Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#7551 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:39 AM
ebc files are Store content. You probably want to keep them.
dbc files need to be read in order, although this isn't a problem if you rename files. You can take them all out, put the first one in, (Clear caches, just in case) check the "installed" tab in the launcher to see what is in it, and decide if it's a keeper or not. Then take it out, put the next one in, rename it so that it can be read, and repeat the process until you have evaluated all of your dbc files. Then rename the ones you are keeping so that they are in order.

Alternatively, you can delete all of them, reinstall the sims3packs for anything you want to keep, and not worry about it. (Assuming you have kept the sims3packs...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7552 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:46 AM
How do I raise a wall with CFE to be :exactly: two walls high?
Lab Assistant
#7553 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:39 PM
Is there a way to change what days Sims work? And maybe the hours they work? I feel like they have too many days off, in some carreers.
Instructor
#7554 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
How do I raise a wall with CFE to be :exactly: two walls high?

Hmm my first idea is taking a 2-level high column from Build mode; when you place it it has the 3x3 size grid at the top which has to be :exactly: the height you want... I think. So you can use that column grid for the Level Terrain function. Maybe. I never did this so far, just an idea.
#7555 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:33 PM
Oh, thanks. I'll try that. The funny thing, though, is that it was one of your builds, I think it was the Salon tower, that prompted that question in the first place and has been bugging me ever since, causing me to now build tower after tower.
Inventor
#7556 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:48 PM
I thought those Into the Future utopian trees would be in buydebug, but they are not? I googled it and found the giant flower unhider mod, but I had no luck figuring out where to get the other colorfull plants from utopian future. Where can I find them colorfull trees? Do I need some mod or am I just that bad at looking for it in the catalogue?

Inventor
#7557 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Founds these nice effects in a custom world I'm playing atm. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is an effect from fog emitter, and if so: what is it called?

I figured out that those are wisps. Works through fog emitter.
#7558 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Hmm my first idea is taking a 2-level high column from Build mode; when you place it it has the 3x3 size grid at the top which has to be :exactly: the height you want... I think. So you can use that column grid for the Level Terrain function. Maybe. I never did this so far, just an idea.
Nope. Didn't work.
The top of a 2-story column connects to a second floor, not the top of the first.
Site Helper
#7559 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:15 PM
So building a 1x1 room that is 2 walls high and using it as your level measure wouldn't work, either?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#7560 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:19 PM
CFE works only on the same level. In order to have a two-level high wall I need a 1-level high wall that is on terrain 1 level above the one I want to raise. (Does that make sense?)
There are methods to raise the terrain to almost 1 level (15 steps) but in order to have it exactly the height of one wall I need an extra step. Of course I could add another 15 steps to the 15 and then remove 14 again to have the final 16-steps high terrain, but I wonder whether there is an easier method.
Videos I've seen use a "click-method" with the terrain tool, with 12 clicks equalling 1 wall (or 16 steps). But I've never been able to be precise with terrain clicks.
Mad Poster
#7561 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:42 PM
Is there a way for a Sim to Fish Indoors? I have a Supernatural EP Vampire that continually has wants to raise his fishing skill but can't fish for very long because of his reaction to the sun. He works at night, so it seems like there is not enough time during the night for him to fish before the sun rises and he has to get indoors. (I don't have Late Night, so any solutions will need to work for Supernatural only).
Site Helper
#7562 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Is there a way for a Sim to Fish Indoors? I have a Supernatural EP Vampire that continually has wants to raise his fishing skill but can't fish for very long because of his reaction to the sun. He works at night, so it seems like there is not enough time during the night for him to fish before the sun rises and he has to get indoors. (I don't have Late Night, so any solutions will need to work for Supernatural only).

You can put a pond in an old-style basement if there is no floor overhead while you dig it out. Just make a gap in the foundation around the edge so you don't have to fight with the "inside a foundation" warning. You should be able to fill the gap again when you finish building, if you start your foundation repair on top of one of the squares that already has it and stretch to another one that has the foundation. Putting the overhead floor back is another matter. You're probably going to be stuck with the hole in the floor above the pond. (Although you can make it look good if you get very creative.)

You might want to buy 10 of each kind of a number of fish to stock your pond (Or just use fish spawners from debug) if you want to increase the odds of actually catching something.

("Old-style basement" is the kind where you dig a hole one wall-height deep and then line it with foundation around the outside edge. And you can put a regular wall along the inner edge if you are careful and lucky, so you don't need to worry about Move Objects to decorate.)

Don Babilon: Would the fact that a platform appears to be one step high be helpful in raising terrain 15 steps and then adding one more? (I don't use CFE because it plays havoc when I decide to remodel the lot. So I'm just brainstorming.)

Mad Poster
#7563 Old 26th May 2018 at 5:03 AM
Thank you Ghost sdoj. Putting a smallish pond in his basement then using buydebug to put fish spawners in seems to have helped. He can fish in his basement without getting too much sun.
Mad Poster
#7564 Old 27th May 2018 at 6:07 AM
New issue that is driving me up the wall: My Sim went to the future and went home. I am getting very tired of people coming from the future all hours of the night, and every time they come it screws with the camera. (I think its trying to zoom to the time portal, and I'm getting tired of it.)
Mad Poster
#7565 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
New issue that is driving me up the wall: My Sim went to the future and went home. I am getting very tired of people coming from the future all hours of the night, and every time they come it screws with the camera. (I think its trying to zoom to the time portal, and I'm getting tired of it.)

