Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 7:50 PM
Default Anyone else having this issue with the townie mermaids?
I've been playing a file with Mia Azul, one of the townie mermaids from Isla Paradiso. However, I am having a bit of a graphical glitch, as the screenshot shows.

Mia is in the pool, but she doesn't have the tail that mermaids are supposed to have while swimming. I tested this in the ocean as well, and still no tail. Is anyone else having this issue?
Screenshots

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 9:40 PM
Ah, that happened before to me with King Triton.
If it really stresses you out, I suggest you download NRASS, and use the Outfit function. There, you can find the outfit under 'Special', and you can even edit it to whatever strikes your fancy!
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Ah, that happened before to me with King Triton.
If it really stresses you out, I suggest you download NRASS, and use the Outfit function. There, you can find the outfit under 'Special', and you can even edit it to whatever strikes your fancy!

It isn't too big a deal for me; I just wasn't sure whether I was the only one.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
It isn't too big a deal for me; I just wasn't sure whether I was the only one.

No, it seems to be a quite common bug, although I have never experienced it in my game. You get a lot of results if you google it. Here's one... http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...up/td-p/1950671
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 5:24 AM
Oh yeah, I went to the Nraas forum for help for this because I thought 1 of the Nraas mods could fix this. You can use MasterController to fix this, remove mermaid occult & give it back again. But not immediately though, give the game some time like 1 minute real time or something. I don't know if this will ruin the island quests, though. I have an Isla Paradiso save but all the game mermaids got the bug. I was also trying to discover all the islands, I heard you have to invite 1 of the mermaids over & wait for them to tell you the secrets, that never happened & I remove the mermaid occult from them a couple of times so I don't know...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 9:27 AM Last edited by simperatrix : 5th Oct 2015 at 7:38 PM.
Same thing happened when King Triton married into my Sim's family. It confused me because I was new to IP and it made me go, "Huh. I thought you were supposed to be a mermaid." When he swam, he would be swimming in the formation of a mermaid but have human/Sim legs.

A little while later, he stopped swimming like a mermaid at all and started swimming like a non-mermaid, so all I can guess is that he lost his mermaidhood at some point, even though he went swimming every day....but his favorite food is still kelp...

Edit: On second thought, maybe it's just a glitch and he's still a mermaid, because he still wants to swim everywhere rather than boat. The only problem is that he can't swim fast like a mermaid anymore. A little exasperating for his Sim family to wait for him for hours to swim to the other side of the big island!

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 4:18 AM
I'm trying to get my evil mermaid sim to hook up with Salty Seaworth, but it's impossible to get him to show up! I can't invite him over, I can't find him on any lot. It's like he just vanishes!

Also, Townie Mermaids don't turn into mermaids on dive lots for some reason. They just swim like mermaids, but don't get their tail.
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
I'm trying to get my evil mermaid sim to hook up with Salty Seaworth, but it's impossible to get him to show up! I can't invite him over, I can't find him on any lot. It's like he just vanishes!

Also, Townie Mermaids don't turn into mermaids on dive lots for some reason. They just swim like mermaids, but don't get their tail.

My sim actually married Salty. I've never had any problems with mermaids in my game. I really believe it's due to the NRaas mods because I've got bunch of them. It could be one of them or a combo of two, etc. Not sure. Perhaps the Nraas Hybrid also corrects issues with normal occult sims, as well, while at it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
My sim actually married Salty. I've never had any problems with mermaids in my game. I really believe it's due to the NRaas mods because I've got bunch of them. It could be one of them or a combo of two, etc. Not sure. Perhaps the Nraas Hybrid also corrects issues with normal occult sims, as well, while at it.

Which Neraas mods do you have?
Alchemist
#10 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Which Neraas mods do you have?

DebugEnabler
Decensor
ErrorTrap
GoHere
Hybrid
MasterController + Cheats + Integreation
Overwatch
Porter
Register
Shooless
StoryProgression + Extra + Population
Traveler
Woohooer

Maybe it's one or more of those or I'm just lucky not to have the bug in my game.