Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:23 PM
Default Non-default recolors of trees, please?
Hello!
I'm trying to edit the Lunar Lakes plants to be different non-default colors (I wish I could just extract the stinking mesh and make it regular decor; thanks a lot stoopid EA, stoopid SpeedTree) and I'm having nothing but problems.

Good news? I made something!
Bad news? It's ALL BLACK in game.

I am not surprised; I have no clue what I'm doing in S3PE (other than embarrassing myself).

I tried replacing the instance IDs and Hex Editing the _SPT so the edited textures wouldn't mess with EA's default ones, and EA's tree is fine in game, so I guess I at least got that right at least.

Only problem is that my edit looks like something from the mouth of hell.

What did I DO, please?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_TreeFantasyMurfroom_A4C0CF25.zip (850.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:31 PM
Okay, I was told to leave the Instance ID numbers the freak ALONE -- ROUND TWO: I'll tell y'all how it goes. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:16 PM
It didn't work. *whimpers*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:44 PM
Hey , it's really difficult to do all the hex code thingie. You should grab a copy of speedtree cad 4.2.

Then you save your texture as .dds and .tga with the exact same name (texture.dds and texture.tga for example). You extract the _spt from the cloned package, rename the end of the file (.tree) to .spt. And open it in speedtree. Then you load the .tga texture into the texture field under global (diffuse). Could you see your texture on the tree? Okay - then save the spt.

Now open your package in S3PE and insert the .spt file you just saved (it should replace the old one). Now you just have to insert the .dds file in your package - as type you have to choose IMG. Type in the name without the file ending (texture) and hit FNV64. That should change the instance id.
You should mark the old texture as deleted and save the package.
Ready!

Keep in mind that you will have to create new billboards, otherwise you see the old tree (as it uses the old trees billboard texture) when you zoom out.

Im not a native speaker
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 1:42 PM
AH! So if I can fix the hex coding that will fix the problem? (I knew I did something wrong there; it felt too easy )
(Also, what billboards, please?)

Is there a way to do this without Speedtree? Since I don't have it. :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
AH! So if I can fix the hex coding that will fix the problem? (I knew I did something wrong there; it felt too easy )
(Also, what billboards, please?)

Is there a way to do this without Speedtree? Since I don't have it. :P

I didn't got the results I wanted when I tried it without speedtree. But if you say exactly which tree you want to change I can upload a copy and you just change the textures.

Im not a native speaker
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:33 AM
Really? Thank you!

It's the 4 fantasy trees:
TreeFantasyAcacia
TreeFantasyMushroom
TreeFantasyShrub
TreeFantasySpikes

It's really the daggone Mushroom tree and Shrub I want more than anything -- the Spikes tree sort of scares me.

Is there a way the trees can be extracted/recloned as regular plant decor instead of fancypants trees? So we can have fully recolorable fantasy trees? They wouldn't have the swaying effect or the automatic resize spawn thing, of course, but at least we would be free to make them whatever colors we wanted in CASt. As well as using OMSP resizers to make them however big or small we see fit.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Really? Thank you!

It's the 4 fantasy trees:
TreeFantasyAcacia
TreeFantasyMushroom
TreeFantasyShrub
TreeFantasySpikes

It's really the daggone Mushroom tree and Shrub I want more than anything -- the Spikes tree sort of scares me.

Is there a way the trees can be extracted/recloned as regular plant decor instead of fancypants trees? So we can have fully recolorable fantasy trees? They wouldn't have the swaying effect or the automatic resize spawn thing, of course, but at least we would be free to make them whatever colors we wanted in CASt. As well as using OMSP resizers to make them however big or small we see fit.

Sorry that it took me so long to answer you, I'm currently semi active in the sims community.

To your question: I don't know if it's possible, because the speedtrees have no "real" meshes. They don't work like normal meshes. But even if it's possible I don't know how to do it - I never edited or created a mesh and know nothing about it.

(I upload the trees when I'm done )

Im not a native speaker