If you are using NRaas Register, you can set it to disallow Tourism in your homeworld entirely or by source world -- Oasis Landing, in this case.
Test Subject
#7566 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:56 PM
The messages that usually pop up when sims receive gift via the mailbox no longer show up. It started after I downloaded NRaas - I have Master controller, Overwatch and Story progression. I think there should be an option to turn them back on, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?
Mad Poster
#7567 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
The messages that usually pop up when sims receive gift via the mailbox no longer show up. It started after I downloaded NRaas - I have Master controller, Overwatch and Story progression. I think there should be an option to turn them back on, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

It couldn't really be MasterController doing that, but Overwatch or StoryProgression could be possible. Don't know if this was intended or some kind of unexpected side-effect as I've had a mod by Shimrod from The Sims Asylum in play for years to prevent the random gifts by mailbox. You might get a more informed answer if you bring the question to us at NRaas so our developer can address it.

Where to post: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox

Must be a member first, it's a two step process to sign up: http://nraas.wikispaces.com (see Becoming a Member)
(Yes, we know that Wikispaces is shutting down later this year, but we will have moved to our new site by then so it's safe to ignore the warnings)
Mad Poster
#7568 Old 27th May 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by igazor : 28th May 2018 at 5:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
Is there a way to change what days Sims work? And maybe the hours they work? I feel like they have too many days off, in some carreers.

That would require modding the career, and such changes would then apply for all sims in that career.

For EA careers, I believe that a standalone mod/override file for each one would be needed. For custom careers, those can be edited by accessing the XML resource that dictates days and time of work for each job level by using S3PE. There's really more to it than it looks because each job level has different days/work times for regular worlds vs. urban worlds (like Bridgeport) and some of the careers branch off after a certain level.

Again for EA careers, I don't really like the shorter shifts in urban worlds but most of them feel pretty balanced to me otherwise. The Level 10 Military one is a counter-example, it's way off balance with one 18 hour shift per week but I think that one is kind of funny as it's supposed to be emulating something like space travel.

Maybe you would prefer some custom careers with more brutal schedules associated with them?
Top Secret Researcher
#7569 Old 28th May 2018 at 4:16 PM
My stupid question of the day is; Why do I have to travel to Egypt, France or China to get a storage chest (no such technology exists in the default world!) but I can buy futuristic computers, food replicators, bot stations jet packs, hover cars, sprites etc in the present? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Also... I recall seeing a mod that allowed one to set hours on stores... I don't mind the game taking some of my hand crafted sims to man the cash register at the park because that's a 9-5 job, but the register at the elixir store is pretty much a 24 hour a day job that takes a hand crafted sim out of play.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#7570 Old 28th May 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That would require modding the career, and such changes would then apply for all sims in that career.

For EA careers, I believe that a standalone mod/override file for each one would be needed. For custom careers, those can be edited by accessing the XML resource that dictates days and time of work for each job level by using S3PE. There's really more to it than it looks because each job level has different days/work times for regular worlds vs. urban worlds (like Bridgeport) and some of the careers branch off after a certain level.

I think the EA careers are all in one file, the careers.xml which can be found in the gameplaydata.package
Field Researcher
#7571 Old 28th May 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question of the day is; Why do I have to travel to Egypt, France or China to get a storage chest (no such technology exists in the default world!) but I can buy futuristic computers, food replicators, bot stations jet packs, hover cars, sprites etc in the present? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Also... I recall seeing a mod that allowed one to set hours on stores... I don't mind the game taking some of my hand crafted sims to man the cash register at the park because that's a 9-5 job, but the register at the elixir store is pretty much a 24 hour a day job that takes a hand crafted sim out of play.

Which is why I buy storage chests from buydebug (also sometimes you can get them at the consignment store) and forbid myself from buying any future technology until one of my Sims invent it^^

My stupid question: hideheadlineeffects turns all headline effects off. Is there any way to turn everything off but the talk bubbles? Or would I need a very long effect-Mod for that?
Top Secret Researcher
#7572 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:47 PM
Anyone see a problem where a human sim can't sell his plumbot at a plumbot display stand in a plumbot store?
I know plumbots need a sentient chip before they can sell their own, but Marty should be able to sell his newly created plumbot. He's sold many plumbots in the past in other games, but this game the option does appear on the pie menu.
Mmmmm.. Pie.

Sims are better than us.
#7573 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:54 PM
Is this the store in the future world or one in a present world? Is it the default one or one you built yourself?
Top Secret Researcher
#7574 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Is this the store in the future world or one in a present world? Is it the default one or one you built yourself?

In the Present.
One I built myself.
It used to work. In another game with the same world, I had a sim sold many plumbots, meeting the plumbot sale dream tree (sell 1, 2, 3 and then 4 plumbots)

Sims are better than us.
#7575 Old 29th May 2018 at 1:20 AM
Ah, okay. The answer would have been easy if you had used the one from the bin, because it doesn't work properly in the present, due to the presence of event markers from the future world scenarios.

So, have you tried resetting the stand or replacing it with a new one? Maybe it's stuck and believes that its slot is already full.
Page 303 of 385