Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:11 PM
Time travel. There should be a time period expansion pack, where it swaps out roads/vehicles/ everything for a time period.

So let's say you have Roman, Medieval and Victorian. (In the places you travel to it would have whatever is appropriate for there), it would replace the default cars on the screen and neighbourhoods with chariots or wagons or whatever, as well as carpool/bus. There would be 1 or 2 buyable ones for your play.
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:31 PM
Playing football, cos I wanna make a John Terry Sim.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#103 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:59 PM
Sims can use the craftsman table to make a fake pregnant belly that can be used to:
1. test or scare away a bad relationship
2. prank parents and kids
3. shoplift or smuggle food
Test Subject
#104 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:16 PM
Pet llamas!!!!!
Scholar
#105 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:58 PM
- A CASt that is more efficient and makes more sense then how it works in TS3. Because I am confident that this can be made a lot more efficient and less performance hungry.

For example, in TS3 when you click an object with the pattern tool, it does not just show the used patterns on the object, but it always loads all patterns from the same category of the first pattern. No matter if you want to even use those. Which makes it so unnecessary slow to use. I also suspect it has a memory leak or some bloating way of using cache files.This is also very noticable if you move your pattern tool over different objects ingame. What does it load already? Why does it even load anything from an object that you don't click when you hover over it? It should just be a pointer untill you click something.
I have a fast pc now and everything (except Isla Paradiso for some reason) works very snappy. This changes the moment I use the pattern tool for a long time in build mode. Until I switch back to live mode, then it becomes fast again. But the pattern tool can slow my pc down to a crawl and not even in a consistent way. I suspect that there is something seriously wrong with that function.
Instructor
#106 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:37 AM
Honestly, it should include what we had before it presumes to go after what we hadn't.

If you included everything from the last 3 games in Sims 4 you'd have a very complete life simulator. Making other stuff up seems beside the point.

5 traits
Zodiac Sign
Favourites
Turn Ons/Offs
Life Goals as Distinct from Aspirations
The Superior Traits from Sims 3
The Superior Autonomy of Sims 3
The Superior Animation of Sims 2
The Open World of Sims 3
The Memory System from Sims 2
A create a sim with options from Sims 3 (I hate how I can't make genuinely fugly sims in Sims 4 without them looking like cartoon characters)
ALL THE CLOTHING AND ITEM DESIGNS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES INCLUDING THE FIRST SIMS UPDATED FOR TODAYS 3D GRAPHICS.
ALL TOWNS.
Horses
Womrats
Wolves
Deer
Bears
Seasons
Better time I can't tell if Sims 4 goes by too fast or too slow but I don't like the Day night cycle in that game.
Zombies
Werewolves
Vampires
Better Plantsims
Fairies
Servo
Simbots AND Plumbots (you can never have too many robots)
Better Aliens
Better Science (Seriously chemistry in Sims 4 is lame)
That Victorian Old lady that attacks people.
Emit Relevart
Sims medieval but IN the main series rather than it's own thing
Sims stories but IN the main game rather than it's own thing.
World Adventures
...eh you get the idea...why add new things when the things that worked before would probably work even better all together?

Edit: Then again none of the games have really done THAT used the ideas from before to just make the best most complete most free and open life simulator ever. So maybe that would count as the thing we've never actually had before?
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:18 AM
"Victorian Old lady that attacks people" = Mrs. Crumplebottom.
Instructor
#108 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:48 PM
Proper funerals as a social event-option. And graveyards. Sims should show up dressed in black and act serious.
Sims should get drunk from hanging in bars. There should be some (negative) consequenses from drinking like they do,lol.
I´d like to see a whole new set of careers. Everything from jobless to priest,lawyer,psychologist, accountant etc. Not just the usual ones. More variety,more realism.If there is a criminal career and a police career,there should also be prisons.
There should be an option to "go to school" and interact there, like in the GTW.
I like the club-system. But it could have more filters. Like gender.
Basically more options and filters overall, like who can go where and do what.
More secret worlds and more actual game-challenges for variety (if one chooses to play them). Sixam is very cool,there should be more places like that to explore.
Livable vacation-hoods and less restrictions.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:21 PM
Multitasking should be really improved upon and expanded more. I haven't played with TS4, but there isn't anything much of a focus of multitasking It really needs, because there's little of a new addition put it there. I usually get annoyed in TS2 that my sim has to do very-focused-required task while that other poor person standing trying to initiate a social interaction but fails as the other pre-occupied. A simple example would be like (though haven't dwell into If it's a thing in TS4) a sim is liking water whilst dog wants to sniff a sim but can't (happens in TS2). How about talking on a phone, while holding a baby on another and sitting together with all those on a sofa.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Multitasking should be really improved upon and expanded more. I haven't played with TS4, but there isn't anything much of a focus of multitasking It really needs, because there's little of a new addition put it there. I usually get annoyed in TS2 that my sim has to do very-focused-required task while that other poor person standing trying to initiate a social interaction but fails as the other pre-occupied. A simple example would be like (though haven't dwell into If it's a thing in TS4) a sim is liking water whilst dog wants to sniff a sim but can't (happens in TS2). How about talking on a phone, while holding a baby on another and sitting together with all those on a sofa.

