Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TeenStar PC -> New Name: PC Omega 3000 - Updated for FREETIME

by CtfG Posted 12th Mar 2006 at 1:42 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2008 at 11:48 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME, Bugfix info

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:45 AM
Pretty cool, but I think the inTeenImater has been updated now though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zookini
Pretty cool, but I think the inTeenImater has been updated now though.

I just checked the site under http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/
This is what Jase wrote: "...I have stated that things are a bit of a mess with InTeen right now, and I am trying to determine if/when/how to go about such an update. ..."

So the whole package of InTeenImater is not updated yet, and there is no deadline as to when it will happen. That's the reason why I forced myself to do this PC
#4 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 9:56 AM
:bandit: nice :wave:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 5:47 PM
This is really great, this is compatiable with OFB right?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 9:04 PM
How does it work when the teen has moved out then? Can they really move into a lot by themselves?
#7 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Netza
How does it work when the teen has moved out then? Can they really move into a lot by themselves?

Yes, I have experimented with this myself--trying to get teen sims to be on their own. You can move out the adult, and leave the teen there. Then go into neighborhoods and move the teen sim out of the house into another one... It's a loooong way to go about it, but it's possible.

This just makes it WAY easier! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Yes, I have experimented with this myself--trying to get teen sims to be on their own. You can move out the adult, and leave the teen there. Then go into neighborhoods and move the teen sim out of the house into another one... It's a loooong way to go about it, but it's possible.

This just makes it WAY easier! Thanks so much!

Great then, thanks.
#9 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 12:09 AM
Awesome! Just today I was playing my money-tight sims and wishing their two teen boys could do more to make money. Now they can!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 10:44 AM Last edited by CtfG : 13th Mar 2006 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Edited my usual typos...
Quote: Originally posted by MaegotH
This is really great, this is compatiable with OFB right?

Yes, it is. No problems with OFB right now, and I've played OFB extensively lately.

Quote: Originally posted by Netza

The move-out option is like the standard option for young adults, adults & elders. The teen will get the usual §20,000, will move to the neighborhood bin and can be moved from there into any other empty residential lot in any neighborhood (Residential, Downtown, Business...) which is in the range of §20,000. Or the teen can be added to any other family, taking the §20,000 with to the new home.

@cuddlymidget: Exactly that was the reason for me to make this PC As I said: I really miss InTeenImater and all the "freedom" the teens had. And I also found it unfair to have the parents move out first, since then they leave back all the money they have earned until then.

As soon as SimPE will be available for OFB, I will update this PC and add the functions to open a shop / buy an existing shop. Promised.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KruegersKat
Awesome! Just today I was playing my money-tight sims and wishing their two teen boys could do more to make money. Now they can!

Teens (and children) can easily make money: starting with toddler, build up their creativity and let them paint. When their personality is high on both outgoing and nice, they can sell their paintings for +600 as teens. One of my sims whom I let paint his sim-life long sold paintings for +1000 when he became an elder. Nevertheless, I just missed the option "Write Novel" for teens, as stated above, and that was - in the first place - the reason for this PC. Have fun!
Systemic Anomaly
#12 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
I just checked the site under http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/
This is what Jase wrote: "...I have stated that things are a bit of a mess with InTeen right now, and I am trying to determine if/when/how to go about such an update. ..."

So the whole package of InTeenImater is not updated yet, and there is no deadline as to when it will happen. That's the reason why I forced myself to do this PC

Behold, the power of reading...
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 10:39 PM
Thanks, the novel writing feature is something I've really wanted for teens.
#14 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 12:12 PM
OMG i thank you so much!!!!! whenever I get a pregnant teen (yea i have that hack) i can't get them to move out w/ their boyfriends and it bothers me soooo much! but now i can. THaNk U!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 1:44 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
The move-out option is like the standard option for young adults, adults & elders......the teen can be added to any other family, taking the §20,000 with to the new home.

