Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 5:06 PM
and what this crap like ##0x5fe0587d! I dont understand this ? How I can read like that ?

I have succesful import my skintone beautiful but I cant find for default replace like S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 etc ?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 11:15 PM
The size of the defaults...
I have done succesfully a set of defaults, using .png -images and DXT3Format (supposedly smaller than DXT5Format?) but I end up with skin file with the size of 30Mb. What can I do to make these smaller?

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#28 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 11:53 PM
Use the tutorial I wrote on doing mixed-method defaults. Makes much much smaller defaults.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:56 AM
Default ???
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Use the tutorial I wrote on doing mixed-method defaults. Makes much much smaller defaults.

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm just a mere beginner with SimPE, and can't understand half of your tutorial... And english isn't my native language.

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:51 PM
Yikes. I end up with a 7mb skin! Is that normal?

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#31 Old 3rd May 2007 at 3:09 PM
Yup. Default replacement skins are hooj. Heck, even non-defaults range from 3-9 mb (bigger for darker ones). Use my tutorial on mixed method skintone defaults for smaller skin packages if file size is an issue.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:12 AM
I haven't used SimPE very much- when I right-click the image in SimPE, the option "Build DXT" is gray. How can I fix that?
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 11:10 AM
To get the picture to show up you have to chose PLUGIN VIEW at the bottom.

Thank you so much for this tutorial. Am currently converting my favourite Ren skins into defaults and it's working like a charm.
shiny!
retired moderator
#34 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 7:10 PM
While I appreciate your tutorial, it's a bit more time consuming than I want to jump into right now. Especially since I'm having to use an alpha SimPE compatible with the Bon Voyage game I have.. I'm not sure it would work until I have it installed anyway. Does anyone have that "push of a button" tutorial that allows for the reading of an existing installed skintone? I've used it before but I tried to go back to the site which taught me how to do it and it's gone...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#35 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 1:02 AM
I've never known of a 'push a button' way to do it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:13 PM
Great! This is really interesting and useful for those like me who starts in their own creations ^^

Happy simming time
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Swjosdotschka : 11th Jan 2008 at 12:41 PM.
I have a silly question: Can we change the package name after editing everything, so that we don't mix up with all the files?

EDIT: The problem with the skintone I would like o turn into default is, that it has 34 txtr, but a normal default only has 33 txtr files. The default I would like to make an overwriting files has baby hair, so this is the 34. txtr file. What can I do?
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:38 PM
In Sim PE, it won't let me select "Build DXT" help!
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 4:52 AM
Hi.. thanks for the tutorial, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it's gonna work.
So, I was wondering, is it the same process if I want to change the deafult eyes?
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 7:20 PM Last edited by minettomomo : 22nd Sep 2008 at 10:16 PM.
Hi there~ I was trying out here and am stuck at Step three : Importing the new textures

Following the instruction, I use SimPE open the default skin replacement file (d)
and click on the texture image and get file names as "##0x5f082322!0xf757cc53_txtr" instead

So my question here is how do I know which should go to which correct PNG files as the file names
are totally different from Angelyne's ~~ LOL

Can someone please kindly help me up here as I search around and can't find
any how-to-do thread on regarding this matters of totally different file
names

EDIT> finally manage to sort it out and understand thru HP tutorial~thanks alot
Field Researcher
#42 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 4:25 AM Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 10th Sep 2008 at 9:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Swjosdotschka
The problem with the skintone I would like o turn into default is, that it has 34 txtr, but a normal default only has 33 txtr files. The default I would like to make an overwriting files has baby hair, so this is the 34. txtr file. What can I do?

I Didn't see any response to this question & since this is my current situation too, I thought I would ask as well:

I am interested in making default replacements out of Recoradyn's (I think that's right) wonderful "Infant Hair Enabled" skins & can do everything in this tutorial...except figure out which file I need to "swap out" in the Default with her infant hair file.

If I understand HP's tutorial on mixed method defaults, it seems that the Baby Scalp is drawing off the Body texture, so now I am wondering if it's even possible to have default enabled infant hair at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

-ZW

(I am very tired of bald babies, but changing the skin file of every Sim in all my Hoods "by hand" with SimPE would be far too time consuming, hence my desire for a set of defaults if at all possible.)

**** EDITED ****

Well despite nobody here answering my pleas, I managed to figure it out & now have working (dependent) Defaults of the 4 Maxis Skins with infant hair.

Yay for me!

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:53 PM
Well After spending hours looking for my perfect default, I have yet to find one Im so in love wwith...so i am attempting a conversion of my favourite skin so everyone will have them....Hopefully I have the patience to do this

Thanks for the tut
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 10:03 PM
Thanks for this!
I wanted to suggest to those who don't have a batch converting program, a program called IrfanView. It's amazing, it took less than a minute to convert all 39 image files for a skintone to .png. You can find it at http://www.irfanview.com/ and here's how you use it:
In IrfanView, choose Files-> Batch Convert
- Choose Input Files
- Specify Output Directory
- Make sure either "Batch Conversion" is checked
- Make sure Output Format is set to PNG-format
- Press Start.

promise me you'll never leave, promise me you'll always stay
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 6:24 AM Last edited by bottlewater : 18th Oct 2008 at 6:34 AM.
I really don not know what you mean by "default replacement file"!! By the way you are making it sound, you have a file downloaded someone made default--but what if you're trying to replace the regular Maxis defaults?! And what is the difference?

And I am not getting any pictures. And the skin is showing up gray in BodyShop, but that's because it is .PNG, right?
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 8:25 AM
Thank you! This tut is very helpful
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:08 AM
Is there Anyway too Replace the were Default werewolf skin?
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:52 AM
Default thanks
Alright. I'm stuck on Step Three. I found a really awesome video tutorial of how to do batch conversions in Adobe Photoshop (i have cs2, so this tutorial is for CS2) here.

When you say "default skin replacement file" do you mean the file I just converted to a PNG or the actual maxis file?

I'm actually trying to make an alien default with this tutorial. It was easy up to Step 3 and my mind did a U-turn on me. I'm just a little confused. :/

But it's an awesome tutorial, by the way.
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 4:49 AM
Default silly me >.<
Silly me! I figured it out. Thank you so much for your tutorial, it is absolutely lovely! I was making it harder for myself than it actually was.

So I'm going to answer bottlewater's question since it was similar.

You have to download a default skin replacement, I used the green tone found in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=305760

(I'm actually replacing the alien default, though.)

Then when you go to SimPE to open that 'default skin replacement file', it should be in your downloads (I always put my defaults in a sub-folder so they're easier to find).

Then you follow the rest of the tutorial from there

I hope that helped. This tutorial helped a bunch!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:12 PM
For those of you who still have a grayed-out 'build dxt' box, make sure you have the Nvidia DDS tools settings done properly, as decribed here
Page 2 of 3