IMO nearly everything should be multitasked- maybe by separating out animations into shorter segments (i.e. your sim should be able to eat and use the computer between bites), and separating more animations into upper body & lower body animations so it doesn`t matter what position your sim is in when they perform some action.
Scholar
#111 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:25 PM

I have to admit that in TS4 it works so smoothly most of the times, that you kind of forget about it and take it for granted. It feels more natural. You notice this when you go back to TS3 (or TS2 for that matter). This is one feature in TS4 that should really stay. It only can become a problem with eating as far as I know, because it makes eating very slow. (So we should be thankful that no one comes for a chat while your sim is in the shower :p).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#112 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I have to admit that in TS4 it works so smoothly most of the times, that you kind of forget about it and take it for granted. It feels more natural. You notice this when you go back to TS3 (or TS2 for that matter). This is one feature in TS4 that should really stay. It only can become a problem with eating as far as I know, because it makes eating very slow. (So we should be thankful that no one comes for a chat while your sim is in the shower :p).

Can you give out an example, because I'm really curious how that system sort of works and I know only little of it. What is/makes it natural and smooth as you post it? Where is the rough transition when you switch it from-to? You hardly can't find animation about it on the internet.
Scholar
#113 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:37 PM
Can you give out an example, because I'm really curious how that system sort of works and I know only little of it. What is/makes it natural and smooth as you post it? Where is the rough transition when you switch it from-to? You hardly can't find animation about it on the internet.

I can think of some examples:

Chatting and eating at the same time (granted it slows eating down, but I use a Faster Eating and Drinking mod again, so it's not as bad)
Drinking while using the computer (like coffee or tea, and this looks really natural)
Sims can read a book and chat at the same time, same for using a tablet

Those are just a few, but once you get used to the multitasking, you really notice it's missing when you try playing Sims 3. I haven't played Sims 3 in a couple of years, and the last time I tried, it felt so stiff I hated it. People say a lot of things that aren't good about Sims 4, but the Sims definitely seem more life-life to me than they do in Sims 3. I don't have enough experience with Sims 2 to judge the difference with it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#114 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

Though I agree wholeheartedly we need a pre-teen stage. That jump from 8 to 18 is not subtle... There's a lot that happens to a person in between. Those ten missing years are really important!

I prefer gradual growth or preset heights. Pre-teens is... an odd lifestage in gameplay.
Scholar
#115 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:14 AM
maybe bring stuff such as pottery back BUT if they make plates or something they actually use them when they eat

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#116 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
That would be brilliant. A household that create such an item would replace the default plates in there.
Theorist
#117 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
It goes a bit against current ideas in the video game industry, but I think that rather than trying to reinvent the wheel they should look at what worked in the last installments and try to combine that for Sims 5.

