Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 10:22 AM
Default Where to see the Lot-ID in a World?
So, yeah. I'm still (very) new to modding, and now I'm stuck at one thing, find a Lot-ID (the 0x0000...). Where can I see Lot-ID for all worlds?

I felt stupid...
^_^

Hey there! :)
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 10:52 AM
Please be a bit more specific. In what context do you wanne see the lot ids?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 11:07 AM
To fix some auto-placement. I know there's anak_ponti's mod to fix EP2 lot auto-placement, but I have some other places that I think are more, appropriate, to those lots. So, I want to see the lot id in Sunset Valley. I want to know the lot id of this empty lot, or this City Hall lot, or etc.
Where can I find it?

#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
I want to know the lot id of this empty lot, or this City Hall lot, or etc. Where can I find it?
LotId is an internal field of the Lot class which is not supposed to be seen with vanilla means. You can access it with a scripting mod, but the context matters. It's easy in live mode, kinda difficult in build mode and probably seriously painful in edit town mode. Whether a lot is empty or not, matters as well.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:05 PM
So, how?

#6 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 6:20 PM
First, learn script modding. Then we can talk about specifics unless you can see how to do it on your own then.

Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 5:18 AM
I know it's been 12 years, but I found an actually working method:

1) Install NRaas Debug Enabler (a mod).
2) Enter a world.
3) Be in Live Mode (which means that brand new saves/worlds need to pick a household for this).
4) There should be at least 1 item on the lot (Don't worry, this won't change the ID), for instance one wall.
5) Zoom out, click on the map icon of the lot > NRaas > Debug Enabler > Options: > Show Lot Id.

Certainly much easier than various other guides I found online, most of which involved CAW and UNKN stuff that wasn't anywhere close to working.