Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:22 AM
Default Sims 2 CFE Help
So I am building a winter lot and I really wanted to build a chair lift. I got the idea from a old CFE park on here. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=285327 See the 'ride' with the chairs. Only I can't think how they got those chairs into the air without using OMPS's. None of the OMPS's that I have will hold a chair either. So I guess either an OMPS that will hold a chair or what is the trick to get chairs in the air without one?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:44 AM
I believe it's been built with a floor up in the air with a floor and walls of fences. It might even have had real walls on the side. That means you make 2 watertowers like, The inner one being the base of the lift and that one will be kept, the outer one will shape the top of the lift and be removed later.

You just have to do it the right way. Put in the chairs before you wreck the hole thing by lowering the middle base. When you're happy you remove the unwanted supports.

... or? I will have to do it myself I think, but something like that. Perhaps the outer walls will then be in the way. In ts3 I would just possibly build a column on the side and use the terraintool to flatten the top if I needed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:00 PM
If we had a OMSP that took 2 tile objects I would simply use that, but for all our mods sims 2 only has OMPS's that take single tile objects. My seats are 2 tiles.

Placing the chairs on floor tiles and altering their height might work. Not sure if that's what you meant, but you gave me the idea, thanks. I can't see floor file in the one I linked to, but it could work for this or even an invisible floor file if I had to. Build the entire structure flat with the fence and chairs then lower them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If we had a OMSP that took 2 tile objects I would simply use that, but for all our mods sims 2 only has OMPS's that take single tile objects. My seats are 2 tiles.

Placing the chairs on floor tiles and altering their height might work. Not sure if that's what you meant, but you gave me the idea, thanks. I can't see floor file in the one I linked to, but it could work for this or even an invisible floor file if I had to. Build the entire structure flat with the fence and chairs then lower them.

hm ... no, not quite. You build a structure, and remove it later on. You can't see it in the picture, because it's been removed. You put the chairs on a floor you later remove, hopefully it will still stay there. I guess you have a moveobjects cheat in ts2? Sometimes if the tiles can't be removed, I put them on a grid without a tile, like 1 tile offset from your last tile or something?

The chairs you have, where is their footprint? Is it up in the air or down by the seat. Perhaps you build the hole thing yourself?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:12 PM
Yes I know that you remove the structure later on. except for the supports along the middle. Chair lifts (up a mountain)
have those along the centre. I won't be able to remove the two tiles under the chairs but I do have invisible floor tile. The footprint is right on the floor. I am having a go at it now, although I may have started too clsoe to the edge of the lot, does sims 3 have those 2 tile limitations near the edge, real pain in the butt.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#6 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
does sims 3 have those 2 tile limitations near the edge, real pain in the butt.

Yes it does. Give it a try and see how it turns out. I have to make some pizza. Perhaps I should by some chocolate cake mix later as well. I'll have to try'n give it more moisture than last time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:19 PM
I'll be working on it again today-since time zones meant I had to go to bed. The only thing I notice is my fence edge which had been nicely running right through the top of the chair (outdoor bench has a high pointy back) I could imagine the chair swaying a little where it was, has now dropped. Still isn't too bad as the chair has more cross pieces in the back but its now attached lower.

~Call me Jo~