Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 9:07 PM
Default PLEASE HELP with Getting Rid of Pattern/Transparency Issues
(I posted the same thing on TSR) I'm trying to make these as functional wands. In addition to have some of the faces on the underside of the wands invisible due to needing a double sided material, I can't get rid of the yellow pattern left from the elegant wand. It shows up where the alpha is supposed to not be visible.

The invisible faces might be fixable by me later but I just really need help getting rid of the pattern and keeping my transparency. Thanks so much in advanced.
Screenshots

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 9:26 PM
First make sure your alpha channel looks like this: (I made it for myself as reminder, but I guess other people can get good use for it)

So the thing that a lot of people do is not making the black area black, or they switch colours. And believe me, even the best CC creators sometimes do this wrong as well. Make sure you apply it like this in the Multiplier texture.

For overlays however (but then we're talking about plants actually) You'll need to make the part you want to be visible on the overlay, white and the rest black, like done here:

Hope this was helpful! It definitly is for me to have some reminder to know what to do with overlayers and multipliers. I'm not sure if you're actually using a overlayer at all, but if you don't, the multiplier way will help you out as well. ^-^

EDIT: Also with the mask file, make sure that the area around the wings are Black in your mask texture (NOT IN THE ALPHA CHANNEL), so the game won't read that part as a channel as well!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 10:43 PM
That worked! I didn't apply the multiplier. Silly me. Thank you so much!!!

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads