Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Hobbit Hole from the Shire.

by jmbgacy Posted 8th Jan 2006 at 2:07 AM

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:36 PM
Very nice! I have a lot of friends who are really enthusiastic about Lord of the Rings, and I know my Sims will love a trip to the Shire.

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:41 PM
That's amazing! If only I had the expansions so I could download...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:54 PM
Woohoo I am so excited about this! Thanks so much. I don't have the patience to attempt at building something like that but I thank you for the hardwork you put into it and thanks for sharing. Also, do I need to download all the above links for the meshes etc. or is it part of the download?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 10:15 PM
I forgot to say it but you have to download all the meshes, sorry! without I think it won't worked very well!
Thank you for your appreciations!

.(\_/).
(='.'=)
... (")-(") ...
Spéciale dédicace à la Grosse Lola!!! ;-)

Find my new creation on the great site LucentSims
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 12:06 AM
Thanks. It's really cute. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Inventor
#7 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 12:30 AM
You've done amazing work!

Thank you very much

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 12:55 AM
.....i love you....

"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest....thing"
"That rules you out then..."

Pimpin' my website: www.alienkie.deviantart.com
Instructor
#9 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 2:48 AM
Not bad, not bad! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:45 AM
gorgeous thanks ^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:48 AM
Really amazing job, I love it!!! Very, very cute ^_^. Mega thanx, this will look great in my town!

(\_/)(\__/)(\_/)
(O.o)(='.'=)(o.O)
(")(")(")_(")(")(")
Since the day I was born until the day I die, the only side I'm on is my own...
^_^Hahaha Suzuki San^_^
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:58 AM
This is great! Really nice job!
Inventor
#13 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 6:25 AM
It looks great. Perfect job. Thank you.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 11:20 AM
Wow! this is something diffrent,,never saw anything like this,,i think it looks so neat..

Thanks for sharing

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 1:51 PM
This is really beautiful! As a Tolkin fan I must have it! Thank you!!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 2:09 PM
This is grate! Love it.....but don't have EPs...

Is it so small a thing
To have enjoy'd the sun,
To have lived light in the spring,
To have loved, to have thought, to have done...

~~Find some of my stuff at www.simplysimsational.org~~
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 2:55 PM
Very creative. Well done!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:03 PM
Looks great! Thanks. It will go great with the other LOTR lots I've stashed away. (I'd like to have a LOTR/fantasy neighborhood.)
#19 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 7:25 PM
looks great will have to move in there
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:29 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 19th May 2006 at 5:09 AM. Reason: Signatures cannot exceed 4 lines.
I don't have Nightlife but this looks VERY, very good!

GREAT IDEA!!!

Please keep up all of the Fantasy sim-ming!!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 5:24 AM
Greetings

If you do not mind sharing, how did you do it? Was there a guide or tutorial you had to assist you, or did you figure it all out from scratch? In any case, would you mind sharing the knowledge? I mean don’t get me wrong, this looks great, but I for one would like to at least take a shot at a hole a little larger than one bed/one bath. This will be great for my single simmies, but I need to make sure I have some for my families too. I really do not want to have ticked off, jealous, mutant/werewolf/cenobite/alien/satyr/dragon/etc. families feeling left out because they cannot have hobbit holes for their very own. That might get a little messy.

Hmmm, now there is a thought. Corrupted, convoluted, gene pool going on a riotously murderous rampage! The dead walk and no one could care less. Hell, no one would even notice; just another attraction in the sideshow…

Well I am rambling now so I will stop. If you can help me out and give me some pointers in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I apologize for the rambling. It is 23:30 (11:30) here and I have been up since 04:00 this morning. Think I will say good night to you all now…

Happy Hunting
RF

Duty is heavier than a mountain - Death is lighter than a feather. The Wheel of Time

Pain is a blessing, anger is a gift

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new. Robert Service
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:59 AM
So I gonna reveal all my secrets!
I didn't find a tutorial for creating this house, but I used my imagination!
I was wondering how to create a house underground, with the Maxis tool in the game, it's impossible. So I used two technicals: building a house in a mountain, and covering the roof with the "moveObjects" code. The last part take a long long time!! (To be honest I spend 2 hours for covering all the roof.) Then I deformed the outlines to look like a hill. And here you have your hobbit hole!!
But in this explanation I din't mentioned all the details (maybe I can make a tutorial for that!LOL).
But if you really want a house for your family, I will see if I can make a bigger "hobbit hole".
For any other questions let me know!

.(\_/).
(='.'=)
... (")-(") ...
Spéciale dédicace à la Grosse Lola!!! ;-)

Find my new creation on the great site LucentSims
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:36 PM
i d/led it and didnt realize you needed NL for it until I clicked on it and it kept crashing my game >.< but I need to save money up so I can buy it cuz I absolutely love it
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 2:31 PM
It's wonderful!!!!^^
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 4:25 PM
AWW this IS PrEtTy COoL
THaNks !
:D
Page 1 of 2