Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 11:39 AM Last edited by annieover : 29th Mar 2016 at 11:59 AM.
Default Fences Greyed Out In TSRW (Cannot Clone)
Good morning,

I have the latest TSR Workshop update program installed on my computer.
When I go to clone a "fence", all the fences are greyed out and I cannot "clone" any of them. I, in the past have been able to clone fences before, however with the new updated version of TSRW, I no longer can clone any fence type. Is this normal? Is there a work around? Where do I find previous TSRW version downloads?

My computer is a PC
I have set my preference folders accordingly (I hope)
I can clone any other item from the Sims 3 game except fences O.o

Your help would be greatly appreciated concerning this issue.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:02 PM
The latest version of TSRW seems to be either broken, or corrupts certain files, or just simply can't share any settings for the sims 4 and the sims 3 together. TSRW still didn't manage after at least 6 months to make it work properly. Now you can use the latest version of TSRW for retexturing things, etc. But this doesn't work out for creators like me, and probably you as well.
I do have a older version on my Tumblr blog, but I have never tried making fences although, the only issue it has is the stretched out floors. That's all I can think off. But it should work for you, because it works great for my usage ^-^

http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 11:49 AM Last edited by annieover : 30th Mar 2016 at 12:16 PM.
Good morning,
Well that is a true bummer
Thank you very much for the quick response, the help and the link to a less broken TSRW xD

Previous updates still leave fences greyed out Any idea as to why this is happening?
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 6:43 PM
Is it just editing the textures? Because else I can recommend using S3OC instead! it can get a bit difficult if you also want to change the mesh, but it's also possible ^-^
#5 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 2:54 PM
You could also use S3OC to get the fence into TSRW. Clone your fence in S3OC, then Open TSRW.

Just Select New Project-> New Import. Change the file type from .wrk to .package. Navigate to where you cloned the fence from S3OC and select it.

If you're making a new fence, could you shoot me a PM? I've been working on the snow settings on fences and have hit a bit of a wall and would love someone else to consult.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 10:58 PM
I've tried using S3OC and S3PE to create fences (replacing EA mesh with my mesh) and it crashes my game.
I've also tried importing the package file from S3OC as well however it crashes my launcher when I try to install the exported Sims3Pack.
Its like all my meshes are corrupt however yet EA says my game and files are just fine. Its so bizarre O.o
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:27 AM
What happens when you convert the Sims3Pack to a package?
What program are you using to make your mesh?

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShakespearesSunshyne
What happens when you convert the Sims3Pack to a package?
What program are you using to make your mesh?

When it comes to TSRW, it doesn't matter if you use Sims3Packs or Packages to clone it into TSRW.

This is the only version of TSRW I could find before TS4 and TS3 were merged together, so it might work out. So far I know, this update doesn't involve stretched walls, floors, weird transparency issues, etc. And I suppose it won't experience the greyed out fences.

http://zauma.tumblr.com/post/123901...r-workshop-help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:15 PM
I do not convert any Sims3Pack to Package O.o
I extract the package file from S3OC and import it into TSRW

I use 3Ds MAX to create my mesh, then import it into Milkshape where I clean it up, rename it and export it as WSO

I can create any other mesh i.e clothing, horse tack and accessories, deco items, etc with no trouble whatsoever. Its only the fences that give me grief

I tried many previous TSRW versions and still the fences are greyed out O.o
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:35 PM
So let me get this straight, this greyed out effect, it's on all Fences you clone? Even if you would open a sims3pack/package file in TSRW?

Edit: it seems that people who uses Windows 10 have issues with TSRW. which version of Windows do you use?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:42 AM
gah! (haha) I use Windows 10 however this also happens to me with my Windows 7 Desktop as well.

All base fences in TSR are greyed out. I cannot clone any fence in TSR
Virtual gardener
#12 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:57 PM
I'm really running out of suggestions >-< It just seems that TSRW doesn't load the textures, or something got corrupted. What if you just clone the fence from TSRW itself and see what happens? I'm not sure if you tried that already.
Virtual gardener
#13 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I'm really running out of suggestions >-< It just seems that TSRW doesn't load the textures, or something got corrupted. What if you just clone the fence from TSRW itself and see what happens? I'm not sure if you tried that already.

I took a look at TSRW latest update info, and it seems that a bunch of stuff got fixed. Maybe you could try the latest version and see what it does? It doesn't work on CASparts sadly. Even though they described it in the update.