Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#7576 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:12 AM
Reset everything. The stand, the lot, and the entire town... no change.
I started a new game and I had the same problem. Bought a plumbot, raided it for chips, but I couldn't sell it.
However, it just now worked after having bought a second plumbot.
I'd pull my hair out, but I have none left. I have too many mods.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7577 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That would require modding the career, and such changes would then apply for all sims in that career.

For EA careers, I believe that a standalone mod/override file for each one would be needed. For custom careers, those can be edited by accessing the XML resource that dictates days and time of work for each job level by using S3PE. There's really more to it than it looks because each job level has different days/work times for regular worlds vs. urban worlds (like Bridgeport) and some of the careers branch off after a certain level.

Again for EA careers, I don't really like the shorter shifts in urban worlds but most of them feel pretty balanced to me otherwise. The Level 10 Military one is a counter-example, it's way off balance with one 18 hour shift per week but I think that one is kind of funny as it's supposed to be emulating something like space travel.

Maybe you would prefer some custom careers with more brutal schedules associated with them?

Ah, that does sound a bit too complicated to begin fiddling with. Maybe if I'm bored some day, I'll look into it (not that I know the first thing about modding).
Maybe I should look into some custom carreers, that's a good suggestion

I had no idea that there was a difference in days/work times in different worlds, though, that's interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!
Mad Poster
#7578 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:51 PM
I have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons, Supernatural, Island Paradise and Into the Future. The reason why I'm listing my EPs is I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Supernatural EP vampire. He doesn't have the ability to buy plasma fruit (as far as I've seen), and I rather not have him drink from Sims if it can be avoided. The only way I've been able to see to get plasma is "raid (grocery store name)" but that only gives him a small number of "plasma orange juice" containers. Last night he got arrested for raiding the store and lost job performance for being in jail instead of at work. He will be fired for poor performance if he misses work again. How can I get plasma without raiding the store and without drinking from Sims?
Mad Poster
#7579 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:23 PM
Does anyone have a good NRaas preset I can import into Overwatch?
Mad Poster
#7580 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
You can grow plasma fruit. If you don't want to wait too long, use the buydebug cheat and grab it from there. All you need besides the plant is the planter that came with Supernatural to put the plant in.

I thought plasma fruit could be bought at the store as well. Maybe I'm wrong? Can somebody chime in on this.

I can't find plasma fruit under Buydebug. I can't buy it from the store either.
Mad Poster
#7581 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons, Supernatural, Island Paradise and Into the Future. The reason why I'm listing my EPs is I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Supernatural EP vampire. He doesn't have the ability to buy plasma fruit (as far as I've seen), and I rather not have him drink from Sims if it can be avoided. The only way I've been able to see to get plasma is "raid (grocery store name)" but that only gives him a small number of "plasma orange juice" containers. Last night he got arrested for raiding the store and lost job performance for being in jail instead of at work. He will be fired for poor performance if he misses work again. How can I get plasma without raiding the store and without drinking from Sims?

I'm pretty sure you need LateNite in order to work with plasma fruit as a grocery ingredient and a harvestable properly. With both EPs in play, there is no such thing as a SN vampire vs. a LN one, the features are blended together.
Mad Poster
#7582 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Does anyone have a good NRaas preset I can import into Overwatch?

What would define a "good" collection of exported settings vs. a not so good one? I mean, I have several but I can't believe many players would be interested in the ones that make my worlds and mod menus behave exactly the way in which they do, it's all down to personal preferences and play styles. And, of course, not everyone has the exact same set of NRaas mods in play.
Mad Poster
#7583 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:45 PM
Igazor, thanks for the information. That is what I was afraid of. I just have Supernatural, and apparently can't do more than raid the store since I don't have Late Night.
Mad Poster
#7584 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:42 PM
What would define a "good" collection of exported settings vs. a not so good one? I mean, I have several but I can't believe many players would be interested in the ones that make my worlds and mod menus behave exactly the way in which they do, it's all down to personal preferences and play styles. And, of course, not everyone has the exact same set of NRaas mods in play.

I was interested in a set of "ideal" settings that make StoryProgression a bit more interesting, the game a bit more efficient in dealing with the game engine's problems and the interface a bit more streamlined (i.e. hiding CAS duplicates, putting all CAS items at the bottom).

The thing about NRAAS is that there's so many options to customize your game, but often times a new player (or someone who doesn't spend a lot of time in play mode like me) doesn't know settings that work best.
Mad Poster
#7585 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I was interested in a set of "ideal" settings that make StoryProgression a bit more interesting, the game a bit more efficient in dealing with the game engine's problems and the interface a bit more streamlined (i.e. hiding CAS duplicates, putting all CAS items at the bottom).

The thing about NRAAS is that there's so many options to customize your game, but often times a new player (or someone who doesn't spend a lot of time in play mode like me) doesn't know settings that work best.

