Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:09 PM
Default It all started with a meteor which took out the teen population . . .
. . .Not every teen, just the teens I'd created.

I've a meteor active game. Always have. Meteors have wiped out entire families, but, holy shit, this thing took out the school and wasted all *my* teens. The 'emergency' was endless as all manner of being clustered at the door to the school. Just stuck there. Horses whiny-ing, dogs barking, parents mourning. Cruiser and cop . . . everything just stuck in place making such noise. Ugh.

Some teens were dispensed with immediately by the Grim Reaper, most were left hanging in the ether. For a few days I tried to clean up the mess. I went to each household with a 'dead' teen and tried to get through the insanity. I reset each player within each household. In some cases I reset the house/lot itself. Every night at curfew the cop was back at the school, on the other end was the parent in 'wait' mode. Ridiculous.

Today, after three days of this clusterfocking around, I can no longer zoom into active Sims homes.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:37 PM
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 6:08 PM
Intriguing. Didn't know meteors could strike community lots. I just thought they just target households. This is the first massive calamity I heard in the game. What neighborhood are you playing?

And yeah, Pictures please!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 3:08 PM Last edited by Katastrophe1112 : 7th Aug 2012 at 3:13 PM. Reason: blah blah blah punctuation, etc. . .
I was playing Equestrian Island. No idea where I got the download . . . here or elsewhere.

So sorry, I didn't take any pics!

The chaos was astonishing and for some inexplicable reason, I was able to 'resurrect' two of the dead teens. They appeared on their home lots, frozen. I got all worked up when I saw the first 'undead' teen just standing in the courtyard of her home lot. I hit reset , et voila!

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:24 PM
Happened to me a few months ago. I was playing a family who was trying to have a child for every letter of the alphabet. I had six children/teens in school, along with five of their cousins and a ton of classmates. A meteor hit. All of my kids died, three of their cousins. I think overall 20 teens/children died from that meteor. An entire generation completely wiped out. It sucked. One by one, the grim reaper would take their souls as they begged for their lives. So many died that the next morning, when the remaining couple of kids went to school, he was still there, processing the dead. It was harsh.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 4:03 PM
City hall got hit by a meteor while my sim was working there and it killed off a bunch of her co-workers :S
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:02 PM
I've had 3 meteor attacks in my game since installing showtime

1. My sim was in a car and got the "suddenly dark message" and I freaked out and just made my sim drive like crazy all over town. When it finally hit she was nowhere near it. It hit near the school but didn't do any damage. So I don't really count it. That was a few weeks ago.

2. Happened 2 nights ago. I got no warning at all and by coincidence or design one of my sims rejected a simport opportunity while he was gardening. A meteor hit him square on the head. The house caught on fire and mom and the kids burned up. I didn't save.

3. Last night I got the "suddenly dark" message and a meteor was scheduled to hit the house. Everyone escaped that time and the only drama was the damned coward dad.

It seems lots of us are having meteor problems. I am starting to wonder if there is a new mod conflict that cropped up with showtime's newest patch.
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
One by one, the grim reaper would take their souls as they begged for their lives. So many died that the next morning, when the remaining couple of kids went to school, he was still there, processing the dead. It was harsh.

I hope Grim gets paid overtime, at least.

I've only ever had one meteor strike. My Journalist Sim was on the way to her job at the business building when I got the 'suddenly dark' message. So I sent her away from the building, which got hit, but no damage was done and no one died. She went to work as normal, and then, being a Journalist, wrote an article about it later. While she was at work, I sent her elderly father to collect all the rocks, which we arranged in the front yard as garden decor.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:02 PM
I had my first meteor on the very first day after installing Ambitions. I had moved a new Sim into Twinbrook and the first thing I did was sending him to the neighbours in search for baby-making material. He lived opposite Amy Bull, whom I liked instantly, so he crossed the street, ready to greet her and then the sky got dark. My Sim got singed and Amy Bull was no more. Nice way to introduce a new feature of an EP, I thought.
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 5:25 AM
I had one meteor. My singer sim was performing a gig, all of a sudden it got all dark and the sound system went funky. Everyone got singed, but no one died. There are sims in the 'hood to this day, three generations later, walking around town singed.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 1:00 AM
I've never had a meteor I kind of want one just for the experience

more pics @ pixelplayground
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 2:09 AM
The only meteor "experience" I've had was a message that one of my sims had seen a meteor while looking through the telescope and that he should use map view to see where it had landed. There was no map tag, and one RT week of playing about 2 hours a day, I still haven't found it.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snookumboo
I've never had a meteor I kind of want one just for the experience

I've never had one either!!!! I'm looking for massive calamities. Is there any way to "force" a meteor strike?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Is there any way to "force" a meteor strike?

