Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:10 AM
Default Maternity Clothing
Is it true, that all new clothes for adult females are pregnancy enabled? This would be so great. And, by the way, is there a list somewhere, which EA-clothes from previous EPs are maternity clothes?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandranym
Is it true, that all new clothes for adult females are pregnancy enabled? This would be so great. And, by the way, is there a list somewhere, which EA-clothes from previous EPs are maternity clothes?

Thanks in advance

Yes, all the new clothing is maternity enabled, but only the new ones obviosly. Apart from that, there is only very few basegame clothing maternity enabled.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:01 AM
Are all the new outfits enabled - like top and bottom - or only the full outfits? How does it work? :/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:50 PM
All of the above, clay4kelly.

When creating your Sim (or making them over) any clothes from the Generations pack that is added to her wardrobe will be used throughout her pregnancy. Before, our Sims would change into these ugly clothes without any way to restyle them in something less...fug (or something that is at least color coordinated). Now, our Sims can wear the same clothes before, during and after pregnancy.

Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure

When creating your Sim (or making them over) any clothes from the Generations pack that is added to her wardrobe will be used throughout her pregnancy. Before, our Sims would change into these ugly clothes without any way to restyle them in something less...fug (or something that is at least color coordinated). Now, our Sims can wear the same clothes before, during and after pregnancy.

Hope that helps!

what if you have a generations top but a non-generations bottom? does the pregnancy morph happen in that case.... or i guess not?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
Here is an overview over the basegame clothing items that are enabled for maternity. It's in German but there are pictures for each item.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure

Hope that helps!
You could plan a pregnancy outfit pre-Generations*; the EP doesn't change that, it just added more maternity wear.

* Set the main outfit in each category with maternity-enabled clothing before the pregnant sim's belly popped.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
You could plan a pregnancy outfit pre-Generations*; the EP doesn't change that, it just added more maternity wear.

* Set the main outfit in each category with maternity-enabled clothing before the pregnant sim's belly popped.

Agreed, that's what I usually do when I plan on having a pregnant Sim.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:44 PM
It's surprising how much better those maternity-enabled base game clothes can look when they've been CASted! Though the new ones are a significant improvement. I hated that the only maternity clothes that weren't casual was that dress. I got so bored of that bloody dress!
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:47 AM
The new clothes are very cute! I love the belted peasant blouse with the jeans. It looks like very modern maternity wear.

If you do want to change clothes mid-pregnancy download Twallan's master controller. Click '"stylist" option and it will show all the enabled maternity outfits. The sim won't have the pregnant belly in CAS but once you enter back into the game the outfit should work.

If you want more outfits this is a great blog. It has website links to all of the meshes enabled for maternity.

http://sims3maternity.blogspot.com/
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:40 AM
I was so happy the Generations clothing was maternity enabled. Woohoo! I do use CC maternity too, so this is an added plus.

All my YA/A females get one of the three outfits as maternity. When I hear the chimes or see the sick moodlet, I change them into the maternity outfits for each category. No more ugly clothes for my girlies.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:59 AM
Yes, they are
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:33 AM
Does anybody know how to enable no maternity ware into maternity wear. It was on a LP I watched where she used a cc dress which I have and can't use for maternity but she could ????? [B][I][U]
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 10:06 AM
Man I'm pretty glad you fucked up your coding, otherwise your post would've been even more annoying than the thread necroing.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:43 PM
where can I find these
Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:40 PM
These what? Try searching it or clicking the links first before necroing this thread.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:32 PM
It's like I stumbled onto MATY...where did all of this mean come from?
Locked thread | Locked by: Nysha Reason: I think this thread can stay dead