Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:44 PM
Default Bodyshop Project not showing up once complete?
I'm trying to create tattoos for a skintone I have in game. I saved the skintone as my projects in Body Shop and opened it up in GIMP and proceeded to add my tattoos I had in mind and saved.
However its not showing up in Body Shop even after I refresh or close out Body Shop and re-open. Am I saving under the wrong place? I saved it exactly where I pulled it up from in my Projects folder. I also made sure that all my layers had been merged in case that was the problem as well.

I am stumped and this is my first try at attempting it, help a newbie out?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:24 PM
So after making changes, the tattoos don't show up, but the skintone still works? You don't have a floating head or anything, just no tattoos?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:28 PM
Are you saving as a bitmap? If not, Body Shop won't recognize it. (I have heard about problems with saving files in The GIMP and having them work in Body Shop. It's something about The GIMP's bitmap format itself. If at all possible, can you try saving the file using another graphics program? If it works, then you'll know it's an issue with The GIMP.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Morgenichole : 5th Mar 2015 at 10:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
So after making changes, the tattoos don't show up, but the skintone still works? You don't have a floating head or anything, just no tattoos?

I have managed to get the tattoo to appear now! Apparently there was a GIMP file in my folder and it wasn't registering even though the real file was saved as a .bmp (thank you for saying that may be the problem)
Now my problem is that from the head down my skintone has a blue tint almost like when your under a blacklight.
Happen to know a fix for that?

EDIT: Apparently GIMP also has a tendency to cause the blue I'm seeing, simply saving the file in PAINT worked and resolved my issues.
Thank you all!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morgenichole
I have managed to get the tattoo to appear now! Apparently there was a GIMP file in my folder and it wasn't registering even though the real file was saved as a .bmp (thank you for saying that may be the problem)
Now my problem is that from the head down my skintone has a blue tint almost like when your under a blacklight.
Happen to know a fix for that?

EDIT: Apparently GIMP also has a tendency to cause the blue I'm seeing, simply saving the file in PAINT worked and resolved my issues. .
Thank you all!
I wanna ask you as which version of the gimp you are using? If the newest version then, I had blue appearing on my project so I ditched the new version for the old gimp. I am using gimp 2.6.11 and apart from time to time crashing caused by window7 incompatability , it works fine.