I never knew this was possible! How can one do this? I've been trying to figure it out to no avail... It would be great if all people (including babies, toddlers, and children) could move out so that they could be taken care of by someone else without having to be taken away by the social worker and losing their last name and family tree . Do you know anyway this is possible?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:07 AM Last edited by CtfG : 28th Sep 2006 at 8:26 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Quote: Originally posted by Orkenekro
I never knew this was possible! How can one do this? I've been trying to figure it out to no avail... It would be great if all people (including babies, toddlers, and children) could move out so that they could be taken care of by someone else without having to be taken away by the social worker and losing their last name and family tree . Do you know anyway this is possible?

I'm terribly sorry for the late answer, Orkenekro; due to some hardware problems, I couldn't use my PC for more than 3 weeks (damn those multi-function floppy drives... *grrr*).

As for your question: It *is* possible to let toddlers and children move out, but ONLY if there's a hack for it. I didn't include these age groups for certain reasons:
- teens are able to pay bills, so they can manage a household on their own.
- children and toddlers are NOT able to pay bills, so they can't manage a household
- babies cannot move out since they are not selectable. If you make them selectable with a cheat, they still cannot interact with any object (newspaper or computer is needed to move out, in this case).

If you want to "transfer" an existing Sim to another household, use the "Tombstone of L&D" from the cheat menu. Or use the cheat "AddneighbortoFamilycheat [on/off]" on the Sim you want to add to a different household. For this, invite the Sim over, click on him/her, and select "Add Neighbor".

Hope this helps, and again sorry for the delay in answering!
- - - - - -
P.S.: I tried it today and modified a function so that a kid can move out. It works, but when the kid moves into an empty house, it won't take long for the social worker to appear. But if the kid moves into an existing household, everthing is okay, and even the §20,000 which the kid brings with it are added to the household fund. So if you (or any other fan of TS2) are still interested in having this option, let me know.

CtfG
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 4:48 PM
Wow this hack is great. Thank you.
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 9:30 PM
Wait... so this works if I just have the original? *downloads, thanks, bookmarks your profile forever*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:57 PM
this mod works great i tested it sevral times and i ran into only oen problem lol i thought i had a teen as active and looked again and it was an adult as soon as i clciked on the teen they were able to move out with no problem at all thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
Wait... so this works if I just have the original?

Exactly. The object was taken from NL initially and then extended with OfB functions, but I checked against all other EP's. With only the original game installed, teens may write novels, move out, quit school, chat etc. With Uni installed, teens may apply for scholarships, review them and move to college. With NL installed: no effect, since NL didn't extend the computer's pie menu. With OfB installed: Real Estate and Business options are available. When one or more EP isn't installed, the pie menu won't show these options.

@hotrod50s: Right, adults can only repair the PC and/or turn it off. Same goes for young adults and elders, so this PC is useless on a Uni lot (intentionally).
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 11:25 PM
Deleted, then re-written.

Okay, I unzipped the whole thing in my Downloads folder and moved the Readme to a separate folder (where I keep all my Readmes from downloading custom content). The Readme says the PCs should appear with the other PCs... but they don't. I know I have the .package files correctly placed, where are my PCs?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 12:29 AM
Proxian_girl,

there might be a conflict with the GUID. Please be so kind to download the new version which I uploaded a few seconds ago. This one should fix any ID conflict.
Instructor
#24 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:10 PM
Still no luck. I'm sorry to be causing so much trouble!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
Still no luck. I'm sorry to be causing so much trouble!

No problem If I can help, I'm glad to help.

You posted a comment in a different thread: "Hanging on to this because who knows when something like this may come in handy? Putting it with the other hacks I can't use right now because I'm working on a Legacy Challenge..."

Now, are you absolutely sure you put the .package into the correct Downloads folder? Into the one, which is active right now and loaded when the game starts? Just to make sure: the .package file belongs to
<drive>:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

As soon as the PC is there, it should appear in the buy catalogue. But if it is still not available there, please try Paladin's "Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility", available at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ . It will list any possible conflicts among your downloads.

If, after all these checks, you still have problems, don't hesitate to post here

CtfG
Page 1 of 5