1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8901 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:08 AM
Only thing I can't think of for vampires is this. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=362469
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8902 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 10:12 AM
Oooh, I just thought of one for people with teen pregnancy enabling mods! I was thinking, what about a new fear, if that's possible? A parent could have the fear '[INSERT TEEN OFFSPRING HERE] has a baby'. I don't know if new fears/wishes are possible, but it could be good!

edit: or a negative grandparent memory!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#8903 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:50 PM
An extracted "Do not disturb" dorm sign that can be placed on any door and force them to be in locked state, functioning even/exclusively in unowned community lots.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#8904 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:14 PM
I thought of two mods...but it's probably impossible to make them.

One is crying at the bed mod. Sims like to ponder things while relaxing on the bed, but it seems like they are not thinking about what have happened to themselves. All they think is toys and clouds.
But with this mod, sims can think about their past memories such as wetting themselves, fighting with someone, holding a successful party and etc... while doing this, their face expression can turn sad/happy/disgusted...
Higher chance if the memory is the recent one and has heavier influence. So sims with more ups-and-downs in the lifetime would be more expressive than sims with normal(or dull?) memories. Probably Olive Spector/Lilith Pleasant would won at this game. LOL...
I also think crying under blanket just as ts4 would be fun if it can be implemented. I don't think it is possible though.

The other one is a mod that makes playing teens more fun: Puberty change(Yes, I am thinking ts4). Even though I know teens look and act like they are more "teens" than ts4's, because ts2's teens are emotional, excitable and always laughing/complaining, but I think the puberty in ts4 is very fun to play with. A teen who comes from hell(annoy parents/friends around), a teen who always complains/sighs and...I don't know...what else?
This mod could probably be a good match with the former mod, cause it brings out more drama!
I know there is midlife crisis mod for ts2 but no puberty!

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#8905 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:28 AM
More options for PlantSims... while they're more thought-out than Aliens certainly (and arguably Bigfoots too), PlantSims have always felt like an afterthought to me... and they could be so much more! For starters, they don't really have any negative options beyond the pollen cloud (only mildly irritating), which seems pretty lackluster for a nature spirit... Why not have them be able to summon a swarm of bees to attack another Sim? Or conjure up bad weather on command? If PlantSims could incorporate more of the features of Spriggans from Skyrim, I think that'd be a step in the right direction. And they could have more fun environment effects too... patches of flowers randomly appearing on a lot after they'd lived there for a while, increased butterfly / firefly appearances, etc.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#8906 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:35 AM
Since dorms can have "apartments" and at the same time workable community lot businesses (like this amazing lot http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=309673), why can't apartments have the same thing?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#8907 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 11:47 AM
@SciBirg http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=352602

Forum Resident
#8908 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
More options for PlantSims...

That's true! Wouldn't it have been a neat effect if their aspiration meter would affect plants on the lot? A platinum plantsim would boost the plants' health, while a plantsim in the red would have a detrimental effect. Maybe not taking PERFECT plants and making them moosh, but a small tweak to their status. Incentive for keeping your plantsim happy.

Maybe replace the "joy buzzer" prank with a "poison ivy" prank... They go up, shake a sim's hand, and that sim starts itching. And, i always thought it'd be funny if, every few days, their "hair" would go a bit wild, and they'd have to "trim", like the shrubs on a lot. hahaha... how funny would that be? the gardener with some hedge clippers, tending your plantsim's head. haha!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8909 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
That's true! Wouldn't it have been a neat effect if their aspiration meter would affect plants on the lot? A platinum plantsim would boost the plants' health, while a plantsim in the red would have a detrimental effect. Maybe not taking PERFECT plants and making them moosh, but a small tweak to their status. Incentive for keeping your plantsim happy.

Maybe replace the "joy buzzer" prank with a "poison ivy" prank... They go up, shake a sim's hand, and that sim starts itching. And, i always thought it'd be funny if, every few days, their "hair" would go a bit wild, and they'd have to "trim", like the shrubs on a lot. hahaha... how funny would that be? the gardener with some hedge clippers, tending your plantsim's head. haha!

-gE
>=)

Definitely true... some sort of area effect like that is definitely called for. I also love the 'poison ivy' idea! As for their hair, the thing I'd have most loved to see (and that I'm pretty sure lots of other people would too, since I know I've heard it mentioned before) would be seasonal changes... short, flower-strewn 'hair' in spring, a full, lush tapestry of greenery in the summer, fall colors and shorter in autumn, and maybe a spiky and very minimal 'stick' hairdo in the winter when the leaves are off the trees? Something along those lines.

I wonder how many of these ideas would actually be doable...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#8910 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:23 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Sep 2018 at 6:27 PM.
Giving them the ability to revive withered flowers would be awesome. Maybe even include chore abilities, such as trimming bushes or/and pulling feed with a snap/wave of a finger/hand.

Oh, I would be grateful If somebody tweaked the management/interaction between a cafeteria worker. Like asking him to lay off and leave the lot, instead of having to wait until (s)he gets the hint they aren't needed anymore. There's a lot of whining and awkwardness between the playable sim that wanna earn a buck and the spawned cafeteria worker.

Mad Poster
#8911 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
As for their hair, the thing I'd have most loved to see (and that I'm pretty sure lots of other people would too, since I know I've heard it mentioned before) would be seasonal changes... short, flower-strewn 'hair' in spring, a full, lush tapestry of greenery in the summer, fall colors and shorter in autumn, and maybe a spiky and very minimal 'stick' hairdo in the winter when the leaves are off the trees? Something along those lines.

I wonder how many of these ideas would actually be doable...

