Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 25th May 2006 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
Both the BoneTool (which is my work) and the Extended Manual Editor (which I did not write but think highly of) use the same interface ti MilkShape AND also open another window to work with the data.
There have been a few other reports of crashes with MilkShape 1.7.8 on the BoneTool, from users that were able to work with MilkShape 1.7.7a, but I have been unable to replicate the problem here, and thus am unable to make a fix available.
<* Wes *>

Oh, sorry I confused your work with demon's because there are so many tools in the menu. I really appreciate yours work. I sorry to hear that no fix is available for that. I will try to get 1.77a back. Thx for the hint.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 25th May 2006 at 1:35 PM
Thank you, Wes! 1.7.7a is better but it crushes sometimes.
Scholar
#53 Old 29th May 2006 at 10:21 AM
These plugins are great for fitting scalps to faces, so that you can convert hairmeshes to other ages and genders. It will fit exactly.

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303583&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303584&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303585&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303586&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303587&stc=1

http://upload.modthesims2.com/attac...id=303588&stc=1
You can even do more than 2 vertices at the same time if you're not easily confused.

Thanks again for this easy plugin
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:06 AM
Default Has anyone resolved this issue? (looking at Warlokk)
Quote: Originally posted by Warlokk
LOL that's pretty much the conclusion I was coming to as well... thanks a lot for taking a look. I know about the skintone alignment thing, I will be releasing a full set of properly aligned skintones with the project, based on ones created by BeosBoxBoy for the BodyBuilder set.

With this flaw out of the way, I just need to rebuild the nude bottoms sizes the same way, and I think it'll be ready to go. Thanks again for the help, every now and then I get an obsessive perfectionist thing going, it's tough to step back and say, "OK good enough" sometimes :D

At this point I want to thank Demon for his most excellent tool, without it I wouldn't be able to get even close to being satisfied with these... sometimes you just gotta go tweak some numbers by hand. Thanks Demon!!!

I am having the same problem Warlokk has detailed earlier in this thread, specifically, that while these great plugins allow for we to perfectly align my custom meshes, there is the faintest shadow on the custom bottoms I'm making.

I've been very careful to triple check that all the connecting vertices and the vertices of the next row have the same values as their maxis counterparts, but still, no good. I know I'm splitting hairs, but the effect is noticable and I'd like to remove it.
Instructor
#55 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:36 AM
Sorry, I just sort of accepted it as a minor flaw that only some people could see... honestly I haven't even noticed it since.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:19 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I agree it's hardly noticable. (except now that I kow it's there it's all I can see...)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warlokk
Question/Request for Demon: Is there any way we could get a Copy All/Paste All function for the Ext Manual Edit tool?

Big sorry for my long silence - currently I'm so far from my home and haven't time for working with Internet (( But my job going to the end and I'm go back at middle of June. I can update editor engine as You need, and new version will be posted approximately at end of June. May be some other additions or changes wanted also?
Instructor
#58 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 2:53 AM
Ah welcome back Demon... glad everything's OK with you

I just thought of something that would be amazing, if it's possible. Currently, when you take two meshes and Weld them, there is no control over the coordinates/settings of the resulting verts. If there were a way to take, for example, 2 meshes or groups, overlapping each other so the verts are almost aligned, and perform the Weld function to have the new verts inherit the settings of one set or the other?

For example... I'm working on custom Nude Top meshes. Once I'm done modifying everything, I currently have to go in and edit the verts around the waistline to make them equal the default meshes, otherwise there are visible normals and positioning differences due to the smoothing and import/export functions of Poser etc. What would be absolutely great, is if I could take my Top, import a Maxis Bottom into a separate group, and perform some sort of Weld function that would force the values from the Bottom verts onto the Top verts that align with them. I could then delete the Bottom group, and my Top would merge perfectly with the standard meshes, without having to manually edit every vertex. One could also do it with meshes that are the same type, for example take a custom top, overlap a Maxis top, and Weld the neck verts at the top to force them to the Maxis values.

Does this make sense?

