Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Louis#7 Skintone Lin's Edition - for Default and None-Default.

by nihilin Posted 17th Jul 2006 at 12:05 AM - Updated 30th Dec 2006 at 9:44 PM by nihilin

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 1:30 AM
Yay! I downloaded these skins a while ago at your site, and I was just dying for a default version. These are great, thank you!!!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:03 AM
Thank you so much for doing this. I tried several times to make these as defaults for my game but certain skins came out wrong.

Thank you for making Louis' skins even better. *hugs*
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:54 AM
I've been wanting Louis defaults for so long, but always hated the eyebrows and belly button ring that came tacked on. Thank you so much for making these and taking the time to make them as defaults!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:56 AM
Oh, awesome. I use the regular Louis defaults, but I've admired your edits for a while now and I love 'em. Thank you!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 5:29 AM
Thank You so much I have been waiting for these SOOOO long Thank You.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 6:10 AM
What Naihpat said. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 7:14 AM
Great work ! Thanks !

Can you make same replacement for Alien and Zombie plz ?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#9 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 8:23 AM
I like such kind of skintones very much! Just in my very taste!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 9:51 AM
Hey Lin. I LOVE these skintones.

But I was wondering, can you make an alternate version that uses your Tan skins as the Default Tan (currently they are using your Dark Tan version) and you Dark Tan skin as default Dark (currently you are using your Dark version for the default Dark)? Or can you at least guide me on how to change them? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 10:52 AM
Thanks very much for these. I also had tried (and failed) to make default overides of your great skins but had a problem where fit adult males would revert to the maxis body (but retain the custom face). I'll definately be trying these out.

I currently use your skins like this:

Mid = Light
Tan = Mid
Dark Tan = Tan
Dark = Dark

If you are willing to do alternative versions I would love it if you could do your mid tone as the default light and your tan as the default mid.

Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wallem
Great work ! Thanks !

Can you make same replacement for Alien and Zombie plz ?

Sorry, I have no more plan for other colors right now.

Quote: Originally posted by emino

But I was wondering, can you make an alternate version that uses your Tan skins as the Default Tan (currently they are using your Dark Tan version) and you Dark Tan skin as default Dark (currently you are using your Dark version for the default Dark)? Or can you at least guide me on how to change them? Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by Rascal
Thanks very much for these. I also had tried (and failed) to make default overides of your great skins but had a problem where fit adult males would revert to the maxis body (but retain the custom face). I'll definately be trying these out.

I currently use your skins like this:

Mid = Light
Tan = Mid
Dark Tan = Tan
Dark = Dark

If you are willing to do alternative versions I would love it if you could do your mid tone as the default light and your tan as the default mid.

Thanks

Ok all, i'll make how-to tutorial as soon as i can.
i think it would be better than i do, coz i can't satisfy all others.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nihilin
Ok all, i'll make how-to tutorial as soon as i can.
i think it would be better than i do, coz i can't satisfy all others.

That would be awesome. I made default overides using the one button SimPE method described by Sleepycat here but obviously you did something different because yours work properly (I checked).

[QUOTE from emino]
But I was wondering, can you make an alternate version that uses your Tan skins as the Default Tan (currently they are using your Dark Tan version) and you Dark Tan skin as default Dark (currently you are using your Dark version for the default Dark)?
[end QUOTE]

I would actually be very happy with this also. Your tan skin is actually my favourite and if it were one of the defaults then more sims would be wearing it. :D
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:29 AM
I love these edition skin tones!! Now they're defaults!!?!? Holy moly! I'm there!! Thanks for making these defaults...Louis so beautiful tones for all!! Maybe townies won't be quite so hidious! Thanks again!

I...will never be a memory.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 2:44 AM
Beautiful skins! I love them! I can't wait to see how my ugly townies now look with this beautiful skintone.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 9:23 PM
I have already downloaded your skintones from your homepage and I love them!!! Thank you for making a Defaultedition.

"Don't get officious. You're not yourself when you're officious. That is the curse of a government job." Harold and Maude
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 3:46 AM
I've had these downloaded for my Sims since the day I saw them, now I can have them as default. Thank you so much!!

All my creations can now be found HERE.
shiny!
retired moderator
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:39 AM
It says it needs the non-default versions to work.. where do I get them? Sim Cribbling is down
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:45 AM
The non default is the four file uploaded here. If you get the fifth file (default add on) then it will became default.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:56 PM
When I made these skins default, the back of babies heads were the default Maxis colour, same goes with the alien default. Is that normal or not? ;P Because if these defaults aren't like that, I'll download these instead.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:41 PM
I made these skins default and had no problem with babies. Even the townies looked normal afterwards, which is rare when I replace one custom default with another!

These skins are amazing - I thought this other I'd been using was easy to use; my sims who are based on real people look more like the real thing now, which I thought I'd never see! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 2:57 PM
Amazing! I've always wanted to see those without the belly ring and those even more annoying eyebrows. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 9:05 PM
Any word yet on how to override the Light default to Mid, and Mid to Tan yet? The light skin tone is just TO light. Teens look unhealthy...
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 11:35 PM
Thanks for making these, great work!

Your tan is great as well, I love what you did with Louis'. I have been a fan of that particular one and I agree with several others, I would love to see it as the mid, or 2nd maxis default shade.

I am sure that it is quite a bit of work, but if you got around to making that one as a default. I would love and appreciate it!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:14 PM Last edited by miacovaspet : 22nd Aug 2006 at 6:44 PM. Reason: I'm a dork!
I love these skins but am having trouble with the defaults. The townies heads do not match their bodies. I have all five required files. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

*smacks side of head* I had two sets of default skins. I haven't opened my game yet but I bet that's what the problem was!
Page 1 of 3