Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2951 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:24 AM
I made Jun and Yuri from the comic My Boo... Because that comic killed my feels and I need a happy ending.

At first I was going to not make Yuri and have one of my daughters from my current families grow up and take her place but... I felt bad because he was a ghost and because can't get a job or leave the house (I set these rules according to the comic). He was so lonely so I gave him 2 stray cats to keep him company D: I caved in and made Yuri anyways though.

The Yuri I made really is very accurate lol. She ignored him just as she did in the comic, they've been living together for 5 days and hasn't interacted even once. He tried at first to talk with her, but for some reason the actions were just canceled after a while he just gave up.

He spends most of his time gazing out the window and playing with the cats

Advertisement
Instructor
#2952 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:59 PM
Nothing at all since my computer's busted and off to be repaired, and I've been relegated to a tiny lil laptop in the meantime. I haven't even opened my game in like a month but now that I know I can't, suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to play and do all kinds of sims-related stuff.
Forum Resident
#2953 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:56 AM
Erin Kennedy finally earned her wings as an Astronaut. Her adopted daughter, April, is nearing the end of her teen years, most of which she's spent out of school because of snow days. She has put the time to use mastering logic, becoming an OK painter, and dabbling in other skills like cooking and charisma. I may stop playing this household until I have University Life installed, because I'd like April to my expansion pack explorer on that one.

I recently bought and installed The Sims 4 and made Erin as one of my first Sims, along with a couple of roomies to help make money and test socials. She's also an astronaut here.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2954 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:37 AM
Just had a moody IF teen roll this wish... First thing I saw was the baby's face and the words "die from neglect" and was disturbed for a second
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2955 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM
My current family is on Gen 6. The heiress (teen), her half-brothers (children and twins who look almost identical) and the simbot brought in through the mother's happiness points have bought their new digs in Sunlit Tides. Still need to install more Llamas on the various islands, as the simbot in particular takes forever to get from A to B. She prefers flying across the water to boating...
Anyway, for the first time, this household isn't raking in money. It doesn't help there are TWO evil people frequently donating against volcano preservation; I guess they want to watch the islands burn... the heiress has gone full-on rebellious, tagging walls and leaving suspicious bags on doorsteps, and often skips school or work. She's a lot like her great-grandmother in that respect, only that this teen started down this road much earlier.
The boys are doing ok between school, the festival and the tree house. Growing up by themselves, it seems... I'm debating whether the mother should stay dead, she had an unfortunate pool incident; then again, quite a few parents stayed behind in the old town and the kids are alright :D

omnis mundi creatura
Lab Assistant
#2956 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:53 AM
On my newest save, my little family is working on building their first new house (rather than buying a house already made)

It's a slow process. It is a family of 4; a mother and father (both in mid-young adult stage), a child son and teen daughter and with two dogs.
The mother works as a stylist at the local mall and the father is a painter.
A new child is on the way.

The house has been under construction for almost a two weeks now.
About the new house:
It is a 10,010 square foot 3 floor house with 6 bedrooms, 7.5 bathrooms, a 3 car garage and will have a home theater, large entertainment room and an extra bonus room directly above the garage, placed on a 35 x 35 lot. This house should be able to accommodate the family for the next couple generations or so!

About the current house:
A 1,625 square foot house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on a 20 x 25 lot

I think the dogs are happy:
Lab Assistant
#2957 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by LoveViolet : 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:01 AM.
My current family is still on generation 4 & I'm struggling with them... somehow I ended up with 4 children, 3 toddlers and 5 infants, with only 3 sims able to care for them all... I can't wait until generation 5 takes over ;-;
The only good part is, the triplets (the 3 toddlers) are identical & all have the artistic trait from birth, I didn't even choose for them to all be artistic xD
I'm most struggling with the 5 infants, there are also more on the way... oh goodness gracious >-<
You can already tell I'm TOTALLY loving this family right now >_>

