.
*Sims in the politics career track get 2 new social interactions- ass kiss and lie.
*Lazy sims are groggy in the mornings and crash into furniture til they have coffee.
*Unlockable animation of Starbucks and 7-11 waging war over who has the best coffee.
*Neuterable pets
*Teens can get braces which make whatever the equivalent of social need is decay faster.

:p

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:55 AM
Sim children will now be able to drive their parents' cars if the parents are disabled. One of the ways to cause your parents to be disabled is for the children to beat their legs with bricks so that they can now enjoy their new cars at a younger age. Why wait until teen hood when you can expedite the process?
Theorist
#22 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Haha that's a good list of information Buzz. I'm looking much forward to the Sims 3 now I know this... Shame there's no global warming issues in the game though. Maybe an expansion pack...

Actually, my uncle's cousin's sister's friend who works at EA told me that there is indeed a global warming issues expansion in the works already. If your sims fail at being environmentally friendly within a sim week of playing with the EP installed something a lot like the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" will happen and your sims will have to live in a post-apocalyptic world...if any of them survive that is. Sounds great on paper but lousy in action if you ask me...

Also, my uncle's cousin's sister's friend who works at EA told me that they got inspired by MATY to include a Soviet Russia option in the base game. Weird things will happen, school will go to the sims, businesses will run the sims, sims will watch big brother (the 1984 big brother) etc....

This is a fun thread. I'm happy now. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:35 AM
OMG! I have an uncle whose cousin's siter's freind works at EA! Are you MY cousin? or brother? Or not? :p

Anyway, said uncle's cousin's sister's freind told ME that Sims get a brand new set of skills. Cleaning was new in ts2, and in ts3 there's the singing skill and the belching skill! Also in CAS theres a slider for body hair!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Theorist
#24 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:43 AM
Maybe I AM your cousin! XD!

I can't believe I forgot about the belching feature! That's one of the biggest new features! It can even be a mode of transportation, you know, like how Wario farts to fly around. If your sims have at least 9 belching skill points they can burp so hard they go flying backwards. Don't worry, sims are invincible while doing this. Why Mr. Humble hasn't mentioned it yet is beyond me.

You know that picture of those houses and the caption says "Burn it. Burn it all."? Well, you can actually drop nuclear missles on your neighborhood. I hope that clears some stuff up.

And I could have had a V8 too! That's right, sims can drink V8 in TS3, it's a huge marketing campaign that I only knew about. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 6:49 AM
I dated your uncle's cousin's sister's friend who works at EA and she said...
cats will be able to bury children in the sand box beside their poo...
you will have a choice of 30 or 50 caliber machine guns to deal with neighbors that you don't get along with ( I play Armed Assault), and the only item that you can upgrade in the game is your computer...
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2