Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why do all my sim children end up with the same hairstyles? NOT FIRSTBORN SYNDROME
So for some reason in multiple families, my Sims are born with the same hairstyles even when it can't be because of the firstborn effect. This confuses me and tires me. The pacifier on create a family has children with different hairstyles, so why do they always end up with the same ones in game? (for boys it's the hair that's so short it's almost shaved and for girls it's the short hair I'll try to include images) I know a lot of my Sims are the same in some families because of firstborn syndrome before I knew, but this happens in all my families and I want to know if something's wrong, or if this is supposed to happen and I'm just supposed to change the hairstyle later in the mirror. I don't have if hairstyles are supposed to be random on born children or if it's random. I've been looking for an answer for this for months, but my searches only show me information about firstborn syndrome.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Feb 2018 at 12:46 AM.
Which EPs do you have?

Up until one of them (can't remember which - possibly Nightlife, OFB or Pets - I know it happened with University, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen after Seasons), my sim kids nearly always got the same hairstyle. Had a bunch of girls running around with the short hairstyle called "Meg" or some such, even if I had several CC hairs. The boys used to switch between a couple of different. This changed at some point with one of the EPs, and now they can randomly get most hairstyles, even CC ones.

It most likely happens to the born-ingame sims because a lot of the original toddler EAxis hairs are linked to those 1-3 child styles that keep popping up. Since there aren't that many toddler hairs to choose from, the game keeps picking the same ones each time. Pre-whateverEPitwas, the game most often chose an original hairstyle, but post-whateverEPitwas, the game could choose between many more hairs since more were toddler enabled.
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:26 AM
I asked about hairs long ago in a past thread. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=480826
had just base game then.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM
Part of the problem is that there are just fewer hairstyles for kids than there are for adults. Quite a few of the adult hairs have the same hair as each other for the kid stage. Approx 22 kids against approx 85 adults by a quick count in BS (not counting the different variants of the same style).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM
It's random but the game doesn't have many hairs for kids. Most of us use a gazillion custom content hairs so we get those as well. Just change it at a mirror. Firstborn syndrome is a lot more than hair, it's the same sim cloned. So facial features, genetics, personality and hobby. The sim can be a male or female.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which EPs do you have?

Up until one of them (can't remember which - possibly Nightlife, OFB or Pets - I know it happened with University, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen after Seasons), my sim kids nearly always got the same hairstyle. Had a bunch of girls running around with the short hairstyle called "Meg" or some such, even if I had several CC hairs. The boys used to switch between a couple of different. This changed at some point with one of the EPs, and now they can randomly get most hairstyles, even CC ones.

It most likely happens to the born-ingame sims because a lot of the original toddler EAxis hairs are linked to those 1-3 child styles that keep popping up. Since there aren't that many toddler hairs to choose from, the game keeps picking the same ones each time. Pre-whateverEPitwas, the game most often chose an original hairstyle, but post-whateverEPitwas, the game could choose between many more hairs since more were toddler enabled.

Thank you so much ^_^

I have all expansions up to pets (besides the Christmas party pack or whatever I'm skipping it)

I'm planning on adding more expansions soon tho so hopefully that happens soon ^_^

(I didn't even think about it being because of the limited toddler hairstyles but that could well be it)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It's random but the game doesn't have many hairs for kids. Most of us use a gazillion custom content hairs so we get those as well. Just change it at a mirror. Firstborn syndrome is a lot more than hair, it's the same sim cloned. So facial features, genetics, personality and hobby. The sim can be a male or female.

I know that firstborn syndrome is more than hair, I just worried if I made this post someone might say it was because of that even though in this case I know it's not. Thank you though ^_^