Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 6:27 AM
Thanks! This helps heaps! I just downloaded Paint.NET...it's good, eh?

See my art here.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for the info. This will be my first foray into creating clothing for my sims now I've found all these training sessions.
Holly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:58 PM
No problem! If you have any problems PM me, I'll be more than happy to help.

If you like my stuff, please hit the Thanks button.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 6:43 PM
Thanks so much! I just used these 2 tutorials to put a neat tapestry pattern on that red maxis dress with the tiger on it. It looks great! I'm so proud of myself! Yay!!

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 5:11 PM
Hi im kinda new to the recolor world and i understand you recolor tutorial but i have a question about your adding patterns for your tutorial2 i cant seem to get the pattern to look like yours after i copy and paste it to the pj set could you please help me with this ive always been interested in learning how to make things i just keep tryin. thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleDevil25
Hi im kinda new to the recolor world and i understand you recolor tutorial but i have a question about your adding patterns for your tutorial2 i cant seem to get the pattern to look like yours after i copy and paste it to the pj set could you please help me with this ive always been interested in learning how to make things i just keep tryin. thank you.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I would be glad to help! Just the first thing that comes to mind though, did you follow step 6 (I know they aren't numbered, just count down to six) in the patterns tut? That might be it. You need to change the layer properties in order for the bottom layer to show through. If that's not it, let me know.

Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by judithanndl
So, basically Paint.NET does not have any fancy pattern fill capabilities so you will have to copy paste a lot to fill the area you want.

Acutually, there's a "Photofill plugin".
You can get it here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/v...55db6d8d855329d

It's really useful!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:17 AM
Thank you for pointing that out. I'll try it out, it might come in handy. Just remember though, that the plugins made for it are not from the publisher of the program, and any would be considered "beta".

Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:14 PM
Modding with Paint.NET
Oh my gosh thanks so much for you're help its been driving me crazy trying to learn how to do this.

Harry Potter Fans United!!

Dragon flys
Owls and Dragons oh my tattoo's
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:10 AM
Thank you for this! I have Paint.NET and am always *trying* to texture...

See my art here.
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st May 2007 at 10:57 PM
i have a question is the Paint.NET safe for the computer because i just got a new onw and i dont want to ruin it or put a viruse on it
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 3:05 AM
XglittersnifferX

I do not understand what people think - that folks would recommend a program that is 'bad for a computer' or 'contained viruses' !!! *glares*

If you have a new computer - make sure you have good antivirus software on it. Not to protect yourself from paint.net but to protect yourself in general!

Paint.net is free, and you'll have to follow the directions there to get it to work, and if you now have Vista, I have no idea if it will run or not, but you can _try it_ because _it's free_. Or go check their website and see if they have a forum for questions (which I'd read for the answer before asking, as others have Vista also)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:33 PM
Default Help
hey
i am very new to this just started today but i am attempting eventually to do my own movie from scratch
anyway thats beside the point
for now i am just trying to sort out some clothes
i am having a real problem with selective recolouring
i just want to make a white pair of trousers into black ones - but i am finding this impossible
i have read the original tutorial steps over and over but they just don't work for me!!!
in my version of paint.net the hue/saturation button is not under layers! it is under adjustments instead
i have tried to select areas with all the tools but then when i try to recolour it nothing happens!
please help me someone asap
thanks
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by givemeallurpoison
hey
i am very new to this just started today but i am attempting eventually to do my own movie from scratch
anyway thats beside the point
for now i am just trying to sort out some clothes
i am having a real problem with selective recolouring
i just want to make a white pair of trousers into black ones - but i am finding this impossible
i have read the original tutorial steps over and over but they just don't work for me!!!
in my version of paint.net the hue/saturation button is not under layers! it is under adjustments instead
i have tried to select areas with all the tools but then when i try to recolour it nothing happens!
please help me someone asap
thanks

nevermind i worked it out
but now i have a new problem, i can't get my outfit back into sims bodyshop! i press the refresh button but nothing happens - i don't want to start all over, can anyone help me?

and also does anyone know how i can remove pockets or change the material of my outfit?

it would be great if someone could help me out here, thanks again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 2:45 AM
Without any more details I can't tell you exactly what the problem is there. Except as I thought about it, it occured to me that maybe you are not saving the finished product in .bmp format. Usually, while making textures for the sims game in PDN, you work with layers. So unless you force the program to save in another format, while there are layers present, it automatically saves in .pdn. In order for BodyShop to read the file, it must be in .bmp format. Refer to the picture below for a more detailed look on how to do that. Also, always remember to use the "Save As" feature while saving (File>Save As...), otherwise you cannot change format or location.

If that does not work, please provide me with more information about exactly how you are saving your files and where.

Also, thanks for letting me know about the menu changes. I forgot to fix the tutorial when the newer versions of PDN were released. I will fix that real soon.

Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:47 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I did my first recolor!! now i might try to upload on this !!!
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:33 AM
Excellent tutorial. Thank you so much!

.:Embrace the pain behind my lips:.
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 10:06 PM
is there a dodge button on paint.NET? I've been looking around without any success. If there isnt, what should I use?

Thanks for your help and the amazing modding tutorial!
<3
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 6:21 AM
Thanks very much for this tute! Do you have to start with a pretty bland coloured outfit? I tried this and put a blue pattern over a red shirt but the red was coming through when I set the opacity and it made it look very different!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#45 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:15 AM
QuadLover102
Make a new layer - then use white or black to draw shadows/highlights. I use a separate layer for highlights and for shadows so I can adjust them separately.
Draw the highlights - blur, smudge, etc, and then lower the opacity of that layer down to like 15-25%.

Kasi
If you are trying to recolor over something - pick the light version of a garment to start with. You can also desaturate the layer of the original garment, and then experiment with the lightness and contrast to get something lighter to color over.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 2:38 PM
Hi i um I NEED YOUR HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am haveing a big problem with geting the right stuff to make sims stuff like clothes hair make up glasses and house stuff and food.plz tell me where to get some thing free becuz i got no money.literly
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#47 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 6:24 AM
Kaylap - First, do NOT double post. Secondly your first post had NOTHING to do with this tutorial and the second one didn't either, as meshing is making a new 3d object - and this is about putting a new design on an existing outfit.

I suggest you go to the 'game help' areas and learn how to download. Then start by doing one of the tutorials (like this one, after you install paint.net on your computer and learn how to use it)

Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 3:04 AM
Thank you so much, tiggerypum! I'm just about to try it! :]
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Kaylap - First, do NOT double post. Secondly your first post had NOTHING to do with this tutorial and the second one didn't either, as meshing is making a new 3d object - and this is about putting a new design on an existing outfit.

I suggest you go to the 'game help' areas and learn how to download. Then start by doing one of the tutorials (like this one, after you install paint.net on your computer and learn how to use it)

I already have paint net try to go to thesims2.com and look at the stuff i make.duh
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 11:10 PM
I can't find Paint.NET v2.62! Well, I went to Paint.Net, but can't find where to download the V2.62 version!

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Page 2 of 4