Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM
Default Did anybody keep a copy of Anita Sims hair tutorial?
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this but did anybody download the Anita sims YouTube tutorials on how to make hair in 3ds max for the sims 3? It was a 2 part series titled "Tutorial: How To Make Hair For The Sims 3 ". Here is the original link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LYTss9NT4, she apparently deleted her channel which is such a shame because she had some pretty great tutorials. I am crossing my fingers in hopes that someone here may have downloaded them or can at least guide me towards some other hair meshing tutorials as I am completely new at this. Sims 4 tutorials would also be welcomed as I was intending on following the steps in the video to make hair for the sims 4. Thanks in advance!!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:38 PM
The progress of making TS4 hair is entirely different compared to TS3, so if you want to make hair for TS4 I'd try finding a TS4 tutorial For the sims 3 however, I know simplyimaginarypeople/Eikeeful has made a few tutorials that are somewhat close to just a hair tutorial At least it covers pretty much everything that you actually need to do:

Although they do... require you to have Blender instead sadly. However, the blender bits can be done in 3DS max as well! It doesn't really matter whether you use Blender or Maya or 3Ds max or anything, you can even go with Milkshape if you like!

Let me know if you need some help on the hair you're working on!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
The progress of making TS4 hair is entirely different compared to TS3, so if you want to make hair for TS4 I'd try finding a TS4 tutorial For the sims 3 however, I know simplyimaginarypeople/Eikeeful has made a few tutorials that are somewhat close to just a hair tutorial At least it covers pretty much everything that you actually need to do:

Although they do... require you to have Blender instead sadly. However, the blender bits can be done in 3DS max as well! It doesn't really matter whether you use Blender or Maya or 3Ds max or anything, you can even go with Milkshape if you like!

Let me know if you need some help on the hair you're working on!

Hi Greenplumbbob, thanks for the advice and tutorials. In a sense I am happy that the Anita sims tutorial was deleted as now I don't have to go through with the laborious process of creating a hair only to find out that it wouldn't be compatible with the Sims 4. Plus, I can now save some money by not having to get 3ds Max!!

Moreover, it's actually a good thing that you sent me the Blender tutorials as I have already used Blender to make poses in the past so I am not completely new to it and had even started on a hair last year but as there weren't any detailed Blender hair tutorials out at the time I had given up all hope of finishing it. But now thanks to you I might actually be able to. So thank you so much for your help and since you offered so kindly if I happen to get stuck I will come back and ask for your guidance.