Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 2:44 AM
How can I 'open up' a outfit to show some chest
I'm using a lab coat as a base with one left as is and I've removed the tie on one preset and on another I'd like to 'remove' the undershirt (make it transparent I suppose) so you can see bare chest beneath it. How do I do that though?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 6:19 PM
In blender there is this shortcut where you point your mouse to the parts you like to be removed (the undershirt) and then use 'L' on your keyboard. Then you just press 'delete' or 'x' to delete that part. But i'm sure you'll need a ts3 male body, which you can find here on Modthesims.

Link to the body meshes: http://modthesims.info/t/411795

Just delete the parts that your mesh doesn't need and there you go! A opening to show the chest! ^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
In blender there is this shortcut where you point your mouse to the parts you like to be removed (the undershirt) and then use 'L' on your keyboard. Then you just press 'delete' or 'x' to delete that part. But i'm sure you'll need a ts3 male body, which you can find here on Modthesims.

Link to the body meshes: http://modthesims.info/t/411795

Just delete the parts that your mesh doesn't need and there you go! A opening to show the chest! ^-^

Only problem is I know from another program you need to extract the models and I have no idea about all that.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:06 PM
I take it you mean the lab jacket? In TSRW you could 'clone' it, and then in the mesh tab, click on the icon with the box with an arrow that points outwards. Make sure you save it as an Obj. and then you're ready to use it in Blender! ^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 7:53 PM
I take it you mean the lab jacket? In TSRW you could 'clone' it, and then in the mesh tab, click on the icon with the box with an arrow that points outwards. Make sure you save it as an Obj. and then you're ready to use it in Blender! ^-^

Yup, thats the one I mean. That sounds simple, but also from my knowledge of another program and its use of models wouldn't making it an obj. cause it to lose its bones or is that not a problem with sims?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 1:06 AM
Making an outfit into an .obj does cause it to lose its bones, so you'll need to keep an unaltered reference file to help you with bone re-assignments.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Making an outfit into an .obj does cause it to lose its bones, so you'll need to keep an unaltered reference file to help you with bone re-assignments.

Yup thats what I thought. So how do I give it its bones back in the workshop or in blender?
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 7:59 PM
You'll need Meshtoolkit. It's a simple tool that will add bones and morphs without needing more time to make all these morphs and assigning all these bones, in the hope that you did them correctly. So this program is really helpful!
You can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/481950

Usually when I mesh with Blender, I export my mesh as a obj, then import it into Milkshape 3D. There I fix the neck seams, use model cleaner, align normals, (if needed, edit the UV map, but I prefer Blender's UV mapping system). Then, if i'm done with doing this in milkshape, I export my mesh as a .WSO, which is a plugin that comes with TSRW.
The default path to it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Resource\TSR Workshop 1.72\Extras\Milkshape Plugins
Now you save your WSO file wherever you want on your computer, and open up TSRW (if you haven't). In your case, because it's a full body mesh. I would recommend to clone/choose a fullbody mesh. I bet you want one that doesn't come with 2 groups (which means you have to split your mesh in two) So I would use 'amBodyTuxedo_everyday'. If it loaded, go to the mesh tag, and export the mesh as a WSO. This is your reference mesh!

How does meshtoolkit work?

References are EA's mesh (in this case) and they already include the morphs and bones.
The wso mesh to modify is where your Mesh has to be, so MEshtoolkit knows which file the bones needs to be copied over. So:

- Wso mesh to modify: YOUR MESH
- Reference mesh: EXPORTED EA MESH

Then make sure you have "replace all bone assignments" clicked and "Do interpolation (Gives better results but may be slow)" Checked. Then you're ready to click the "Do Assignments and save" button!

Now the only thing you have to do is, where you can save the modified mesh that you just gave bones, a good place to save or replace it with your older mesh. Your mesh, I mean. (The one that didn't had bones yet)

Now you can import it into TSRW. ^-^

Let me know if you keep having issues with it ^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 10:59 AM
You'll need Meshtoolkit. It's a simple tool that will add bones and morphs without needing more time to make all these morphs and assigning all these bones, in the hope that you did them correctly. So this program is really helpful!
You can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/481950

Usually when I mesh with Blender, I export my mesh as a obj, then import it into Milkshape 3D. There I fix the neck seams, use model cleaner, align normals, (if needed, edit the UV map, but I prefer Blender's UV mapping system). Then, if i'm done with doing this in milkshape, I export my mesh as a .WSO, which is a plugin that comes with TSRW.
The default path to it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Resource\TSR Workshop 1.72\Extras\Milkshape Plugins
Now you save your WSO file wherever you want on your computer, and open up TSRW (if you haven't). In your case, because it's a full body mesh. I would recommend to clone/choose a fullbody mesh. I bet you want one that doesn't come with 2 groups (which means you have to split your mesh in two) So I would use 'amBodyTuxedo_everyday'. If it loaded, go to the mesh tag, and export the mesh as a WSO. This is your reference mesh!

How does meshtoolkit work?

References are EA's mesh (in this case) and they already include the morphs and bones.
The wso mesh to modify is where your Mesh has to be, so MEshtoolkit knows which file the bones needs to be copied over. So:

- Wso mesh to modify: YOUR MESH
- Reference mesh: EXPORTED EA MESH

Then make sure you have "replace all bone assignments" clicked and "Do interpolation (Gives better results but may be slow)" Checked. Then you're ready to click the "Do Assignments and save" button!

Now the only thing you have to do is, where you can save the modified mesh that you just gave bones, a good place to save or replace it with your older mesh. Your mesh, I mean. (The one that didn't had bones yet)

Now you can import it into TSRW. ^-^

Let me know if you keep having issues with it ^-^

I do have 1 more question before I even attempt it, is there a particular version of Blender I need? As I have to stick with an older version for my aforementioned program.
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 11:03 PM
I usually use the latest Blender, but any blender version is great! Just don't use the older ones (And with that I mean these from 2004) Sticking to the blender 2.6+ and 2.7+ is fine^-^
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:33 PM
Thats the problem my other program requires the use of an older model.
Virtual gardener
#12 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 5:02 PM
Hmm... what program do you mean? So far I know, you don't need a older model for Blender. Or, (which might sound really stupid, but I have done it before) Do you use Xnalara?
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:57 PM
Hmm... what program do you mean? So far I know, you don't need a older model for Blender. Or, (which might sound really stupid, but I have done it before) Do you use Xnalara?
Yes and the particularly models I'm most interested in only ha an extraction plug in that works on an older version hence why I say it requires the older version.