Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1

by GunMod Posted 5th Nov 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:18 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

715 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 708 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 29
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 3:41 AM
This looks very good... I am glad that I am first to thank you and tell you that this will find a place in my games.

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 3:42 AM
As I said before, and will say again... Excellent work. Really makes the game more enjoyable and realistic. This will be a permanent change to my game. Thanks so much for the lighting effects that makes the Sims2 game so much better.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 3:55 AM
Great work. I love the first version, and by the looks of things the finished version is the icing on the cake. Thanks GunMod!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:01 AM
wow! wow! wow! OMG this is soo sweet! This is like wow i'm speach less..lol great job! :salute:

BTW i have a question will there be a hack coming out that will change the sky color?..just wondering

THX again this is sooooooooooo awesome!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starman4016
wow! wow! wow! OMG this is soo sweet! This is like wow i'm speach less..lol great job! :salute:

BTW i have a question will there be a hack coming out that will change the sky color?..just wondering

THX again this is sooooooooooo awesome!!!

Glad to make you happy
This is answered in the readme.
In short, no. The sky only supports 2 modes so it would
be back to two times of day and it would require reprogramming the
pixel shaders, which is a ton of work.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:06 AM
ohh sry...lol i wanted 2 see this mod soo bad that i only scimmed the read me
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:14 AM Last edited by skarlett1 : 5th Nov 2005 at 4:30 AM.
Thank you so much for this new feature! The first one worked fantastic but I will install this one. First I was confused as to what I should do with the original file but then logic kicked in and I realized the .exe would have been configured to overwrite it. Thanks again, you're great!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 4:39 AM
All I can say is....I'm speachless. Wow This is awesome. I love making sim movies, You know how awesome your lighting mods are going to be for movies. Think about horror movies, brilliant darkness. I love it.

Thnk you heaps.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:11 AM
Yay, I've been waiting for this to come out =) this mod really brings the game to life and helps set the right mood. Candle lit dinners can actually look candle lit >.<
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:14 AM
I had the original one installed and it made quite an impact on the game's realism. The dawn & dusk were quite a nice improvement instead of it just going from daylight to dark (or vice versa) in a few seconds. Not to mention the lighting effect on my lots! Stuck this one (unpacking the BackUpOrg file first) and an off to load the game.

BTW: Not that it's of any relevance, but I think I gave you Thanks #666.

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:27 AM
Thanks! Can't wait to try this out, the Screenshots are amazing!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:52 AM
Brilliant, thanks heaps.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 6:19 AM
Aw, thanks; It feels good to have helped out it some way! Thanks for mentioning me in the readme, this looks fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 6:37 AM
This looks very good, I don't usually download mods that alter the game so dramatically, but I know I'd regret passing this up

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#16 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:08 AM
Im afraid to install your hacks - cause the previous version made all my neighbourhood map "bloody covered" :D

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:25 AM
like carrot, i dont usually download mods or anything else really, but this is probobly the most excellent thing ive seen on this site. thanks. quick question though. in version one, the light bleeds from one room to adjacent rooms even through archways, but not in this version. why?
#18 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:29 AM
omg! this looks sweet! just one question/problem, i have a pretty basic computer and it's only got the stock graphics card and so forth, so will i get a slightly dodgy effect or will it still look like the screenshots?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:34 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm very happy with this, I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly, but from what I've seen so far, the game looks a lot better and performance hasn't been affected at all. Thank you very much for this ^_^

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 8:19 AM
ok i had the same thing happen to me that happend to Ailias ... the neighborhood had Red all over it, andthe roads dissapeared ... That part i liked, the no-roads looked neat in my midevil neighborhoods. but the red threw me off a bit. Im going to try this anyway, i Loved the way the houses looked when i loaded a lot. Didnt have the red then, only in neighborhood view. . Also ... i had a hack to view the whole neighborhood, dont know if the light mod combined with that would make the weird red glitch. Anyway ... i REALLY hope this one works on my game ... looks Great & Thanks for your hard work!

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 8:33 AM
It works beautifully in my game. Thanks!!!
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 8:48 AM
Holy crap. this is one hell of a mod! Time for realistic fps style shadows and specular highlights in the sims! I nominate this mod of the year! I have a medium end pc, so I'll test it and see if i experience any dire slow downs.

xD
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:07 AM
looks ace, ill download this one now i have the first one and this one is the completed file and looks awesome.
Instructor
#24 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:10 AM
Ok, after testing it out for a bit, i have to say that this mod is fantastic. No slow downs either. When my sim opened up the fridge to have a late night snack, the fridge lit up my kitchen and it was beautifully realistic. Oh also, the new NL neon lights look amazing! I'm just astonished at how nice the lighting in my game is now. I'm sure this took forever so thank you so much.

xD
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:16 AM
do i need to remove the first version? or do i leave that installed? i want to make sure just incase
Page 1 of 29