Take Sims personalities... the point system from 1/2 is limited, the five traits from 3 were limited, the 3 traits from Sims 4 are ridiculous. So I'd find it best if they combine the two systems. The points for the basic stuff (nice/mean outgoing/shy meat/messy active/lazy playful/serious) and 5 traits to further customize and individualize a Sim's character (Loves Outdoors, Commitment Issues, Bookworm etc)
Take the neighbourhood...no matter the system of 2, 3 or the half cooked pseudo-hybrid that is 4, you aren't gonna make the whole fanbase happy. So let us choose whether we want our safegames, neighbourhoods/towns and families to behave like in 2 or 3. Let us have game modes.
Take the colourwheel...it offered a lot of possibilities but did away with genetics and made the game slower for many users. So combine it with bodyshop. Let the player still use it in CAS and the build/buy mode, but now it actually creates recolours that are saved in a sub folder, saving the game the trouble of constructing the textures all the time. To restore the genetics the game could allow us to designate hair and eye colours we have saved as either recessive or dominant.
Scholar
#118 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:45 AM
maybe we can have:
miscarriages or abortions in game (most likely not sims its mostly a game for kids)
foster care
a world filled entirely with aliens
we see the future of all the hoods/worlds
sim gets tired more easily if they are fat
sims can become homeless
teen or elder pregnancy
an aging sytem we can all agree with (i mean for instance instead of some people counting a year as a day and others counting a week as a year we all have an aging system we agree with)
sims to live longer (10 days is not enough!)
sims can get a suspicion that they are marrying a gold digger
rich sims are less likely to know poor people

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#119 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl

Eh no, that's never been my experience at all, if anything multitasking always seems to mean the Sim does multiple things I don't want them to do instead of the one thing I want them to. And never in anyway that adds character or personality or stakes to the sims but just more in a the programmer was lazy and it shows kind of way.

Though I guess having the Sim hold two implied alchoholic drinks and drink out of both in turn is kind of funny.
Scholar
#120 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I can think of some examples:

Chatting and eating at the same time (granted it slows eating down, but I use a Faster Eating and Drinking mod again, so it's not as bad)
Drinking while using the computer (like coffee or tea, and this looks really natural)
Sims can read a book and chat at the same time, same for using a tablet

Those are just a few, but once you get used to the multitasking, you really notice it's missing when you try playing Sims 3. I haven't played Sims 3 in a couple of years, and the last time I tried, it felt so stiff I hated it. People say a lot of things that aren't good about Sims 4, but the Sims definitely seem more life-life to me than they do in Sims 3. I don't have enough experience with Sims 2 to judge the difference with it.

Also walking up to someone who is doing exercises, painting etc to chat while they are eating and standing next to you.

But although that multitasking is awesome, the reason why it is not enough, is because of how emotions work in TS4. TS3 traits make sims behave very different, but in TS4 traits get overshadowed by the emotions. And when using emotional auras they all become the same. So for the next installment I really hope they get rid (or at least severly tone down) emotions and use TS3 style traits and TS4 style multitasking (dont remember much from TS2, except that I liked OFB a lot :p).
Theorist
#121 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
an aging sytem we can all agree with (i mean for instance instead of some people counting a year as a day and others counting a week as a year we all have an aging system we agree with)

That will never happen. The ages are adjustable (with mods in Sims 2 and without in Sims 3/4) and that's the best option they can possibly give us. It would't quite be fair by EA to say something like "one Sim week is a year" and force people like me, who enjoy following a families across the generations to play Sims for that excruciatingly long, or to force those people who enjoy to have their Sims around for ages to have that time cut short just to stratify some people getting a bit obsessive about what makes a "Sim year".
It's not needed.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:23 PM
Not sure if this has been said but: A gradual aging system would be something that I would like to see in The Sims. With sims growing in height gradually. This could open the potential for a height slider too. No matter what the "gurus" say this is TOTALLY possible with the technology we have now, and would not require different animations for all heights. (Just look up procedural animation.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:18 PM
Kind of the like the mod from here that makes sims grow and hair get grayer gradually in TS3.

I would like to vast amount of customization of story progression, with loads check marks for what and any kind of sim and what they can and cannot. Ranging from whether sims get married, get turn into supernaturals, will they adopt or procreate or both, how many members within each age max can an house be populated too, ect and ect.

We got houseboats in TS3, so why not take it further with first-class private planes and trains/campervans.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:53 PM
We got houseboats in TS3, so why not take it further with first-class private planes and trains/campervans.

That would be interesting- maybe they would exist almost as a hidden lot that you could customize the interior of.
Theorist
#125 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:15 PM
Low violence gangs that can be observed doing:

pointing, double-pointing
light shoving
dumping salad on someone's head
medium head bonk
vague threats
switchblade combing
chewing gum and sticking it on side of public garbage receptacle, which is illegal
interrogation by danger of pinching
Page 5 of 7