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#59 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:10 AM
The problem Warlokk, is how would we tell it *which* set of values to use. How would it know to copy the values from the pants to the top vs. from the top to the pants?
Instructor
#60 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:18 AM
Yes, I thought of that problem too... I was hoping maybe somehow the group assignment could be used, if possible... no idea if it is or no, but it can never hurt to ask

Field Researcher
#61 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 1:34 AM
Hey Demon432! Man thank you for these plugins! They helped alot! especially the alignment one. Had a question on the extended edit one, would it be possible to add a function to it? Like a swap zone? Click the line you want and it swaps its content for what is there, unless it is empty, then it keeps its data, just shares it, then you could click another line to replace its data with the data from the swap area. A clear button for the swap zone would be a really good thing too. Keep up the great work!
Instructor
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 2:43 PM
thanks for the plugins
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 12:49 AM
Thank you SO much. These are life-savers!
<3
Field Researcher
#64 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 6:35 PM
Default having problems
OK i've had this problem before and so i started all the way from scratch -.- i know auto smooth smooths everything and will make things look weird, i've tried a number of things i have seled a part of the body from a mesh (just the weist) and i wanted to make it an alpha so i proceeded with making it a back face and smoothed all then i tried two ways ... exporting with .obj and exporting with unimes still i get this weird odd tone on my mesh ; ; tigger said to use your tool so i wanted to know exactly how .. plz
Instructor
#65 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:45 AM
You need to use the Align Normals plugin, which is part of this set Demon made. Just select the seam, and go to Vertex--Align Normals, and voila! No more seam. Be careful with it though, cause it can smooth out parts you don't want to smooth if you select too much, so just select the areas you need to work on. Be careful around any sharp edges too, it will make mess of them.

Field Researcher
#66 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:23 PM
ty so much warlokk ^.~
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:48 AM
Thanks in advance for these plugins; I think they'll be quite useful.

However, I'm having just a bit of a problem:
I don't know how to install them / get them to show up in Milkshape!

I'm new to editing meshes, so I assume I'm missing something really obvious. I'm running Milkshape 1.8.1b, with wes_h's Unimesh plugins (no problems there - I just unzipped the .dll files into my ms3d program folder). Apparently that doesn't work with these .rar files. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
SneezeyPicc
Alchemist
#68 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:15 AM
.RAR is a newer .ZIP alternative.

Search and find a program called WinRar, it works very nicely on both rar and zip files. I even use it regularly to compress and archive my entire My Documents folder to my external drive because one of the options allows the program to shutdown the machine when finished, so I can start it and just go to bed.

So you obtain and install WinRAR, then you can right-click on the filenames in Windows Explorer to tell WinRAR to extract them, and then place the extracted files in the MilkShape directory, where the other plugins are located.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
.RAR is a newer .ZIP alternative.

That would be what I was missing.

Thanks!

~SneezeyPicc
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 3:46 PM
Hi Demon,

I have been trying to download the extended manual edit and Align normal tool. I was able to successfully download it, although when I opened it in WinRAR and upzipped it so to speak, I received the following error from WinRar:

1 MTS2_demon432_260194_msAlignNormals.rar: The file "msAlignNormals.dll" header is corrupt
2 MTS2_demon432_260194_msAlignNormals.rar: Unknown method in msAlignNormals.dll
3 MTS2_demon432_260194_msAlignNormals.rar: The file "Readme.txt" header is corrupt
4 MTS2_demon432_260194_msAlignNormals.rar: Unknown method in Readme.txt
5 MTS2_demon432_260194_msAlignNormals.rar: No files to extract

Do you what the solution is to this problem or do you have an alternative download link?

Kind regards,
MissLondon88

Love,

Ilse
Instructor
#71 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 6:36 PM
MissLondon, you should try redownloading until they can properly extract, this sometimes happen when the servers are too busy. I just tested the files and they're ok

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Inventor
#72 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 7:20 PM
Thank you very much for these very usefull plugins, they make meshing a lot easier.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:33 AM
Thank you for sharing your talent.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:41 PM
thank you wes!
Alchemist
#75 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:49 AM
Well, I would be polite and say "You're welcome", or perhaps be modern and say "no problem" but I did not write them. Demon somethingoranother wrote them. I believe he was a Russian programmer, and has not been around in a long time.

They are excellent plugins. I wish I had the source to the extended editor, I would perhaps extend it a little bit more. But the author seems to have moved on to other things.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Page 3 of 4