Edit:The game crashed, but I don't think I lost too much, I only lost the triplets
Forum Resident
#2958 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:46 AM.
So I'd just moved my sim, his dog, and roommate into a new house - with a fireplace. Can anyone guess where this is going? So it's night and I have one of them light it. Apparently the newspaper had been delivered and I didn't notice, I keep forgetting the service resets whenever you move. Anyway, fire's lit, everything's nice and cozy. What does the dog decide to do? He brings in the paper, places it right at the roommate's feet, he ignites, my sim tries to put him out, fails, and he dies. And while my sim is mourning, the dog walks away, tail-wagging, and goes to bed. I guess he really wanted that extra bed.

...And I would have been slightly irritated if I didn't find it so funny.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Field Researcher
#2959 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:55 AM
A bouncer didn't want to let me into the VIP rooms. Apparently, I wasn't celebrity enough. Later I came back, saw him slacking off and skinny dipping in the VIP hot tubs, so I sneaked passed the door and hid his clothes (lol dumbass). He had to stand by the door for the rest of the night with a table cloth across his noodle.

Since he didn't know I was the one who stole his clothes, I proceeded to make fun of him in front of everybody in the lounge.
Lab Assistant
#2960 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
A bouncer didn't want to let me into the VIP rooms. Apparently, I wasn't celebrity enough. Later I came back, saw him slacking off and skinny dipping in the VIP hot tubs, so I sneaked passed the door and hid his clothes (lol dumbass). He had to stand by the door for the rest of the night with a table cloth across his noodle.

Since he didn't know I was the one who stole his clothes, I proceeded to make fun of him in front of everybody in the lounge.

I didn't even know you could hide a skinny dipper's clothes! That's awesome! I have a party animal sim who constantly wants to skinny dip, now I know what to do next time I start the game
Forum Resident
#2961 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:07 PM
I am tired of spontaneous combutions that kills my inactive sims whereas it's 18 degrees celsius outside.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Top Secret Researcher
#2962 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:32 AM
A stray cat wandered into the house, had a chat with one of the household cats, and then curled up for a nap on a sofa.

Also there was a burglary, and while the adults dreamed of police sirens, junior now wants to be a policeman.
Lab Assistant
#2963 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Also there was a burglary, and while the adults dreamed of police sirens, junior now wants to be a policeman.

That's usually when I have my Sim burn the crap out of them! By the time the police get there... "where'd he go!?"
That's the reason I actually have the Supernatural expansion!

Also, not sure if this thread is for updates from previous posts, but here goes:
Got that house (mostly) done)! Finally! All it took was 3 Sim-months (well, almost. 90 Sim-days, I think it was) and winning the lottery... 10 times or so!

Oh, and the youngest kid of the family, who seems to like playing with the puppy (yep, the same one as my profile image)... IN THE ROAD!
Field Researcher
#2964 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 5:28 PM
I was playing the Morgan family in Roaring Heights for the first time. Not long after David admitted to cheating with Samantha to Donna, she had the wish to have a baby. It's hard for me not to interpret this as having a baby out of wedlock herself to get revenge on him!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#2965 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM
At work, Laura has been placed in charge of telling a team of unruly assholes what to go do with themselves.

Knowing full well that no one's going to pick up on it anyway, she talks her talk and oversees that everyone pinky swears that they'll totally get it done, boss.

Meanwhile in the suburban mallniverse, her slacker boyfriend Jer is having a taste of the local cuisine. That's donuts, brownies, hotdogs and hamburgers, FYI.