There is if you have the proper mod to do so. One (or more) of Twallan's mods, I believe, give you the option to summon a meteor. It's either Master Controller or Debug Enabler (or both). There may also be an option to do so with "testingcheatsenabled" active. But I'll get back to you on that, as I'll have to check my answer next time I'm in-game.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 1:22 PM
My first experience with a meteor strike was when I first played in Riverview. My sim just moved in his new house and a bunch of sim came to welcome him to the neighborhood. A message popped up saying about the sky turning dark and a few moments later 4 of my neighbors got flattened.
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I've never had one either!!!! I'm looking for massive calamities. Is there any way to "force" a meteor strike?

There's one here, in MTS. The link : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407315. But it's said to be unsupported, so.. ._.

Hey there! :)
Inventor
#17 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 9:50 AM
I just had a teen killed , I was playing with a home I made that was populated with Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant and the twins, Lillith was killed. Angela rushed over and picked up the peices and they are displayed on the lawn, the bad part of the issue was Lillith was coming out of the Science Center. It seemed that the game conspired to kill Lillith, as she had rolled the deliver a fish to the Science Center and was coming out from that delivery when she was killed. The Science Center seems unscathed. I have had house hit but not community lots, and am at a loss as what to do. *Shrug* Daniel and MarySue are expecting, so perhasp Lillith is just a write off.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Scholar
#18 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
2. Happened 2 nights ago. I got no warning at all and by coincidence or design one of my sims rejected a simport opportunity while he was gardening. A meteor hit him square on the head. The house caught on fire and mom and the kids burned up. I didn't save.

EA says "Thou shalt not refuse SimPort, lest ye be smited!"

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:15 PM
I've had a few meteors, some lethal, some not. They seem to have it in for my transport, the first one I had hit my sim firewoman as she was maintaining her truck at home, she was killed (and reset to save her) and the truck got stuck on top of the massive space rock which caused a few problems as I think it might have actually been on fire as well? There were fires all over her garden anyway, I had to use cheats to pick it up and move it in the end. And just yesterday I had one hit the road outside my family's lot, it destroyed all of their expensive cars (six in all) which I couldn't afford to replace and left piles of scrap everywhere. Serves me right for letting them have nice things.
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:42 PM
I was trying to have a meteor hit, I had all 5 of my sims looking through telescopes for a sim week. I kept them happy by testingcheatsenabled and then I walked away from my game to give my daughter a shower. I came back 20 minutes later to see a giant rock in my lawn a few feet from my sims, and a few of them were singed. I reloaded my last save which was right before I walked away, and never seen another one since. I told my husband it figures when I am not watching my game, one will happen. I really wish I would get one though so I can watch it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 3:43 AM
I've had two and they both hit a sim who was gardening. The first one (legacy heir, of course) was killed. I teleported the second one away quickly. The biggest pain of it is the ruin in the gardens--plants just frozen and can't be harvested, craters in the ground. I have to cheat to fix it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 11:34 PM
How do you do to have meteors?
I have the game since it was released and all its expansions and stuff packs to. I have no mods, but I have a lot of custom content, and NEVER, EVER had a meteor. and I really want it because I have never seen one! =(

Greetings from Mexico
Inventor
#23 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:26 AM
I didnt get the Simpport thing and have gotten it on house lots before.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:43 AM
Meteors can hit people and lots?!?!? Wow....news to me! I placed a "meteor shower" in a world I built, but never see anything strike. I just get meteors there that they can pick up. So is this a new Showtime thing? if so, AWESOME!!!! I have sometimes wished for mass disasters (especially if we could call them down...bwahahaha!)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:34 AM
I had a meteor hit the town center in Shang Simla during a holiday there. Never seen one before or since.

"Curiouser and curiouser! cried Alice...Now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!..." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Stop by my Facebook page or visit my website, kithri's curious kreations, for more unexpected Sims 2 and 3 things. Remember to click Like. ^^
Page 1 of 2