==
I have seen (but can't find) a mod that makes their hair change with seasons. Not as elaborate as you talked about, just the color. But I found one I like better; it doesn't change color, it's just beautiful.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#8912 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:52 PM
I would like a story progression mod as I have a really big uberhood. With that I'd love an instant replay for major events. "Goopy and Mrs Crumplebottom? How did that happen? Roll that horrible bean footage!"
Mad Poster
#8913 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Only thing I can't think of for vampires is this. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=362469

What would be cool is if it were made to only be drunk by vampires, would be the only thing that is only stocked in the fridge for them alone, and that it would be autonomous as a drink for them, such as the Simslice beer is for others-plus it fills their hunger bar up until the next snack.

Plus what I'd love to see is the drink (in the download) were sellable. It is not, because it's a food, and normally food can't be extracted from a meal like that. You can buy the 'fake' six pack, but what's the use of that?

Kind of like what the actual show was based on-that 'TruBlood' was a synthetic replacement for human blood.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8914 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:30 PM
A mod that shows all three/five (respectively on what it's being searched on) job advertisements at once. And maybe, also even an interaction that allows you to pick one of the jobs that are available in the advertisement (perhaps a new interaction "Pick a job..." unlocks after browsing through, and from there you click one of the jobs displayed in pie menu as job names ("Career (level title)") or numbers that by the order the job is to define ("1st offer", "2nd offer", "3rd offer", etc.).

This hack would be useful in a scenario where you want to pick a job with higher wage in an instant or you have an idea to choose your sim out of a numerous few specific jobs one job based on the criteria which one is available at the day, without having to go through a second time (or worse, third If you got distracted and lose track of the available adverts) wasting few in-game before making up a decision. I don't think it would overpowered, because the limitation still remains that a set of adverts gives a random variation of different jobs per day. It would act as a forecast, so you don't have to go another round looking for the job with a higher wage or suitable choice than the one you skipped that popped (as for say) the second offer that got you halted, thinking that other remaining offers may have met your needs. (Apology If this doesn't make sense, my english broke during the moment wording the end conclusive sentence)

Scholar
#8915 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@SciBirg http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=352602

Doesn\t this require stacking of lots on top of each other?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#8916 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 6:12 PM
It requires changing the lot type.

Instructor
#8917 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg

No. You build your apartment lot as usual, but if you place the items listed in the download thread they will spawn the necessary NPCs and thus you will be able to properly interact with them, just like on regular community lots (some items require you to first changelotzoning community in order to have them visible). Other households won't be able to go there and shop, but apartment tenants will.

EDIT: This talk about community lots made me remember something which I wanted: being able to buy clothes from the H&M clothing table (? - don't really know the name). I actually thought we could, so when I installed the UC, I was quite disappointed to know that I still had to use the clothes rack.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8918 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg

That is what the mod is for, so that you don't have to stack.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8919 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:29 PM
The Science Research Station from Sims 3 University Life, or a modification of the Simsanto Biotech Station that will allow the sim to clone pets and sims, and even make children based on random genetic combinations of townies. These children wouldn't know their townie 'parents' and instead recognize their creators as parents.
Forum Resident
#8920 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:46 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 19th Sep 2018 at 2:22 AM. Reason: Correcting the Record
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
EDIT: This talk about community lots made me remember something which I wanted: being able to buy clothes from the H&M clothing table (? - don't really know the name). I actually thought we could, so when I installed the UC, I was quite disappointed to know that I still had to use the clothes rack.

I agree COMPLETELY!! ...and i'm shocked that no one has ever done it. I think i even suggested it when we had a theme on the topic. The H&M items, "Zecutine's Stack 'em High Display Table", as well as the "Zecutine's 'What a Steal' Wall Display" should've both been functional, for sims to shop... In other words, those objects TOTALLY should've functioned as clothing display racks. Wouldn't mind if they kept the sculpture function that allowed sims to just look at them and think about them as well.

I'm guessing the reason is, they didn't want to make H&M Stuff require OFB. But nevertheless, the programming should've been there, to detect if OFB was installed and adjust the packages accordingly. But why do it right, when you can do it hastily?

[EDIT]: You're absolutely right... OFB was not necessary for buying clothes. I believe it was BG, though i started out with Double Deluxe, so I could be wrong again!! However, I stand corrected... I haven't the foggiest idea why they made them sculptures, if buying clothes came standard.

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#8921 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:41 AM
You never needed OFB to buy clothes though.
Instructor
#8922 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 7:53 PM
Yes, which baffles me even more. We can buy clothes starting with BG, so why couldn't they make the H&M items like that? It just makes no sense, IMO. They would make for great-lloking clothes store, but if I am running an OFB slothes store, I don't want to waste that much money on decorative items. I wish I knew modding to make that.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#8923 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 11:22 PM
I also have another idea... doorstep babies. During the night, while all human sims are sleeping, there would be a chance of the gypsy matchmaker walking onto the lot carrying a baby or toddler. Said baby or toddler would be either a generated sim or a mix of two different townies, and would recognize one of the adults as the parent or if there is a couple in the house, they would be the new baby's parents. Would that work? Or maybe an object could be delivered - one that looks like a basket and would be opened like Mr. Humble's gift - and generate a new baby or toddler. Maybe it could include a couple of items like a stuffed toy, potty chair, or toddler toys.
Forum Resident
#8924 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 11:30 PM
You're kinda obsessing over gift-babies a little bit... it's creepin'!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8925 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
You're kinda obsessing over gift-babies a little bit... it's creepin'!

-gE
>=)

Says the person who is obsessing over me. Creepo. :D
Page 357 of 580