But if I shared my exported mod settings with you, your sims would have graduated property and income taxes to deal with, they would have summer vacations from school that are essentially five day weekends, your males would be able to impregnate each other, there would be no Spooky Day, and you would find what might be overwhelming numbers of MC commands "hotkeyed" to the NRaas menu by way of MC. Depending again on how many mods and add-on modules we each have activated, in other words you might end up hating me (or just not understanding how/why I play the way that I do) after seeing all of that.

It's certainly time consuming to learn about each mod and what its options do, but there is need to go through that every time all over again for each game/world being played. If you can get a set or subset of the mods' settings just the way you want them or, maybe more realistically, closer to it each time, you could then export your own settings and import them into other games/connected worlds being played sort of in stages.
Lab Assistant
#7586 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:31 AM
How can I edit another sims' home without switching active household?
Top Secret Researcher
#7587 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel

Edit town.
Select house.
Evict family to clipboard.
Buy/Build on house.
Move family back to house.
exit Edit Town.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7588 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel

Another, more direct way.

Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console.
Type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotes and hit enter)
Shift-click on the ground outside of the inactive residential lot and select Buy (or Build) on This Lot.

The difference, besides convenience and the sims on the inactive lot potentially standing in your way when you try to place or move stuff around, is that the testingcheats way your active household will be billed/credited for any purchases made or items sold and your active household must have sufficient funds to make the item purchases. This doesn't apply to the Edit Town method. I usually use MasterController to transfer money between the two households when finished, if this is important to me at the time.
Site Helper
#7589 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:23 AM
Igazor, thanks for the information. That is what I was afraid of. I just have Supernatural, and apparently can't do more than raid the store since I don't have Late Night.

You should also be able to raid the hospital for plasma fruit, although it takes a gardening level of 7 to be able to plant them and they don't always grow. My vampires were doing that before I got Late Night. (Get Error Trap before planting them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7590 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:56 AM
Have you tried “buying” plasma orange juice from the refrigerator? My vampire sims are constantly hitting the fridge for that stuff, and it got there somehow. I didn’t buy it for them. I have them grow or buy plasma fruit and then cook with it. It was not a good choice for EA to omit plasma fruit from Supernatural.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#7591 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:21 AM
It didn't work to "buy" plasma orange juice from the fridge. I basically had to buy Late Night today to be able to buy plasma fruit from the store and grow it. I couldn't with just Supernatural.
Mad Poster
#7592 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:29 AM Last edited by igazor : 4th Jun 2018 at 3:25 PM.
I basically had to buy Late Night today to be able to buy plasma fruit from the store and grow it. I couldn't with just Supernatural.

Well, you could look at it this way maybe. At least now your vampires can play the drums, cello, and/or piano after having their fill of plasma fruit.
Mad Poster
#7593 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
What EP / SP are allergy shots associated with? For some reason I keep thinking it was with Seasons, but when I click on the hospital, I'm not given the option.

I could cheat and remove the buff, but I'd rather not and I'm tired of watching sims sneeze all over themselves and each other.

It's Seasons, but I believe the allergy shots are only available in the spring. You could also try the Simmunity LTR, if that one is within reach.
Top Secret Researcher
#7594 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 6:37 PM
You can get allergy shots in the fall, as well, I think? But simmunity is one of the first perks I grab.
Test Subject
#7595 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:20 PM
Can sims go to community lots carrying babies? My sims will get into a taxi if the baby-holder is directed to go somewhere, but they won't get into the family car. The baby will have "meet up" and "be put into crib" queued, while the holder stands in front of the crib forever with only "meet up" in queue.
Field Researcher
#7596 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 1:56 AM
Is there a way to keep furniture in a house even after evicting the family?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#7597 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
Is there a way to keep furniture in a house even after evicting the family?

This question is making me wonder what I've been doing differently if it's a common concern. The only time furniture doesn't stay put when I move sims out is when I specifically select "pack up and take the furniture" (or whatever it says there) on the Moving screen. It's possible that NRaas Mover is providing that option, but I thought it was EA standard.

Evicting is really all that different? Are we talking about evicting from the Edit Town map screen or in-game through some user-directed commands?
Inventor
#7598 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:23 PM
When is a sim/family "rich" according to the game? Rich is supposed to be 100k and above, but is it 100k as in house worth + funds or is it just the funds?
Mad Poster
#7599 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:00 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
When is a sim/family "rich" according to the game? Rich is supposed to be 100k and above, but is it 100k as in house worth + funds or is it just the funds?

It should be Net Worth, which I believe is the value of residential lot and its furnishings, other real estate, and cash (Edit: corrected by Don below). Several of my sims per town have this designation, almost none of them have quite that much cash at any given time.

For those using NRaas StoryProgression and its SP Money module, the 100k threshold can be changed under General Options and I think debt if the household owes money to the "bank" should be accounted for. If cash only were being used towards the threshold, then we could have a sim borrow a few hundred thousand and be designated as Rich even though they owe it all back, plus interest (loan origination fees).
Mad Poster
#7600 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:06 PM
It should be Net Worth, which I believe is the value of residential lot and its furnishings, other real estate, and cash. Several of my sims per town have this designation, almost none of them have quite that much cash at any given time.

Hey- being "house poor" is a real thing!
Page 304 of 385