Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:54 AM
How many venues are actually needed?
Hello! So I've been playing Starlight Shores for a while, and I've realised that there are way too many venues that I hardly see sims use. I would like to delete some and replace them with my own community lots, but for the sake of sims in performance careers (singer, acrobat, magician) how many venues are required for their careers to function properly? Like do we need at least 1 small venue, 1 big venue, etc? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animated
Hello! So I've been playing Starlight Shores for a while, and I've realised that there are way too many venues that I hardly see sims use. I would like to delete some and replace them with my own community lots, but for the sake of sims in performance careers (singer, acrobat, magician) how many venues are required for their careers to function properly? Like do we need at least 1 small venue, 1 big venue, etc? Thanks in advance!

If you want to play the singer/acrobat/magician career you should have at least have one of each of the neccessary buildungs. If not, I guess you can nuke all of them, however I don't know what happens to your townies in these careers then. Why don't you test it and see how it goes?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:26 AM
In theory they can reach level 10 in all the Showtime careers without any venue at all. But then they can only advance through performing for tips, practicing the skill, doing opportunities or the jobs that a singer receives every day.

But if you want to see them perform on stage you'll obviously need at least one venue. But as Starlight Shores has at several of each type you can delete one of each without breaking anything. In my save I have transformed the venue with the outside pool into a bowling arcade, the karaoke place into a hangout, the rodeo place into a watering hole and one of those warehouses into a disco club and removed all the performing stages from them. My Sim was able to advance in the singer career just fine and has gigs in the other places.

It is also possible to keep the stages and transform some of them into Late Night bars, lounges or clubs. The patch after Showtime added the function to these to serve as performance venues.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animated

I'm not very advanced in experimenting this, but based on my humble experiences so far with my professional singer sim:
- If your goal is to raise your sim's career level to 10, then I don't think you need more than ONE venue for a career like that, equipped with the necessary Showtime stage, preferably a lower-level venue in order to start gigs as soon as possible. That means either a Big Park or a Coffeehouse/Dive Bar (your sim can audition for gigs there from reacing level 3). After about level 4 or 5, your sim's gigs will become steady there, and can perform shows until reaches level 10. It's just that you will miss the "big show" experience that only a big stadium venue can provide.
- If your goal and priority is to reduce the number of community lots in your neighborhood, then you really don't need all type of Showtime venues. If you already have a Big Park in your town, building there a Showtime stage would give you the option (and the Proprietor NPC) to audition for gigs there. If you want to have a Late Night bar in your town, having a Dive Bar with a Showtime stage would suffice as a lvl 3 showtime venue, or a Dance Club will suffice as a lvl 5 live show venue. In my game there is a significant difference though between Late Night bar venues and Showtime venues: a Dive Bar, although my sim can have a gig there, never organize a Sim Fest (a whole day performance competiton) like the Showtime venues do. - Perhaps it's just my game, and it works differently in others gameplay.

Overall experience with sim traffic: Showtime venues and LN bar venues with a Showtime stage will attract the lowest possible number of visitors that I ever see in the game on community lots. I don't know why it is, but it is. A LN Dive Bar in my game can attract about 4-6 sims at an average evening, but a Dive Bar equipped WITH a showtime stage attracts only 1 or 2. So sadly, according to my game, community lots with a stage are definitely not for a good time out in town, or socializing, they are useful only for building a performer career.