Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:19 AM
Default delete "effects" from objects?
I don't have any picture right now, but I will try to put one later. I have scrapped multiple projects that involve cloning computers or ovens because I have no idea how to remove the extra effects, I mean, the small LED lights of the computer, or the red "gas" from the ovens...

This is what I mean:

picture credit to pickyvegan

Is there any way to change and/or delete such effects from my clone... or do I have to edit my mesh to fit with EA's effects?

Any help appreciated!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:34 AM
Uhm. I guess the RSLT has one or more slots for the special effects. You can try to delete it or move it inside the oven to hide it.
_RIG too may mention them, but I'd try with the RSLT only,
Not sure if this is completely safe: if you delete a slot and the game can't find it anymore it may be a problem.

If you import both the mesh and the .slot file into blender you can see exactly where the slots are placed
(if you can't guess it from the coordinates).

Usually special effects are triggered by animations, but I guess you don't want to make a custom animation
or override the existing one (or you will remove the effect even from normal ovens).

I'd like to know how it goes if you experiment with this.