Like a truly responsible adult, he makes it up to himself for indulging so much by partaking in possibly the most embarrassing thing any of my Sims has ever done: aerobics.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#2966 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM
I installed University Life and sent forth my first test subject. I'd hoped to send her to school with her best friend Bella Bachelor, but Bella wasn't listed within the Bachelor household, and the Move In prompt never appeared. Oh, well. April Kennedy, my uni explorer, was pretty well set: her parents own the town (she's Erin Kennedy's adopted daughter), and she spent her entire childhood and teendom blowing up beakers, collecting rocks, and painting things. She's chosen the Science and Medicine degree, given her interest in blowing things up, and after two semesters has earned the affection of both the Jocks and the Nerds. She keeps rolling wants to be with the Jocks, so go figure. Raise a kid right, with chess tables and chemistry sets, and as soon as she's out the door she's playing lacrosse, lifting at the gym, and living on "juice".

On her first day of class, she left the stove burning and torched half her house. I did have the fire alarm, but the kitchen had to be replaced.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2967 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 2:32 PM
Going camping again for the first time in ages!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#2968 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:59 AM
I'm trying to make a handsome Malcolm with Nancy and Geoff in CAS becuase of the ugly fat guy in the base game (IMO), some more like Nancy, and some looking like Rodney Dangerfield. :P
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2969 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:22 AM
Hm, from long experience I know that good artists do not always think that they have a message to convey but rather believe that they are just making the right work for the right time. Maybe energy and dynamism in heated circumstances, as personified by a fiery lady dancing with the flames.

Or maybe he is just expressing his secret wish of being a fancy Dungeons & Dragons character who's fighting fire elementals in snazzy robes, unlike a The Sims character whose main activities are usually thinking about money, sex and broken toilets.
Site Helper
#2970 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:52 PM
He hasn't been around a fire yet, has he?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2971 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:35 PM
Looks fine to me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#2972 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:13 PM
It's a wonderful contrast between the sea and sky on the left and the land on the right, with the boat moored between them. The posts lead from the "crowded" right side over to the left and the boat is perfectly positioned to be a link between land and sea. (Ok, so some of the "clouds" on the left might be foggy mountains, but they do look like clouds...) Do you mind if I use the Poster Studio to make a copy of that to hang in my game?

(no, I never actually studied Art Criticism, but I did read several articles in Photography Illustrated in doctor's offices. I guess some of it sunk in.)
Edit:
I don't know what you could possibly take out. The posts are a dividing and guiding line, so you need them. The boat tells the story, so you need it. The lighthouse subdues the sky on the "land" side, so you need that. The hill would look bare without the trees, so you need them. And the bulrushes subdue the water on the "land" side, so you need them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2973 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:26 PM
The drab grey sky is beautiful to photograph things against, it's a completely blank canvas. In my game, greys like that have a subtle glow. The water also reflects the sky more heavily, to the point where the sky and the water blend together perfectly. The pier remains and the boat will have heavy shading on them, which adds to the decayed look of these objects. The landmass with the lighthouse on it will be blurred with a slight bokeh. I should really try to recreate this shot.

What world did you take it in?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#2974 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:45 AM
What world is that, anyway? I'll go there myself and retake the picture with water on ultra, just to spite you.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#2975 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:54 AM
Campus police breathed a huge sigh of relief when they saw April Kennedy and Bella Bachelor drive away for good, after graduating. The two had been keeping law enforcement running in circles to keep up with their campaign to spray the entire campus. "For three year they're model students, and then that last term, they seemed to do nothing BUT cause trouble," said one frustrated cop who had arrested April no less than twelve times. "They paid over $20,000 in fines. Who does that?" The two partners-in-crime worked together, finishing the others' tag if one was arrested. The local comic book shop was ground zero for their campaign.

==

So, I graduated my first sims from TS3's university. April Kennedy, my tester, was quickly popular with the jocks, and she tended to have a good record with the nerds. She kept falling in and out of the rebel circle, though, so in an effort to get all three social groups to 8, I had her work overtime causing trouble. She ended up with 10 Jock, 8 Nerd, 8 Rebel. Bella was 8 Jock, 6 Nerd, 8 Rebel, but she managed to get arrested right before graduation!

Attachment: A cop arresting April outside the comic book store while Bella works the place over inside.
Screenshots
Page 119 of 161